Social Icons by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Tom Christian ignore that, download works fine but the plugin is broken as is. The install sticks on setup completed for theme resources, going back to the plugin and reloading frontpage throws error that theme may be out of date. Clear cache via support tool and no font awesome icons display, no icons display - plugin also appears to have problems with language strings.

201239582380de2211993b700da9d81c.png

Our custom theme, not showing any font awesome icons (same issue occurs on IPS default)

09dff3032be708d9f05340c7a9563092.png

On 3/26/2016 at 11:59 PM, craigf136 said:

@Tom Christian ignore that, download works fine but the plugin is broken as is. The install sticks on setup completed for theme resources, going back to the plugin and reloading frontpage throws error that theme may be out of date. Clear cache via support tool and no font awesome icons display, no icons display - plugin also appears to have problems with language strings.

201239582380de2211993b700da9d81c.png

Our custom theme, not showing any font awesome icons (same issue occurs on IPS default)

09dff3032be708d9f05340c7a9563092.png

Weird. I'll pull this version for now until I can get it completely stable.

@Tom Christian: The titles have gone all weird again since upgrading to 4.1.9, I haven't upgraded that site to 1.10 yet but there's something causing this. I'm not saying it's the plugin but would appreciate any advice on how to get it right.

Last time it suddenly started working as intended.

It's been two days so far and nothing, I'm considering reinstalling it.

12 hours ago, Joey_M said:

@Tom Christian: The titles have gone all weird again since upgrading to 4.1.9, I haven't upgraded that site to 1.10 yet but there's something causing this. I'm not saying it's the plugin but would appreciate any advice on how to get it right.

Last time it suddenly started working as intended.

It's been two days so far and nothing, I'm considering reinstalling it.

Looks like the last few versions have introduced a lot of issues with themes/plugins which is a shame. Try running the support tool maybe? This will flush out any caching issues which I suspect might be the cause.

It must be theme related, as the default it appears fine but not in the skin I use for the site (luminous). I tried clearing the cache but no difference, I'll try what I did last time and see if I can get the proper titles back.

Thanks for the suggestion.

10 hours ago, Joey_M said:

It must be theme related, as the default it appears fine but not in the skin I use for the site (luminous). I tried clearing the cache but no difference, I'll try what I did last time and see if I can get the proper titles back.

Thanks for the suggestion.

It could be an issue with the exported skin file. There's currently a major bug in 4.1.10 with theme background image settings not working apparently due to the exported file...Complete guess but it might possibly be related!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Markus Jung said:

Any plans to show the social icons also on mobile devices? - For example in the header or in the footer? - Or is this already possible and I missed a setting?

The footer locations should work. Where else would would you envisage the icons appearing on mobile?

Yes, footer works, thank you. But now on desktop there is a duplicate - breadcrump and footer (I would like to have breadcrump on desktop, to show at he top of the site). Is it possible to show in footer on mobile devices only? - And left of the header in mobile view would be great (but white icons instead of the black ones in other positions would be needed).

Footer desktop:

Bildschirm 61.jpg

Header position mobile:

5720a47e8185e_socialiconsmobile.thumb.jp

• 5 weeks later...

I've just purchased, and set it up in admin but can't get it to show on my site, any ideas? Do I have to enter a license key? (wasn't emailed one)

I also had a 500 error crop up, so I have removed it now if this is the likely cause?

1 hour ago, marklcfc said:

I've just purchased, and set it up in admin but can't get it to show on my site, any ideas? Do I have to enter a license key? (wasn't emailed one)

I also had a 500 error crop up, so I have removed it now if this is the likely cause?

Yes, this plugin is broken with IPS 4.1.13 due to a bug in the core software. Unfortunately, that is out of my control. Hang tight until 4.1.14 which I guess will be released fairly soon ^_^

11 hours ago, MascotInsider said:

This is an awesome plug in and I enjoy it very much. While I'd love to wait for that release I just fallowed this report that was linked to yours and it works prefect again! 

You and other users can edit your templates if you wish. It's a temporary solution ^_^ 

• 1 month later...

Archived