Random Quotes - IP.Board 4.x

-RAW-

@-RAW- Would it be possible to have permission settings on each of the quotes as we could then use this to display Special Offers to specific groups? 

Can HTML be used in the quotes to hyperlink etc?

1) Will see in a furure update.

2) Yes you can.

hi

Where do the quotes show up on site?   is it a block that we add on certain pages or something?

:rofl:

the demo only goes to a broken page   http://invisionizer.com/_demo/

We have it installed in http://www.sedonaconnect.com :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

Please refer to the IPS helpdesk's response to my ticket below:

Hello,

the problem is, that the "randomquotes" plugin includes a string with the same key (quote) as in the core. If we have 2 strings with the same key, the system won't be able to translate this.
I would suggest to remove the randomquotesplugin or to contact the author and wait for a fix.

It seems that because of your string name, the 'Quote' string which is part of the core is being blocked - and the correct translation of Quote string is not being displayed. Could you please rename the string and issue a fixed version of this plugin please?

4 hours ago, svit said:

Hi, 

Please refer to the IPS helpdesk's response to my ticket below:

Hello,

the problem is, that the "randomquotes" plugin includes a string with the same key (quote) as in the core. If we have 2 strings with the same key, the system won't be able to translate this.
I would suggest to remove the randomquotesplugin or to contact the author and wait for a fix.

It seems that because of your string name, the 'Quote' string which is part of the core is being blocked - and the correct translation of Quote string is not being displayed. Could you please rename the string and issue a fixed version of this plugin please?

Will have a fix very soon, thanks for posting this.

16 hours ago, svit said:

Hello, still the same, I have to uninstall the application if I want to see the 'Quote' word translated to other languages.

Can you email @t support@invisionizer.com with forum info and a admin account with access to translate tools ?

On October 1, 2015 at 1:07:26 AM, svit said:

Hello, still the same, I have to uninstall the application if I want to see the 'Quote' word translated to other languages.

I was able to change it on your board using the quick translate tool, from acp it did not change for some reason so IPS may wan't to look at that.

Let me know if you run into other issues :)

It is because is is allegedly clashing with your string. If I uninstall your app, the problem disappears which proves, there is something in your script, which is blocking off the translation of this particular string. Have you changed the string name already? I assume all users of your app have to be facing the same problem. I am afraid there is nothing IPS can do about this conflict ?

9 hours ago, svit said:

Have you changed the string name already?

Yes he fixed it, but you had still the old lang strings in your database. I have removed the old strings and reinstalled the new version, pls check your ticket:)

@-RAW- i hope it's ok that i downloaded your app to check the lang strings?;)

9 hours ago, svit said:

It is because is is allegedly clashing with your string. If I uninstall your app, the problem disappears which proves, there is something in your script, which is blocking off the translation of this particular string. Have you changed the string name already? I assume all users of your app have to be facing the same problem. I am afraid there is nothing IPS can do about this conflict ?

I did change the string but wasn't able to translate from acp but when translate tools enable you could from the front end.

6 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Yes he fixed it, but you had still the old lang strings in your database. I have removed the and reinstalled the new version, pls check your ticket:)

@-RAW- i hope it's ok that i downloaded your app to check the lang strings?;)

Sure Daniel, let me know if you see anything wrong.

6 minutes ago, -RAW- said:

I did change the string but wasn't able to translate from acp but when translate tools enable you could from the front end.

Sure Daniel, let me know if you see anything wrong.

To be honest, i hadn't time to check anything except the lang.xml file. I only verified that you changed the lang key

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As you may already know, I purchased the Random Quotes plugin a few weeks ago. Yesterday, I decided to modify it to fit my needs.

What I did so far:

• Change the look and feel with CSS classes and a bit of HTML.
  • Added social icons so users can share the quotes on their social networks and via email as well.
  • Added a Quotes directory which makes use of the Pages application and database(s).
  • Clicking on the name of the author will take you to the author's page in the Quotes directory.
  • Clicking on the "Random" FontAwesome symbol next to the "Random Quotes" text will load a new quote.

I do plan to edit the back end a bit (e.g. allow to add author's portrait, tags, etc.). However, this will suffice for now.

Maybe these changes will inspire the author to do the same. What do you think? :)

screenshot-random-quotes.png

random-quotes-clean-code.png

Archived