Read That Topic/Announcement

Adriano Faria

About This File

This application will force members in selected groups to read a specific topic/announcement before being able to use the site. A popup will appear to those users with only one option: a button to redirect to that topic/announcement.

Settings (texts to be used on topics/announcements on public side):

• Popup Title
  • Popup Message

Per Group Settings:

• Enable application for the group
  • Topic/Announcement ID
  • Popup Title
  • Popup Message

Note:

• Due to the rework on plugin (every new resource has to be done from the scratch to run on  IPS4), a new purchase is required. Thank you for your understanding.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shame that you wont consider countdown on topics.. i would had bought it otherwise, 

i had countdown mod on vbulletin and it worked as i saw less ppl breaking a specific forum rules that ppl have previously done alot of times before.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adriano,

is there a way to force a usergroup to show the popup on every visit (cookie, IP, etc)... I don't know, if this is possible.

Background: I want to show some instructions on the announcement... Off course people will read (or at least click on the link) but will not change the requested things... After they change their things, the usergroup will be changed (this, off course, is nothing your app has to deal with)  with no popus defined in your app.

So, all i ask is about recurring popups for defined usergroups.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason this application isn't working for me, i have installed the application and when i click for a topic to be read by certain users it shows complete but members are not receiving the pop up.

I am only seeing tools in the ACP also.

f628c5c6b3dda32542d44e1c3578ea78.png

There's a bug in this version that made the Settings screen disappear. It will work if you force a group via Admin CP -> Members -> Groups.

I will release tomorrow the new version, fixing this and another bug with Terms of Service app.

Capturar.thumb.PNG.d36d9c2cfbd2f03f4ae82

Take a read on the HTML file.

Anyway, you need to go to the Admin CP -> Applications and upload the .tar file there.

So easy. Thank you for the quick reply. Sorry I missed the html file. I didn't mean to bug. 

@Adriano Faria i installed it, and when trying it out, I am getting this message, "We could not find the announcement you were trying to view."

What's New in Version 2.0.1   

• Fixed the redirect loop when TERMS OF SERVICE app is installed and enabled for the user
  • Fixed random error on message
  • Fixed the wrong redirect when you force reading directly on a topic/announcement

I updated the previous version, then also uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version, and I am still getting the following message: "We could not find the announcement you were trying to view."

I updated the previous version, then also uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version, and I am still getting the following message: "We could not find the announcement you were trying to view."

Have you selected TOPIC instead of Annoucement for the group? I've been using it all day long for a couple of days to try to reproduce another error (fixed) and I didn't ran on it.

Provide ACP access via PM so I can take a look.

Archived