Read That Topic/Announcement

Adriano Faria

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there Adriano, my members are saying we are getting errors I have logged in as members and have seen this too, I have disabled it for now please see the following error below:

"something went wrong.Please try again"

Ok, my bad. Fixed again.

There's still a bug and I unfortunatelly won't have the proper time today to dig into it. I will have to come back on it during the week. The app works 100% if you add the POPUP TITLE and POPUP MESSAGE in all groups that you want it to be displayed. The app SETTINGS isn't working properly for now.

Message added to the file on Marketplace as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Adriano... :thumbsup:

Just a quick question, not being on the receiving end of these should a member have been on vacation for example and i had posted (Extreme Example) 20 forced reads in that time would they be forced to see all of them or would it just be the last one forced? Also is there a way to set up a way of being able to set an amount of time that these announcements get archived?

For example I set up a forced read and the life span of that forced read could be set to to 14 days or something? 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My guests while attempting to register keep getting the force read box popping up while trying to register accounts on my forums, Which is stopping them from successfully registering.

Message below of how someone explained it to me.

"after i register on the site it takes me to another page and the page says i have to verify my email then when i check my email i have no email then i try to click resend or sighn out and i cant because a message keeps popping up saying read this or thankyou read this constantly making me not able to click anything like sign out or resend."

10 hours ago, Bradley Sanvido said:

My guests while attempting to register keep getting the force read box popping up while trying to register accounts on my forums, Which is stopping them from successfully registering.

Message below of how someone explained it to me.

"after i register on the site it takes me to another page and the page says i have to verify my email then when i check my email i have no email then i try to click resend or sighn out and i cant because a message keeps popping up saying read this or thankyou read this constantly making me not able to click anything like sign out or resend."

Wieird, since this app doesn't apply to guests. Only to registered members.

Unless you're talking about validation, which I also use on my site and don't have this issue. I need more information to try to see what's going on.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
		if ( $group['g_readthattopic_type'] == 1 )
		{
			/* Load topic */
			try
			{
				$topic 	= \IPS\forums\Topic::load( $group['g_readthattopic_tid'] );
				$url	= \IPS\Http\Url::internal( "app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id={$topic->tid}", 'front', 'forums_topic', array( $topic->title_seo ) );
			}
			catch( \OutOfRangeException $e )
			{
				\IPS\Output::i()->error( 'topic_missing', '2C199/1', 404, '' );
			}
		}

Inform a validt topic ID and/or disable the read for the group you don't want to show.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Do you have a valid topic id on each group setting?

I tried to understand your words. I read the manual, i activate the necessary stuff.

So what we have? I have a field Topic/Announcement ID which is prefilled with "0". What i have to enter there?

topic_missing02.thumb.jpg.b6c608b10ffb24

I have the possibility to open a topic and force users to read the topic.

And i have the error message. So what settings i have to do and why?

topic_missing03.jpg.685f07eceb3044fbf8b7

Archived