Bookmarks / Favorites

ipsrocks

I didn't know there was an upgrade. :lol: It works like a charm now! Thank you. :thumbsup:

Request?
1. Is it possible to re-add the bookmark link where "quote" is in the post? The font awesome is great too, but I thought it might be easier for members to see.

2. In the user menu, is it possible to display the bookmark link somewhere below the "Profile" link? Maybe before or after "My Activity" link?

Would this work?;)

8e7968769aee52d86a4d5bb8aac92480.gif

And i'll keep your second point for 4.1 , i think it's going to be easier to adjust this with the new menu manager

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what i meant by "And i'll keep your second point for 4.1 , i think it's going to be easier to adjust this with the new menu manager"

Haha, I completely missed that post. Although I saw it, I didn't realize you were quoting me so I skipped over it. :lol: My bad on that one. Silly me. :tongue:

As for the link position, that works. It's nice to have options. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, ipsrocks said:

This application doesn't have any settings and permissions. You can allow/disallow the usage of this feature with the application permissions ( ACP => System => Applications => Bookmarks  )

permissions.thumb.png.ea97b0b1453ded5dbd

Hmm, okay.  Questions or suggestions:

1.  Allow users to bookmark categories and topics, and not just forum posts.  Same for gallery images versus gallery albums or categories, etc.

2.  Add membergroup permissions

3.  Do you notify the poster if his content gets bookmarked?  

2) What permissions would you need? ATM there's nothing what you could control! Once the profile tab was implemented, i'll implement this as a permission and then i'll also create a "can use" permission, but ATM there's really nothing, what you could control, what you can't control with the application permission?!

3) This was already suggested and accepted ;)

3 minutes ago, ipsrocks said:

2) What permissions would you need? ATM there's nothing what you could control! Once the profile tab was implemented, i'll implement this as a permissions, but ATM there's really nothing, what you could control?!

LOL I suppose only allow certain membergroups the ability to use Bookmarks, or only allow bookmarks in certain categories, etc.  

For example, this could be used as an incentive for regular members to become VIP Clients to add the bookmarking feature.  

Just now, Joel R said:

LOL I suppose only allow certain membergroups the ability to use Bookmarks, or only allow bookmarks in certain categories, etc.  

For example, this could be used as an incentive for regular members to become VIP Clients to add the bookmarking feature.  

You can do this already with the application permissions! If you disallow the application to the inactive or regular members, only the vips will be able to use it.

• 4 weeks later...
Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:47:38 +0000 (Severity: 2)
<ip address redacted> - http://fmforums.com/bookmarks/
OutOfRangeException
0: 
#0 /databases/fmforums/public_html/applications/bookmarks/sources/Bookmark/Bookmark.php(50): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(446729)
#1 /databases/fmforums/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(680) : eval()'d code(24): IPS\bookmarks\_Bookmark->getContentObject()
#2 /databases/fmforums/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(680) : eval()'d code(1898): IPS\Theme\class_bookmarks_front_bookmark->bookmarkRow(Object(IPS\bookmarks\Bookmark\Table), Array, Array)
#3 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_core_front_tables->table(Object(IPS\bookmarks\Bookmark\Table), Array, Array, NULL, false)
#4 /databases/fmforums/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(472): call_user_func(Array, Object(IPS\bookmarks\Bookmark\Table), Array, Array, NULL, false)
#5 /databases/fmforums/public_html/applications/bookmarks/modules/front/bookmarks/browse.php(30): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#6 /databases/fmforums/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(94): IPS\bookmarks\modules\front\bookmarks\_browse->manage()
#7 /databases/fmforums/public_html/applications/bookmarks/modules/front/bookmarks/base.php(29): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /databases/fmforums/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\bookmarks\modules\front\bookmarks\_base->execute()
#9 /databases/fmforums/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

2 hours ago, Ocean West said:

Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:47:38 +0000 (Severity: 2)
<ip address redacted> - http://fmforums.com/bookmarks/
OutOfRangeException
0: 
#0 /databases/fmforums/public_html/applications/bookmarks/sources/Bookmark/Bookmark.php(50): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(446729)
#1 /databases/fmforums/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(680) : eval()'d code(24): IPS\bookmarks\_Bookmark->getContentObject()
#2 /databases/fmforums/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(680) : eval()'d code(1898): IPS\Theme\class_bookmarks_front_bookmark->bookmarkRow(Object(IPS\bookmarks\Bookmark\Table), Array, Array)
#3 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_core_front_tables->table(Object(IPS\bookmarks\Bookmark\Table), Array, Array, NULL, false)
#4 /databases/fmforums/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(472): call_user_func(Array, Object(IPS\bookmarks\Bookmark\Table), Array, Array, NULL, false)
#5 /databases/fmforums/public_html/applications/bookmarks/modules/front/bookmarks/browse.php(30): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#6 /databases/fmforums/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(94): IPS\bookmarks\modules\front\bookmarks\_browse->manage()
#7 /databases/fmforums/public_html/applications/bookmarks/modules/front/bookmarks/base.php(29): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /databases/fmforums/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\bookmarks\modules\front\bookmarks\_base->execute()
#9 /databases/fmforums/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Have you uninstalled recently any application?

I have released a new version to prevent that this error is shown.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello @ipsrocks

Thank you for keeping the Bookmarks application updated.  I am running the latest v4.1.3.2 and I wanted to let you know of an error that I received:

[[Template forums/front/global/snippet does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please advise.  Screenshot attached.  

Although I am running a custom theme, it's a variant of the default theme using the Live Theme Editor where only the colors have changed.  

Bookmark Error.PNG

32 minutes ago, casita1 said:

@Makoto Does this work in pages as well?

Hey @casita1,

I'm afraid I was just recently (this week) asked to take over the application by the original author (@ipsrocks) and haven't had time to really dig in and become fully acquainted with everything yet. Hopefully I'll be able to soon and then I'll be able to answer any questions you may have.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2016 at 7:03 PM, Sull5 said:

Makoto, please take a look at this template error :)

[[Template forums/front/global/snippet does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry for the delay @Sull5, I've been a bit bogged down lately! I'm going to look into this now and will have an update available for you soon.

Archived