Social Stream

• 3 months later...

Getting the error below when attempting to Edit/Save Feed Actions:

UPDATE feed_actions feed_actions SET action_feed_action_enabled=true,action_feed_action_title='New Topics',action_feed_global=true,action_feed_use_perms=true,action_feed_enable_comments=true,action_feed_include_all=true,action_feed_exclude_nodes=NULL,action_bitoptions=NULL WHERE action_type_id=0 IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'action_feed_action_enabled' in 'field list' (1054)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@HeadStand I recently reactivated this on my IPS community.  The feed itself displays correctly on my homepage, however, I think there are some system errors for pages_widgets" OutofRangeException

OutOfRangeException::0

#0 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(1231): IPS\_Widget::load(Object(IPS\feed\Application), 'feed', '6n8ok1qmc', Array, NULL, 'horizontal')
#1 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2104): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->getWidgets()
#2 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(72): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output()
#3 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(44): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->view()
#4 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->manage()
#5 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#7 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Running IPS v4.1.15.

12 hours ago, Joel R said:

@HeadStand I recently reactivated this on my IPS community.  The feed itself displays correctly on my homepage, however, I think there are some system errors for pages_widgets" OutofRangeException

OutOfRangeException::0

#0 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(1231): IPS\_Widget::load(Object(IPS\feed\Application), 'feed', '6n8ok1qmc', Array, NULL, 'horizontal')
#1 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2104): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->getWidgets()
#2 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(72): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output()
#3 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(44): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->view()
#4 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->manage()
#5 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#7 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Running IPS v4.1.15.

Thanks for posting. I will look into this, but given the approaching Jewish holiday (Sunday evening - Tuesday evening), it may not be until end of next week.

I should also add I don't see any errors in the log. It's like it's not even checking if there is new content. All the permissions appear to be correct. 

Edit: I created a new board shortly after installing this mod. For some reason posts on the new board show up, but posts from all other existing boards don't show up. Any ideas? 

Edited by ProSkill
On 10/24/2016 at 2:50 AM, ProSkill said:

I should also add I don't see any errors in the log. It's like it's not even checking if there is new content. All the permissions appear to be correct. 

Edit: I created a new board shortly after installing this mod. For some reason posts on the new board show up, but posts from all other existing boards don't show up. Any ideas? 

This mod does not pick up existing posts. It will start picking up activity that is created after installation. Have you tried posting since you installed it?

50 minutes ago, HeadStand said:

This mod does not pick up existing posts. It will start picking up activity that is created after installation. Have you tried posting since you installed it?

"I added the widget and it just says there is no activity to display even though there are new post". Yes. 

Just now, ProSkill said:

No. Hence my post for support. 

You said the widget. There is a widget and there is a page, I'm just clarifying if you were talking about one or both.

I'm also confused by the following statement:

On 10/24/2016 at 2:50 AM, ProSkill said:

So you created a brand new SITE and it's working on the other site? Just not the original one? "all other existing boards" - how many sites do you have?

5 minutes ago, HeadStand said:

You said the widget. There is a widget and there is a page, I'm just clarifying if you were talking about one or both.

I'm also confused by the following statement:

So you created a brand new SITE and it's working on the other site? Just not the original one? "all other existing boards" - how many sites do you have?

I am referring to "forums" on the same site. Other vendors some times call them "boards". 

Edited by ProSkill
Just now, ProSkill said:

I am referring to "forums" on the same site. Other vendors some times call them "boards". 

OK. So we have new forums that work and existing forums that don't. Now we're talking. Sounds to me like something is just not configured correctly. Off the top of my head, the following are some educated guesses:

1. Is this a permissions issue? For example, are you viewing this as a guest, but the forums are not visible? You can also try disabling the "Honor Permissions" setting. To do this, login to the ACP, go to Community -> Social Stream -> Feed Actions. Click the edit icon next to "New Topics"
  2. Did you accidentally exclude the existing forums? You can check this by going to the same screen (Community -> Social Stream -> Feed Actions -> New Topic -> edit) and checking the "Excluded Nodes" field. If there are any forums listed there, these will be ignored by the mod.

If neither of the above are the answer, I will need ACP credentials in order to troubleshoot this on your site directly. You can PM me with this information.

1. It doesn't matter if I view as a guest or as an Administrator still nothing shows up. 

2. There were no excluded forums. However, when I enabled the option to exclude forums, but didn't actually select any I got this error: 

UPDATE `feed_actions` feed_actions  SET `action_enabled`=true,`action_enable_comments`=true,`action_bitoptions`=3 WHERE action_type_id=1 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'action_enable_comments' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/admin/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(870): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('UPDATE `feed_ac...', Array)
#1 /home/admin/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(489): IPS\_Db->update('feed_actions', Array, Array)
#2 /home/admin/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2014): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/admin/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2653): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /home/admin/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(383): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#5 [internal function]: IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#6 /home/admin/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#7 /home/admin/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/admin/public_html/applications/feed/modules/admin/feed/actions.php(31): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/admin/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\feed\modules\admin\feed\_actions->execute()
#10 /home/admin/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

Edit: I get the same error when I attempt to disable "honor permissions" 

Edited by ProSkill
On 10/31/2016 at 7:56 PM, ProSkill said:

Any updates on this?

You tell me. In my previous post I said that if that doesn't work, I will need to troubleshoot on your system and I asked for a PM with credentials . I have not received anything from you. 

Since I can't reproduce the error, and no one else is reporting this problem, there isn't much I can do for you without access to your site.

Edited by HeadStand