Topic Viewed by Users

Adriano Faria

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a pitty! This is a free resource. I showed you it works, so...

Uninstall. Clear cache. Reinstall, etc. If it doesn't work, then I'm sorry.

You can always also request a Marketplace moderator to test the plugin. If the issue is confirmed (what I couldn't do), then I'll try to fix it or I'll request to remove it from marketplace.

19 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

What a pitty! This is a free resource. I showed you it works, so...

Uninstall. Clear cache. Reinstall, etc. If it doesn't work, then I'm sorry.

You can always also request a Marketplace moderator to test the plugin. If the issue is confirmed (what I couldn't do), then I'll try to fix it or I'll request to remove it from marketplace.

I've found through this route plugins :

Now everything is correct...:smile::smile:

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Adriano, this works as intended. But, is there a way to display who visited the topic in the footer section of the topic page, sort of like how 'who's online' works for the board index? Just wondering if there is the possibly of changing how the 'topic view' list is displayed.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24.09.2015 at 10:19 PM, Tripp_UK said:

I'm getting some serious Database Error messages in my SQL logs; although when I try to post them here I get this error message:

There errors I'm getting are something like this:

Thu, 24 Sep 2015 02:50:58 +0000 (Severity: 0)
(IP REMOVED) - https://domain.tld/community/topic/###-TOPIC-CENSORED/
Column 'member_id' cannot be null
INSERT INTO `topic_viewedby` ( `tid`, `member_id`, `dateview` ) VALUES ( ?, NULL, ? ) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `tid`=VALUES(`tid`), `member_id`=VALUES(`member_id`), `dateview`=VALUES(`dateview`)

This is error in the file plugins/topicviewedbyusers/hooks/1e102ce73102265ceeaddddb35f07774.php  on line 72. Exception in the "catch" section of "try-catch" construction.

To resolve this trouble find code at line 66-68:

$visit = \IPS\Db::i()->select( '*', 'topic_viewedby', array( 'member_id=? AND tid=?', \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id, \IPS\Request::i()->id ), 'id DESC' )->first();

\IPS\Db::i()->update( 'topic_viewedby', array( 'dateview' => time() ), 'id=' . $visit['id'] );

Change to

if (isset(\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id)){
									$visit = \IPS\Db::i()->select( '*', 'topic_viewedby', array( 'member_id=? AND tid=?', \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->	member_id, \IPS\Request::i()->id ), 'id DESC' )->first();

\IPS\Db::i()->update( 'topic_viewedby', array( 'dateview' => time() ), 'id=' . $visit['id'] );
								}

Actual ver. 4.1.7,  plugin ver 1.1.0 (11000)

Please fix finally following issue.

Sun, 07 Feb 2016 11:26:00 +0000 (Severity: 0)
173.245.62.238 - http://example.net/topic/example/?page=1
Column 'member_id' cannot be null
INSERT INTO `topic_viewedby` ( `tid`, `member_id`, `dateview` ) VALUES ( ?, NULL, ? ) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `tid`=VALUES(`tid`), `member_id`=VALUES(`member_id`), `dateview`=VALUES(`dateview`)
Array
(
    [0] => 13911
    [1] => 
    [2] => 1454844360
)

People with busy communities are running out of webspace because their errorlog files are exploding because of this error messages... (Just cleaned up one with a 20gb log folder !)
This error exists since the first release and was reported a while ago

23 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

People with busy communities are running out of webspace because their errorlog files are exploding because of this error messages... (Just cleaned up one with a 20gb log folder !)
This error exists since the first release and was reported a while ago

What's New in Version 1.1.1:

• Prevents GUESTS from being logged, which creates log errors.
  • Script otimization when uninstalling the plugin
12 minutes ago, Fredss said:

Any chance we can get the layout made a bit more organized, i have a large community and having to go through 100s of pages just isn't affective, maybe a list view?

It is organized... shows 3 records per line.

What you can do is make the popup bigger, by editing the template core -> global -> plugins -> whoReadTheTopic and changing from:

data-ipsDialog-size='medium'

to:

data-ipsDialog-size='wide'

or even make a better use of the settings, like log unique visit and use flood control.

• 4 months later...

fab3d6f055624c459c7d92fdabb2e1e4.png  

I am having this problem. I have tried re-installing it and deleting cache many times.
System log: 

Table 'gzworlds_ip.topic_viewedby' doesn't exist
SELECT * FROM `topic_viewedby` WHERE member_id=? AND tid=? ORDER BY id DESC
Array
(
    [0] => 1
    [1] => 594
)

| File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | /system/Db/Db.php                                                          | [IPS\Db\_Exception].__construct                                               | 388               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | /system/Db/Select.php                                                      | [IPS\_Db].preparedQuery                                                       | 346               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | /system/Db/Select.php                                                      | [IPS\Db\_Select].runQuery                                                     | 402               |
 | /system/Db/Select.php                                                      | [IPS\Db\_Select].rewind                                                       | 329               |
 | /init.php(434) : eval()'d code                                             | [IPS\Db\_Select].first                                                        | 64                |
 | /system/Dispatcher/Controller.php                                          | [IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\hook696].manage                              | 96                |
 | /system/Content/Controller.php                                             | [IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller].execute                                          | 46                |
 | /applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php                        | [IPS\Content\_Controller].execute                                             | 40                |
 | /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php                                          | [IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic].execute                              | 129               |
 | /index.php                                                                 | [IPS\_Dispatcher].run                                                         | 13                |

Howdy folks, I just took over this and a few other plugins from Adriano. He's just slammed with custom work and his own paid mods right now to have any time to deal with his free stuff (he isn't the only one by the way...)

I got the files a day or two ago and am just getting up to speed. 

There is a bug on uninstall that is probably getting resolved today (syntax error breaks uninstalling the plugin). I'm also looking at throwing in a few formatting options and bringing back the 3x series view where it was just a list of people at the bottom of the page though that is going to be down the line as I have other work that needs doing (and some personal matters) that takes precedence.

By the way, although the plugin uninstalls fine now, those of you with this already installed may have problems if, I'm guessing, you've tried uninstalling it before. If you haven't uninstalled it or tried to don't do so until you upload the new version. You should be alright then.

I'm working with GzWorld and IPS to resolve the problem if you have already tried uninstalling. 

Sorry. No real resolution if you have already tried to uninstall and ran into problems. If you tried uninstalling before upgrading to the fixed file things would appear to get really out of order somewhere in the IPS system. 

You can wipe out the traces of the plugin in a couple places in the database which will clear it out enough to not be a problem but you won't be able to upload this plugin again as it will run into conflicts still lingering in the system from the prior installation of this thing. Note you can clear *all* traces of the plugin from the database (templates, lang, settings, hooks and on and on) but there is still something somewhere that has a record of the plugin.

I doubt this plugin ever was the cause of the problem/s mentioned prior, even with the wonky uninstall routine. If your IPS installation is messed up, you're gonna have problems spilling over into other areas...

As is, I just touched up the most recent version to make the install/uninstall just a touch more robust. Confirmed working, install, uninstall on new IPS installations. Nothing more to do and as such this plugin is now locked down from here on out.

I'll be releasing what is effectively a copy of this plugin under a new name - still free - and a paid variant (cheap) with a few more template, layout, location options later on. Free version will remain unsupported, paid version will have some support. All this will be under a new support topic as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived