Social Stream

No offense, but I can't see the usefulness in that. Why would a template change make it a "drop in replacement"? 

no offence taken, simple answer is the vnc format/layout is better suited imo for navigation/ease of use 

as the current speed of vnc makes it unusable for myself and maybe others then there might be a market for something that does a similar job and looks similar to vnc and also with the bonus of live stream - eg  an alternative to vnc

just a suggestions

1.  Horizontally-smushed avatars

Avatars.thumb.PNG.40c1668d716157d446f5af

2.  Application shows in nav bar even though setting in ACP is to not show

nav_bar.thumb.PNG.d42831b8c27b4c926d2c1f

acp_permissions.thumb.PNG.fbab8fc6bf7b0d

3.  Feed Actions don't save.

For example, I try to disable New Images so the flood of gallery images don't take up the entire Social Stream.  As soon as I refresh the Action Types page, it shows enabled again.  

IPS 4.0.11 (although the problem existed on 4.0.10+ series)

Edited by Joel R

hi again

any word on a eta for the pages etc

dont want to push but below was said a month ago 

Coming VERY soon:

• Support for Pages Databases (and comments)
  • Support for Reviews
  • Integration with Reputation

a up to date eta be very much appreciated :thumbsup:

Edited by sound

hi again

any word on a eta for the pages etc

dont want to push but below was said a month ago 

a up to date eta be very much appreciated :thumbsup:

No ETA. Paid custom work has to take precedence, and for personal reasons I have almost no free time at the moment. Could be another month at least. :(

ouch

are you serious ?

that quote was one of the reasons why I paid $40

i have already paid you for work  - i paid you for a full product not to wait around a couple of months when you go and do some other work

the quote was a reason why i bought it

refund policy ?

Edited by sound

@Joel R (for some reason the editor hangs when I try to quote your post)

I can't reproduce the first issue in my environment.

The other 2 issues have been fixed in the latest file uploaded to the Marketplace.

Thanks!

Suggestion: group color on usernames 

Oh, the group coloring is available in the actual Social Stream but not on the widget.  

Not a support question - but I am really interested in this plugin (especially when it has support for Pages databases) and I was wondering if there a demo available? Or maybe someone can link me a site where this plugin is being used on? Thanks! :)

Edited by simonle

I'm a potential customer! :lol:

1. Are we able to select which content is pulled from or does it pull from everything?

2. I read it comes with a widget. Can we make multiple, independent widgets that pull different content?

@HeadStand can provide her official answers but based upon my understanding and use:

1. Right now, you can choose types of content (eg. Gallery images, Gallery posts, Blog posts, Blog comments) but you can't choose from what categories inside each content type.  She might be including categories and further filtering in future releases.

2. Right now, its only one widget that gets filtered the same way as per your settings in the ACP.  Theres no filter setting per widget although that's a great suggestion 

@HeadStand can provide her official answers but based upon my understanding and use:

1. Right now, you can choose types of content (eg. Gallery images, Gallery posts, Blog posts, Blog comments) but you can't choose from what categories inside each content type.  She might be including categories and further filtering in future releases.

2. Right now, its only one widget that gets filtered the same way as per your settings in the ACP.  Theres no filter setting per widget although that's a great suggestion 

Thanks for the reply! :lol:

1. Great we can choose content type. I assume that the feeds are based on the user permissions, so if that is the case, then that's ok too. Though, able to choose categories within content type is a great idea!

2. Ah ok. How great would it be to have multiple widgets. :smile:

I'm a potential customer! :lol:

1. Are we able to select which content is pulled from or does it pull from everything?

2. I read it comes with a widget. Can we make multiple, independent widgets that pull different content?

Both of these are excellent suggestions and should be relatively easy to implement. I will try to get it done this week, but no guarantees (I have absolutely no control over my own schedule at the moment).

Both of these are excellent suggestions and should be relatively easy to implement. I will try to get it done this week, but no guarantees (I have absolutely no control over my own schedule at the moment).

Ah faaaaaantastic! I'm looking forward to these features. :thumbsup:

In the meantime, you've just earned yourself a new customer! :lol:

I changed all reference to "Social Streams" to "Feeds". It just made more sense for my needs. :lol:

I also noticed that the side menu only appears when there are new streams. To keep the widget block displayed I added an "else" like so:

<h3 class="ipsType_reset ipsWidget_title">{{if $title}}{$title}{{else}}{lang="__app_feed"}{{endif}}</h3>
<div class="ipsPad_half ipsWidget_inner">
  {{if is_array($feedItems) && count($feedItems)}}
    <ul class="ipsDataList ipsDataList_reducedSpacing">
        {{foreach $feedItems as $item}}
            {template="feedItem" group="widgets" app="feed" params="$item"}
        {{endforeach}}
    </ul>
  {{else}}
    <p class="feeds-p">There are no new feeds</p>
  {{endif}}
</div>

:smile:

Is there a "mark as read" option, so that when a feed has been read the user can choose to remove it?

A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace. Changes include:

• Support for Pages - Database records and record comments are now logged to the stream. Users can comment on records directly from the Stream.
  • Widget can now be filtered by one or more action types
  • Widget can now be filtered by members you are following
  • Widget now includes group colors for member names
  • Widget did not display if there was no activity. Fixed. (Now shows a "there is no recent activity" message)
  • The following action types now allow for exclusion of specific nodes: New Topics, New Blog Entries, New Images, New Events, New Files

@GrooveOnBeat I was unable to reproduce the last issue you posted (the hover issue in the sidebar). Please install the latest version and let me know if the problem persists.