Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

On 7/12/2016 at 8:59 AM, Gabriel Torres said:

Hi. After upgrading to 3.1.7, there is a space missing between the prefix and the topic title in the "topic feed" block on our sidebar. This is very minor, but with the previous version this didn't happen. See screenshot. Thank you in advance.

adv-prefixes-sidebar.png

ACP > Customization > Appearance > Themes > Edit HTML & CSS (default theme)
Templates > forums > front > widgets > topicFeed

Find:

<a href="{$topic->url()->setQueryString( 'do', 'getNewComment' )}" title='{lang="view_this_topic" sprintf="$topic->title"}' class='ipsDataItem_title'>{$topic->title}</a>

Replace with:

<a href="{$topic->url()->setQueryString( 'do', 'getNewComment' )}" title='{lang="view_this_topic" sprintf="$topic->title"}' class='ipsDataItem_title'> {$topic->title}</a>

Save.

System > Support > Support: clear system cache.

@Ryan H.

If you can analyze, I've just added a space between class='ipsDataItem_title'> and {$topic->title}

22 minutes ago, Peter Sowerby said:

@Ryan H.

If you can analyze, I've just added a space between class='ipsDataItem_title'> and {$topic->title}

Thanks. If the CSSdisplay modes allow it...yeah, that would be an easy fix. I can do roughly the same change from the app. Will see about that for next update.

2 hours ago, Peter Sowerby said:

@Ryan H.

Is there any chance we can enable/display the prefixes for postFeed as it is enabled for topicFeed ? If yes, how?

It would require a hook at minimum. May or may not be involved beyond that. If that's a core widget, I'll look at it for next release.

20 minutes ago, Peter Sowerby said:

Yes, it's a core widget. Post Feeds

Please update it in next release.

BTW, when you're planning the next release to be rolled out?

I typically do them as the need arises, when the number of outstanding fixes hits a critical mass. Can be a while. We'll see though.

25 minutes ago, EJRav3n said:

@Ryan H.

I'm thinking about purchasing your  Advanced Tags & Prefixes plugin. Are you working on an update? If yes, when will you deliver it?

I don't have anything underway except minor fixes. As I noted two posts above yours, I don't have an established release schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

google is reporting the following error message below and every 185 of the urls are connected to the tags such as...

/tags/downloads/

/tags/gallery/

/tags/forums/

uk/search/?tags=car+red&sortby=newest&page=1

The google message is:

Googlebot identified a significant increase in the number of URLs on http://www.net/ that should return a 404 (not found) error, but currently don't. This can cause a bad experience for your users, who might have been looking for a specific page, but end up elsewhere on your website. This misconfiguration can also prevent Google from showing the correct page in search results.

How do we fix this?

5 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi

google is reporting the following error message below and every 185 of the urls are connected to the tags such as...

/tags/downloads/

/tags/gallery/

/tags/forums/

uk/search/?tags=car+red&sortby=newest&page=1

The google message is:

Googlebot identified a significant increase in the number of URLs on http://www.net/ that should return a 404 (not found) error, but currently don't. This can cause a bad experience for your users, who might have been looking for a specific page, but end up elsewhere on your website. This misconfiguration can also prevent Google from showing the correct page in search results.

How do we fix this?

Why would those URLs return 404s? Are they 404 pages? They shouldn't be. You didn't give any real URLs, so I can't exactly see for myself.

At any rate, those are all core pages, part of the IPS suite itself, so you should try contacting IPS support if this is an issue.

On 8/16/2016 at 4:05 PM, Ryan H. said:

Why would those URLs return 404s? Are they 404 pages? They shouldn't be. You didn't give any real URLs, so I can't exactly see for myself.

At any rate, those are all core pages, part of the IPS suite itself, so you should try contacting IPS support if this is an issue.

Will pm you a list

On 27/07/2016 at 6:04 PM, Peter Sowerby said:

ACP > Customization > Appearance > Themes > Edit HTML & CSS (default theme)
Templates > forums > front > widgets > topicFeed

Find:

<a href="{$topic->url()->setQueryString( 'do', 'getNewComment' )}" title='{lang="view_this_topic" sprintf="$topic->title"}' class='ipsDataItem_title'>{$topic->title}</a>

Replace with:

<a href="{$topic->url()->setQueryString( 'do', 'getNewComment' )}" title='{lang="view_this_topic" sprintf="$topic->title"}' class='ipsDataItem_title'> {$topic->title}</a>

Save.

@Ryan H.

@Ryan H. Hi, a litte question, do you support prefix in large block view ? We can see that this is working on sidebar view but, if they are positionned on forums view ? Thanks

So I apparently have database errors, I assume this is because I updated to 4.1.14 which made changes to certain things with addons/plugins.

I don't know exactly what the errors are, but this is what the support option in the ACP gives me:

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

ALTER TABLE `ipb_forums_forums` CHANGE COLUMN `require_prefix` `require_prefix` TINYINT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'AT&P: Require a prefix'

ALTER TABLE `ipb_forums_forums` CHANGE COLUMN `show_prefix_in_desc` `show_prefix_in_desc` TINYINT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'AT&P: Show prefixes on index'

ALTER TABLE `ipb_forums_topic_mmod` CHANGE COLUMN `topic_prefix` `topic_prefix` INT NULL DEFAULT -1 COMMENT 'AT&P: Topic prefix'

Edited by Xelphos
13 hours ago, JiigSaaw said:

@Ryan H. Hi, a litte question, do you support prefix in large block view ? We can see that this is working on sidebar view but, if they are positionned on forums view ? Thanks

They should work there as well. If not, let me know.

5 hours ago, Xelphos said:

So I apparently have database errors, I assume this is because I updated to 4.1.14 which made changes to certain things with addons/plugins.

I don't know exactly what the errors are, but this is what the support option in the ACP gives me:

Are you actually getting errors on your site? Or just when you run the support tool? If on your site, I need to see your error logs.