Embed Youtube videos

Trevor Carey

I've done that, it still doesn't embed.

Testing it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63aifWlQze0

If it doesn’t work for you both here and on your own site, it seems the problem is cause on your end. 

So you put the cursor on an empty line, paste the raw plain-text URL copied from the browser bar, and then immediately hit enter? That would be the correct procedure. 

If that doesn’t work anywhere, do you have any browser plugins installed, which might interfere, e.g. JavaScript blockers?

If it doesn’t work for you both here and on your own site, it seems the problem is cause on your end. 

So you put the cursor on an empty line, paste the raw plain-text URL copied from the browser bar, and then immediately hit enter? That would be the correct procedure. 

If that doesn’t work anywhere, do you have any browser plugins installed, which might interfere, e.g. JavaScript blockers?

That's exactly what I am doing, but only seeing the link. I use Firefox - I'll have a look to see if any browser plugins would be interfering here.

This seems similar to the @mention problem.  Many times I type @username but don't get the popup, and therefore it isn't linked.  This YT problem seems similar, something isn't working inside the editor.  I am not sure why things aren't parsed on save, I'm coming from vb and don't understand the IPB logic fully.

Just by the fact that post exists, there is clearly a problem.  The link is correct, so there is a failure somewhere -- and the user cannot be blamed.

I have the same issue with any content:

- @ mentions take forever to load or just dont. A line break seems to fix or break it too.

- YT videos hit or miss.

- Images hit or miss.

- Topic embeds hit or miss.

All attempted with unformatted links and reported by multiple members on an active forum

Archived