Mixed Forum Layout

Michael R

I've been messing around with my new install of 4 and thought it might be kind of cool to be able to have a mix of Grid View and Traditional List in the Forum Layout. Maybe not within a category, but I think it would be nice to be able to have one category contain a Grid View and others with a Traditional List view. Just a thought.

I'd also like to see the option to give the user of your forum the options to have their own layout.

What you can do is create a new theme based on your default theme, but then change it to the grid view :) So you have two themes, one for each of the forum views.

What you can do is create a new theme based on your default theme, but then change it to the grid view :) So you have two themes, one for each of the forum views.

So you could have say the first category include a grid view and the following categories in list mode? On the same page or after drilling down into a forum?

So you could have say the first category include a grid view and the following categories in list mode? On the same page or after drilling down into a forum?

No sorry, I was responding to Neal who wants users to be able to choose standard or grid view. It isn't possible to mix and match the two views in one theme right now.

Archived