Support for Chrome Push Notifications

RevengeFNF

• 7 months later...

I have noticed that if we enable push notifications in Chrome Mobile for Facebook, we will have the notifications even if the browser is closed(which happens all the time in a mobile phone). 

Its possible to have that kind of notifications with IPS? 

Right now we only receive browser notifications in desktop browser, and it needs to be opened. 

On March 9, 2016 at 8:11 AM, RevengeFNF said:

I have noticed that if we enable push notifications in Chrome Mobile for Facebook, we will have the notifications even if the browser is closed(which happens all the time in a mobile phone). 

Right now we only receive browser notifications in desktop browser, and it needs to be opened. 

Isn't it a browser feature? Why should be different from IPS to Facebook?

:p

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9.3.2016 at 0:11 PM, RevengeFNF said:

This would be really nice to have! Any news from IPS about this functionality. My users asking about this... it is kind of common these days...

Correct me if I'm wrong, this topic, which was started in July 2015, is about the Push web technology support which was not available in IPS4 until version 4.1 came out in October the same year, but it's still tagged as 'Not Planned'?

I know that the topic starter @RevengeFNF posted a reply in March this year, as can be seen in the below quote, asking about push notifications that support closed browser too.

On 9.3.2016 at 11:11 AM, RevengeFNF said:

Archived