Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

Maybe another bug.

Version: 3.0.5

Prefix does not show in title.

I re-added the forum prefixes in settings. I also used "fix it" and rebuild cache with no luck.

I've a blank page when I want to create a new topic with 3.0.5

I haven't experienced a blank page. :unsure:

Edited by GrooveOnBeat

I haven't experienced a blank page. :unsure:

Hum, you're lucky :P  Here the error : Fatal error: Call to a member function prefix() on null in /home/lesangesn/forum_anges/init.php(431) : eval()'d code on line 67

Edited by Jujuwar

@Jujuwar @NathanR upgrade to 3.0.6. Should fix your issue. Apologies for that.

@GrooveOnBeat I can't reproduce your issue with prefix not showing in title. Works fine for me. Are you sure you have that enabled in settings?

@David T. Cole That should be fixed in the last release. Please upgrade. Let me know if it continues.

@Joel R I don't have much to go on, but I can assure you the app does not modify that file. Try 3.0.6, it could be related. If not, try to track down your PHP error logs for me.

What's New in Version 3.0.6

• Fixed PHP error when creating a new topic.
  • Fixed a potentially missing tag input in certain circumstances.
Edited by Ryan H.

@GrooveOnBeat I can't reproduce your issue with prefix not showing in title. Works fine for me. Are you sure you have that enabled in settings?

It occurs if tagging mode in System -> Setings -> Posting -> Tags is set to "Closed". When it's set to "Open it works.

Open: Users can use whatever tags they like <- Works.
Closed: Users must choose from a specified set of tags <- When set to "Closed" tags don't show or keep its setting in posts.

Edited by GrooveOnBeat

I created a new prefix called TEST which was highlighted red with white text. There was nothing else similar in either Tags or Prefixes.

I assigned it to a Saved Action, did the action, and it is still displaying it as an IPS maroon tag rather than formatted.

Hi Ryan, just to let you know I'm still experiencing these issues. I can't seem to be able to use the saved actions with your prefixes.

Edit - I also uninstalled + reinstalled the mod, and all my prefixes are gone once again. (Severely missing the Disable mode from IPS 3 :P

Edited by SiLink

Hi Ryan, just to let you know I'm still experiencing these issues. I can't seem to be able to use the saved actions with your prefixes.

Edit - I also uninstalled + reinstalled the mod, and all my prefixes are gone once again. (Severely missing the Disable mode from IPS 3 :P

Haven't gotten to you yet, I'll try to do that tomorrow. Wanted to get that other issue fixed quickly, but time is limited with the holiday.

FWIW, I think they added the disable mode back in with 4.0.9. Also, try running the fix tool to restore the prefixes.

Haven't gotten to you yet, I'll try to do that tomorrow. Wanted to get that other issue fixed quickly, but time is limited with the holiday.

FWIW, I think they added the disable mode back in with 4.0.9. Also, try running the fix tool to restore the prefixes.

I thought so too, but I'm on 4.0.9.2 and it's not there :P the repair worked, thanks. No rush on the fix for the saved actions :) 

Found a prefix bug in 3.0.6 (30006):

• Create a post, give it a prefix
  • Edit that post
  • Prefix has disappeared

On edit, the original prefix is still in the populated editor dropdown but doesn't seem to save. When I go back to edit again (2nd time after the prefix has disappeared) the dropdown is showing no prefix. If this is related to open/close settings etc LMK and I can get you those.

Edited by David T. Cole

Reporting a Bug:

When choosing a default prefix, there's no option to select whatever is the first prefix in the allowed list (and yes, I did already click Save to refresh the list of available prefixes).  See screenshot.

Default Prefix 2.png

I remember coming across this, and I'm not 100% sure if it was related to the bug I posted before, where if there was only 1 prefix it did not show while posting. In your case, if you add 2 prefixes or more in the forum setting are you able to select a default prefix?

Question - when using the Saved Action on the selected topics to add a tag does any one know if this is smart enough to prevent duplicates (i haven't tried yet )

I'm not sure if the tool will purposely check for a duplicate, but in general I don't think the mod does.  The reason why is that I've batch modified tags, and that sometimes creates duplicate tags.  

@Ryan H. First I want to thank you for this wonderful piece of software!

But I have 2 little issues.

1) I have several forums with a closed tag system and wanted to force users setting up at least one tag. But there is only the possibility to make this requirement entirely for all forums. Is it possible to add a "require" toggle within the single forum settings like it is always available for prefixes? 

2) Not sure if its related to ips or to this addon, nevertheless I ask you first ... I wanted to use the "copy value" feature of defined tags. Everything seems to be ok but after checking the target no data is copied. 

1) I have several forums with a closed tag system and wanted to force users setting up at least one tag. But there is only the possibility to make this requirement entirely for all forums. Is it possible to add a "require" toggle within the single forum settings like it is always available for prefixes? 

You want to add min/max tags settings per forum? That's a fine idea, I think someone else has brought that up too. There's a wrinkle that I haven't thought through yet, though. As far as IPS is concerned, the prefix is a tag. That means if you're requiring two tags, they can enter two tags, or one tag and a prefix, and that fills the requirement. It makes for a hairy situation.

2) Not sure if its related to ips or to this addon, nevertheless I ask you first ... I wanted to use the "copy value" feature of defined tags. Everything seems to be ok but after checking the target no data is copied. 

Not sure. I'll investigate when I have time.

Thanks Ryan, for looking at that. 

One suggestion that would really help. 

If I have a forum that is about <topic>, and I wish to merge all the contents of that forum in to another forum. It's so much faster to move/delete the forum then it is to paginate thru the forum moving pages of posts.

If you could add a feature when you delete/move, merge a forum add a tag / prefix (ad hoc) at that time since is typically a one time thing. 

I was merging a few forums and wanted to tag the posts as to where they 'originally' were but had to go thru a process of adding a Saved Action page thru the forum setting the tag, then did a merge. then remove the Saved Action.

Thanks for your fast reply Ryan. I can follow your thoughts ... it´s really a hairy situation, indeed. 

Following situation:

At the weekend I converted my vbuleltin board to ips4. Because of the limitations (of the official converter tool) I wasn´t able to convert all of my vbulletin prefixes. This is why I used an own written script beforehand to convert all prefixes to tags.

https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/409717-converters-migrating-vbulletin-thread-prefixes/?do=findComment&comment=2538474

Afterwards the converter was able to handle these information. 

Do you think it´s possible to convert my existing tags to prefixes? If that is the case I can do without min/max tags settings per forum.