Category Tabs by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just purchase this wonderful product i want to suggest a thing, can there be an option to make a default tabs?

I have a gaming server that has 2 different server and then i have 2 tabs.

Can there be an option when registering? and then the option will be there?

Question can be modified such as? What server are you?, What forum do you want to or stuff,

I just purchase this wonderful product i want to suggest a thing, can there be an option to make a default tabs?

I have a gaming server that has 2 different server and then i have 2 tabs.

Can there be an option when registering? and then the option will be there?

Question can be modified such as? What server are you?, What forum do you want to or stuff,

Nice idea, I'll keep it mind. I'm not sure how it would work via registration, I'd need to look into that.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to add a feature for it to being optional for users?

For example, adding an option in users profile that would allow them to change between forum view modes (including categories, or viewing them all).

It's possible but not something I want to add to be honest. My intention is to keep this plugin as minimal as possible. Sorry :(

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DealTrakr said:

Hey Tom, purchased the old version, do i need to pay again, any discounts? Also is this working with 4.1.2 please? Thanks.

If by old version you mean the version for IPB3 then yes as this is a complete re-build from scratch and sold as a separate product. It's untested with 4.1 as my theme upgrades are in progress at the moment I'm afraid. I'll test it for you tomorrow on 4.1 and let you know. (it 99.9% will work fine as AFAIK nothing changed between 4.0 -> 4.1 in areas that this plugin uses :) )

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Adam Metzler said:

Love the plugin, the only thing I'm wondering if it would be possible is to nest multiple categories under each tab or if I'm just not setting it properly. Just looking for something like under Tab 1 is category 1, 2, and 3, under Tab 2 is category 4, 5, and 6 and so on. Thanks!

I'm afraid the functionality you describe doesn't exist and would be far too complex for such a small & simple plugin like this. Apologies!

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Adam Metzler said:

Thanks and no problem. Just curious but if I were able to pay for something like this would it be possible and would you have a ballpark cost idea?

Unfortunately, I don't offer custom services for IPS. Either way, it's not a simple change and would require possibly a few days of work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
14 hours ago, SammyS said:

Very interesting

Does it work with 4.1.10? are you going to keep it updated for future releases? can you provide us of a live demo? (may be can you show us a client´s forum who uses it)

Yes it works with 4.1.10 and it will be kept up to date with future releases of IPS Suite 4 ^_^

Check out my demo site. Login with user/pw: plugindemo / plugindemo

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SammyS said:

How many tabs can you create? all examples shows 3 tabs, I would add 3 or 4

BTW: sorry for my ignorance, but is there any possibility this plugin has any effect on forum SEO?

The tabs are automatically created based upon your forum categories.

No SEO impact. The plugin uses CSS to hide the inactive categories which means the underlying content is still crawlable by search engines.

@Tom Christian Awesome plugin! :thx:

But I desperately need 2 separated groups of tabs simultaneously. My community has 8 categories & 2 high right-side widgets: Recent Topics/Posts & Popular Contributors. Both widgets must remain right-sided for several reasons. When category tabs are activated main part of the site becomes very compact and result is ugly :D So I need utilize twice as many space than occupied by the only group. Could you add such such ability? :oops:

BTW it was a months until I realized how tabs look like. I thought they provide Metro interface that you used in plugin description :D

Archived