Social Icons by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

Hey Tom, it was in the IPS plugins folder but as it was uploaded by root rather than user, it did not recogonise the files as a result (my ips install is in the root directory rather than a sub directory).

All resolved though, thank you for the assistance, I realised it was uploaded as root after posting and uploading as user resolves.

1a816f38a07f2728bd909d81bab9e026.png

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, craigf136 said:

Hey Tom, it was in the IPS plugins folder but as it was uploaded by root rather than user, it did not recogonise the files as a result (my ips install is in the root directory rather than a sub directory).

All resolved though, thank you for the assistance, I realised it was uploaded as root after posting and uploading as user resolves.

1a816f38a07f2728bd909d81bab9e026.png

Good to hear :)

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Tracy Perry said:

When I chose the Google+ option I get this shown on the dropdown

562331a5b694a_ScreenShot2015-10-18at12.4

Due to a language issue?

EDIT:

Yep, it's due to a language issue:

562333fb77b9d_ScreenShot2015-10-18at12.5

Are you not able to edit the language bit? Admittedly, that particular one should be filled in but I did leave a lot of the icon descriptions blank on purpose so that users could customize them on their own.

4 hours ago, Tom Christian said:

Are you not able to edit the language bit? Admittedly, that particular one should be filled in but I did leave a lot of the icon descriptions blank on purpose so that users could customize them on their own.

Yep (which should stand to reason since I showed the phrase), but didn't see any info that custom phrase edits would be required to do - since the others were all phrased out.  Main reason for posting the edit was in case others have the same issue they would have a resolution since I could find no documentation clarifying that some of them were not fully (correctly) phrased.  Instead of using "blank", something like "modify phrase to customize" or to that effect would have been instructional.

12 hours ago, Humanastorian said:

answered my own question; its a language issue

Hello,

The poster before you actually asked this exact question if you take a look. The answer is that the "blank" language bits are supposed to be configurable by you. I can see I haven't made this clear so I'll look into addressing that. Let me know if you're not sure how to edit language strings in IPS4.

On a slightly different note, I'm a little disapointed you left a negative review based upon support times. Your first post was 19 hours ago. Considering, I'm based in the UK and it's now the weekend, the very fact I'm replying right now to me would indicate the very opposite of bad support.

Thanks,

Tom.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2015‎ ‎5‎:‎26‎:‎56‎, Tom Christian said:

Hello,

The poster before you actually asked this exact question if you take a look. The answer is that the "blank" language bits are supposed to be configurable by you. I can see I haven't made this clear so I'll look into addressing that. Let me know if you're not sure how to edit language strings in IPS4.

Yeah I figured that one out as I perused through it; it was quite informative.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2015‎ ‎5‎:‎26‎:‎56‎, Tom Christian said:

On a slightly different note, I'm a little disapointed you left a negative review based upon support times. Your first post was 19 hours ago. Considering, I'm based in the UK and it's now the weekend, the very fact I'm replying right now to me would indicate the very opposite of bad support.

Yeah I'll have to address the three star rating,

On a further side note; - to publically announce disconcerted views on one's review instead of contacting that person directly (where it should be done, as it is their thought) in order to get attention drawn to the review is not very professional, in my hayward opinion.  either way, I was actually in the process of changing that rating when I found this thread and my question answered via 'older post' alas, I must keep it three as it can only be changed by moderation (I am waiting for feedback on the, now escalated situation.) I would like to change it to 4, because of the explanation, minus 1 star for the unprofessionalism involved because of a critique, of a purchased product.

Kind Regards,

Humanastory.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2015 at 11:42 PM, Humanastorian said:

Any update on that release Mr. @Tom Christian,

I don't think we have a choice in the matter, it's been 3-4 months since a response has been given, disabling product until Mr. @Tom Christian is able to support the product. We are heading into the new year with no responses, it is originally why 3 stars was given. his products are great, but the support is sluggish. @Tom Christian, you do make exceptional products. I hope to see a new revision by the new year or at least an update as to when so we don't have to keep pestering for results.

Kind Regards,

(Humanastory)

I also have the breadcrumb/navigation icons not showing. As well as the G+ 'blank' tooltip.

On 12/14/2015 at 6:05 PM, abetts said:

Tom, can the actual images be served over https? It's giving an 'insecure content' warning on my secure pages. Thanks.

Icons are served via your server (font/css if I'm not mistaken), so this won't cause that warning. My site runs SSL with these and have no such issue. Do a "View Page Source" then search for "http:" to find your culprit.

On 12/14/2015 at 11:05 PM, abetts said:

Tom, can the actual images be served over https? It's giving an 'insecure content' warning on my secure pages. Thanks.

As @d2dyno says, this plugin doesn't add any external assets so it sounds like the issue is coming from elsewhere.

On 12/17/2015 at 3:05 AM, d2dyno said:

I also have the breadcrumb/navigation icons not showing. As well as the G+ 'blank' tooltip.

Icons are served via your server (font/css if I'm not mistaken), so this won't cause that warning. My site runs SSL with these and have no such issue. Do a "View Page Source" then search for "http:" to find your culprit.

I plan on upgrading this plugin during the week. Keep an eye out :)

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2015 at 0:00 PM, Tom Christian said:

Apologies for the delay. I will be updating all of my plugins over the coming weeks before Christmas. From what I've seen, this plugin remains functional except for the Navigation & Breadcrumb display options which require updates.

Thank you for getting back with us, I know its been some time and the holidays are insane, - thanks for the update. Looking forward to the wonderful update on this. as it is extremely helpful to the sites.

Archived