Social Stream

6 hours ago, Joel R said:

Confirmed v5.1 breaks Notification, Messenger, Reported Content dropdowns.  

I've uninstalled for the time being.  

User Bar.JPG

Thank you @Joel R for your assistance in troubleshooting this issue.

This turned out to be an IPS issue related to parsing FURL definitions. A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace and the issue has been reported to IPS.

2 minutes ago, HeadStand said:

Thank you @Joel R for your assistance in troubleshooting this issue.

This turned out to be an IPS issue related to parsing FURL definitions. A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace and the issue has been reported to IPS.

So, shall we update to the new version? Or wait for IPS to fix the issue related to FURLs?

Hello 

Love the App but I have aproblem that it causes an error with the notifications and the mail icon. When I try to see my notifications or private messages I just get a spinning icon and no information.

I contacted support and they sent me this;-

Hello

The problem is caused by the Social Stream application which is adding invalid entries into the search index. Please contact the application author for assistance or uninstall the application. Disabling the application is not sufficient as disabling does not remove entries from the search index.

Please let us know if we can be any further assistance 

Kind Regards

Andrew Millne
Invision Power Services Inc.

please let me know what to do.

Thanks

1 hour ago, CherryGirl69 said:

Hello 

Love the App but I have aproblem that it causes an error with the notifications and the mail icon. When I try to see my notifications or private messages I just get a spinning icon and no information.

I contacted support and they sent me this;-

Hello

The problem is caused by the Social Stream application which is adding invalid entries into the search index. Please contact the application author for assistance or uninstall the application. Disabling the application is not sufficient as disabling does not remove entries from the search index.

Please let us know if we can be any further assistance 

Kind Regards

Andrew Millne
Invision Power Services Inc.

please let me know what to do.

Thanks

Read the post above yours.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, MarianHärtel said:

I am new to IPB, so maybe my question is really dumb, but what is the difference to "All Activity"-Link already built in?

I use Social Stream by @HeadStand and hers is much more powerful since users  can post and reply.  Hers also includes a block that you can place anywhere you want, which is very useful if you want to build a homepage or a dashboard for users.  

The IPS activity streams are more powerful with the filtering criteria but they create stream pages with no interactivity.  There is also no block, so you must view the stream on it's own page.  

Social stream is a great app and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a more interactive stream.  

Edited by Joel R
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Super, thanks, Esther :smile:

I used to use this app on IPB 3.3.4 and have recently , albeit belatedly (!), upgraded to 4.3.4. Whilst IPB 4 has tons of options for creating activity streams (which is great), I can't exclude a particular forum (stuffed with RSS feed imports, set to no replies) from "All Activity", so that particular forum tends to swamp "All Activity". Also, my members will be more familiar with your app than with what might be considered by some not-so-forum-savvy people as a rather complicated IPS "Activity" in general.

So I'm off to buy Social Streams now :smile:

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, colind525 said:

Question: how recent of activity does it show? I have a newer site, so it being limited to just a day or so is a bit restrictive for this to be an effective tool for me. Can it be extended to older activity?

Activity shows up immediately and will be retained for as long as you want. There is a setting to determine how long to keep the data, so you can have it cleaned out after 30 days, 60 days, 1 year, whatever. 

The tool will only start showing activity that occurs after installation. It's not going to pick up topics from a year ago (for example).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...