Social Stream

This application is a replacement for the Super News Feed (https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/3608-super-news-feed/).

It provides a social stream for the suite, complete with images/screenshots, inline commenting, and automatic refresh.

Includes a widget that can be displayed on any page of the site.

Currently supported:

• New Topics
  • New Blog Entries
  • New Blog Comments
  • New Files
  • New File Comments
  • New Gallery Images
  • New Image Comments
  • New Calendar Events
  • New Event Comments

Coming VERY soon:

• Support for Pages Databases (and comments)
  • Support for Reviews
  • Integration with Reputation

Hi,

On my current 3.x implementation the news feed does not show up on the mobile skin.

Will this new news stream show up ok for mobile users on an IPS4 responsive skin?

Secondly will I be correct in assuming I can have this set as the default app loaded when someone vists the homepage?

Many thanks,

Hi,

On my current 3.x implementation the news feed does not show up on the mobile skin.

Will this new news stream show up ok for mobile users on an IPS4 responsive skin?

Secondly will I be correct in assuming I can have this set as the default app loaded when someone vists the homepage?

Many thanks,

Yes and yes.

Hi,

Any timeframe on when RSS will be supported?

This is the only thing now holding us back from buying it as we need to be able to rss out all the stream updates to our social accounts.

Thanks again.

No timeframe. It's actually on the lower end of my priority list right now, I have a lot of other things for this mod that need to be supported first.

Minor, but helpful suggestions:

1) Action Types - Default Name: I encourage you to leave the default name when someone tries to Edit.  Otherwise, if they save without doing anything, ti wipes out the name because the default is blank!  

2) Action Types - Sorting: Can you provide categories for groups of action types related to Board, Pages, Downloads, Gallery, etc?  Otherwise, they're all kind of jumbled together.  Reordering would be nice too.  

3) Can you provide info for Retention Period?  

I've installed and added the block to my homepage, but it doesn't appear once I save the page.  Can you advise?  

I can provide AdminCP access via PM

Editing Page.PNG

Minor, but helpful suggestions:

1) Action Types - Default Name: I encourage you to leave the default name when someone tries to Edit.  Otherwise, if they save without doing anything, ti wipes out the name because the default is blank!  

2) Action Types - Sorting: Can you provide categories for groups of action types related to Board, Pages, Downloads, Gallery, etc?  Otherwise, they're all kind of jumbled together.  Reordering would be nice too.  

3) Can you provide info for Retention Period?  

I've installed and added the block to my homepage, but it doesn't appear once I save the page.  Can you advise?  

I can provide AdminCP access via PM

Editing Page.PNG

1) I fixed this locally yesterday, just never had a chance to upload the new file. Will do so in a few minutes.

2) Grouping - mmmm. Maybe. Sorting - sure.

New version uploaded to the Marketplace. Changes include:

• When editing action types, the default title was blank. Fixed.
  • When disabling the side menu, JavaScript was broken on the page. Fixed.

Minor, but helpful suggestions (part two):

1) Feed Action for New Albums vs New Images - I don't know if this is possible since you mimic the VNC, but it would be nice if there was a feed action for Albums.  The reason why I ask is that one upload of, for example, 200 images to an album floods the stream with individual images.  I've had to disable the New Images feed action.

2) Feed Action for Recurring Calendar Events - I have calendar events that are recurring on a weekly basis.  It seems like you only offer feed actions for newly-created calendar events.   It would make sense for recurring calendar events to appear in the stream when the time is appropriate.  

- And as an advanced note, I'm not sure how you would make events appear in the stream. Would they be pinned for the duration of the event?  Would they be posted at the beginning of the event and then pushed down as more actions take place?  They're both valid strategies.    

3) Categories to choose from - For each feed action, it would be nice if I could define from what categories the feed would generate. For example, the forum feed action would pull from Introductions, Announcements, but not from Off Topic.  

4) Advanced Styling per Feed Action - This is still sort of a hazy idea on my part, but it would be nice if you could offer advanced styling and color options for certain feed actions to make them appear different ... by adding a custom icon or photo, different styling of text or adding prefixes / tags, a different color background, etc.  For example, maybe I'd like to highlight forum feed actions from the Announcements board since they contain important updates.

Hi @HeadStand

I had this for version 3 and I am seriously considering purchasing it for version 4 however Im hesitant at the moment with the Future Development of Invision stating the following;

• Content discovery
    • Search system overhaul
    • View new content improvements
    • Activity stream improvements
    • Improvements to the followed content section to make it more useful

Do we know if this is likely to be the same thing or similar? Appreciate that it's IPS but not sure if you have had discussions with them prior to writing the mod to ensure that it would be worth your while etc?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @HeadStand

I had this for version 3 and I am seriously considering purchasing it for version 4 however Im hesitant at the moment with the Future Development of Invision stating the following;

Do we know if this is likely to be the same thing or similar? Appreciate that it's IPS but not sure if you have had discussions with them prior to writing the mod to ensure that it would be worth your while etc?

Thanks in advance.

If I knew the answer to that question, I wouldn't be permitted to answer it. NDA in place.....

Seems to be a problem with permissions. Users who have not got access to a forum and cannot see the topics can still see the topic titles come up in the widget. Quite a big problem if the topic titles are also sensitive such as my staff area.

Have removed for the time being. Its a bigger issue than I thought as its showing the content of these posts in the main feed.

Seems to be a problem with permissions. Users who have not got access to a forum and cannot see the topics can still see the topic titles come up in the widget. Quite a big problem if the topic titles are also sensitive such as my staff area.

Have removed for the time being. Its a bigger issue than I thought as its showing the content of these posts in the main feed.

That's odd. I will double-check that first thing tomorrow morning.

A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace. It contains a fix for this issue.