Donations Support

@Mike John - on another note, I made a donation for $115.00 USD but it was manually entered rather than a donation, I deleted the donation but it still shows in the Widget as donated. I also a donation which was added to server costs rather than LFG donation. I moved it but it's showing as donated to both.

Any chance of having a look into that please when you have a look at the drop down menu issue?

Hello,

I have just purchased this App today and I am having trouble getting the donations to be tracked when a donation is made.

The paypal account has been set to have IPN enabled and we also added the URL provided in ACP of "myurl.net/?app=donate&do=payment&gateway=1"

A donation has been made through the donation app and it was not tracked. What am I doing wrong? I tried messing about with the sandbox mode but I didn't quite understand how to do it properly. I tried adding a donation for $50 through the App in sandbox and it all went through, but again the donation was not tracked.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: are there any other settings in Paypal that need to be enabled? Do I need to turn on API Access or anything like that?

Edited by Joshua Dignam

I have just purchased this App today and I am having trouble getting the donations to be tracked when a donation is made.

First off, can you confirm your using the very latest version? i.e v3.2.5 As that fixed quite a few of the recent ipn issues I was having.

I've got a number of things you can go through but it might be easier if you could provide admin cp login details and then I'll check the basics are all set first.

First off, can you confirm your using the very latest version? i.e v3.2.5 As that fixed quite a few of the recent ipn issues I was having.

I've got a number of things you can go through but it might be easier if you could provide admin cp login details and then I'll check the basics are all set first.

Hi Mike. Yes I can confirm I am on 3.2.5

396c35e1c4c3f10fcba59a71a79788e1.png

I will PM you with ACP details.

Thanks

Hi Mike,

Just wanted to post some bugs for you to take a look at. I am using IPB 4.0.12.1 and 3.2.5 of your donations app.

1. When editing/adding currencies, the dialog box has some missing text. This may be related to my issue #2 if it's supposed to be referencing one of the other currencies in the missing text.

cpTstkr.png

2. Another issue with currencies, if I set a Goal with a USD currency and someone donates using Australian Dollars (AUD). Even though I have set the Currency of AUD to = 0.70 of the default USD currency, it will still treat every AUD donated towards a USD goal as 1=1.
Also Is there some way you can set it to grab the exchange rate from somewhere like www.xe.com so I don't have to manually edit the exchange rate (although that currently doesn't seem to work either anyway).
To work around this I have just had to convert my goals to AUD even though our goals are a fixed price point in $USD, but everyone donates in AUD.

3. When placing the Donation Goals Widget on the Forum page, The drop down list of goals works.

qyQe5QM.png
Dropdown list functioning correctly only on Forum page

However when placing the Donation goals widget on any other page of my website, the drop down list refuses to work. It also will not listen to my 'Number of goals to show?' and will show the exact number of goals I have (I haven't tested past 3 goals but I assume it's just defaulting to 5). Even if I set it to only show 1 goal, it will show all my goals in that 'Type' of goal, even goals that have been disabled. Luckily the Type of goal does work so I have to set it to featured and then go in to my goals and make only 1 goal featured. If I have multiple goals featured it will feature them all no matter how many goals I set it to display.

c1NZX76.png
Dropdown list not functioning

This bug is especially frustrating because it will not show any formatting on my Goal if I cannot set it to display a specific goal. The bug happens in Chrome and Firefox, and on the default IP boards theme, so can pretty much rule out theme issues.

4. Selecting anonymous user still shows the users name in the recent donations list.  Also Selecting anonymous donation amount does function correctly, however when setting up a forum topic to be posted for each Donation, the tags %member_name% and %amount% should display 'Anonymous' or some such text if the user selected those when making the donation.

5. When a donation goal is met, the donation remains 'Enabled' even though I have turned on the below feature to close goals that have been met.

Lh2Ksad.png
Close achieved goals still allows them to be donated towards

Here are the goals settings. If I turn off 'Show Goal' it disables the goal, and then adds all the previously donated money to my currently active goals. So then it screws with all the donation amounts because it's showing money donated twice basically, which I don't want.

JQtGkVq.png
Disabling Show goal

5.1 -Here is how I feel it should function. It should recognise that X goal has reached 100%, then disable the goal from being visible in the donations drop-down list when attempting to donate money. The goal should still show in the /donations/ page, but be marked as closed or completed. The money should stay 'stuck' to that goal even if you disable the goal.
5.2 -Here is how it is functioning. Goal reaches 100% donations. Goal remains active on widgets & is visible in dropdown list when someone tries to Donate. People can then donate past 100% towards a goal, so then it doesn't get counted towards your other goals which still need donations. I then have to manually move a donation to a currently OPEN goal. If I disable the goal in ACP>Donations>Goals, All money that was donated towards the now closed goal, is displaying as donated towards the currently Open goal.

YGcnSab.png
Donation list shows 3 possible goals to donate towards, even though 2 of the goals have closed by both Date & by reaching 100% of their total in donations.

Thanks for the great work on all of your apps, unfortunately I have to say this Donations app is a little buggy but hopefully you can fix it up with the help of bug reports.

Just wanted to post some bugs for you to take a look at. I am using IPB 4.0.12.1 and 3.2.5 of your donations app.

Thanks for the reports Joshua. I've logged them and will have these fixed next version. If there is anything you wanted fixed urgently, let me know and will see if a patch can be put together.

Thanks for the reports Joshua. I've logged them and will have these fixed next version. If there is anything you wanted fixed urgently, let me know and will see if a patch can be put together.

Hey Mike.

Would be nice if the Widget/Block for goals would function correctly (drop down list etc) on all pages, but I wouldn't say it's urgent either.

Hello, 

Q1: In Donation Settings we can create topic on forum. I think create PM to user who donate will be better option. What do you think? 

Q2: Do you know neteller? I think it's good payment platform - so maybe in the future should be added to the application?

Nieteller is better system from skrill in my opinion. Founded in 1999, Optimal Payments Limited provides businesses and individuals with an online alternative to traditional payment methods. Used for forex brokers.

Hello,

I have purchased your module yesterday and received a couple of donations. Everything works fine, except one thing: Guest donations are not listed in nor the backend and frontend. I have received a couple of complains from the donors that their donations are not visible. They worry their transactions have not gone through.

I can see these donations in PayPals backend, the Payment Logs of your module and in my web server access logs, where the PayPal IPN pushed them back to my server. But they are not listed as a donation?

I assume this is a bug. Donations from registered users work without problems, but guest donations are not saved anywhere. I do not like the idea to disable donations for guests.

How can I correct this? Please advise.

Thank you!

On 11/9/2015 5:54:36, kkucharsky said:

Q1: In Donation Settings we can create topic on forum. I think create PM to user who donate will be better option. What do you think? 

Q2: Do you know neteller? I think it's good payment platform - so maybe in the future should be added to the application?

Nieteller is better system from skrill in my opinion. Founded in 1999, Optimal Payments Limited provides businesses and individuals with an online alternative to traditional payment methods. Used for forex brokers.

1. The IPB 3.4 version did this, so will see about adding that feature again.

2. I'll save it to the list but right now I have no immediate plans for future payment gateways.

On 11/9/2015 7:46:42, Bastian Selonke said:

I can see these donations in PayPals backend, the Payment Logs of your module and in my web server access logs, where the PayPal IPN pushed them back to my server. But they are not listed as a donation?

Is there any corresponding logs in the payment logs page that suggest a possible reason for this? Guest support was carried over after the upgrade, so should still be working.

On 14/9/2015 10:05:17, Redmak said:

Is it possible to set goals with EXACT amounts? this is for subscriptions, we have two tiers at 14 and 28 where I want to promote based on the members exact donation. 

Goals can be set but it's the "member rewards" settings that actually promotes the user groups.  If you setup only a 14 and 28 amount option in the settings, then you could setup the member rewards to upgrade groups differently based on the amounts donated. i.e. 13.99 to 14.01 range that covers 1 group promotion and 27.99 to 28.01 range that covers another group promotion.

If you need further details, let me know and will put together some screenshots or setup a demo board if needed.

On 14/9/2015 11:00:08, Redmak said:

I would also like to have the option to not change primary group (but do change secondary group) promotion

That's currently not possible.

On 18/9/2015 12:48:01, icedream said:

Hi, as payment gateways doesn't always support all currencies, please could you add an option to define what currency is supported by what payment gateway? Thanks.

I've logged a bug report so this can be included. Probably not in an immediate version but in the near future.

On 18/9/2015 1:25:52, icedream said:

I just find a secure bug, as paypal throws exception:

Data does not match input character set or default encoding. For more information, please contact the merchant.

I am using Chinese translation, so looks like the data posted are not encoded correctly?

What settings/option did you enter Chinese values into?

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

I've logged a bug report so this can be included. Probably not in an immediate version but in the near future.

What settings/option did you enter Chinese values into?

Not any, I guess that some strings are translated into Chinese. Annoymous and Annoymous donate.

On 16.9.2015,, Mike John said:

Is there any corresponding logs in the payment logs page that suggest a possible reason for this? Guest support was carried over after the upgrade, so should still be working.

No, unfortunately, there is not much in there. Anything that I can do? Most people dont want to create an account only to donate something.

On 22/9/2015 4:29:11, icedream said:

Not any, I guess that some strings are translated into Chinese. Annoymous and Annoymous donate.

Can you temporarily revert those translations and see if the next donation goes through? If that is the cause, I've got a patch I've been working on that should offer a solution here.

On 23/9/2015 7:44:37, Bastian Selonke said:

No, unfortunately, there is not much in there. Anything that I can do? Most people dont want to create an account only to donate something.

I've got 1 possible theory that might be the cause here. If you wanted to test it out, I can send through the file edits needed.

On ‎2015‎年‎9‎月‎24‎日‎, Mike John said:

Can you temporarily revert those translations and see if the next donation goes through? If that is the cause, I've got a patch I've been working on that should offer a solution here.

Yes, I have reverted string, such as forum_donation, anonymous and anonymous_amount, now it works pretty well.

Hi @Mike John,

I recently purchased the plugin as of yesterday, but I'm having some issues with it. I've following the tutorial and believe that it's installed correctly; however, once a user donates through the plugin, their donation is not showing up. The donation still goes through, and the money is deposited on the paypal, but it's not logged in the donation tracker itself.

What should I do to remedy this issue?

Thank you,

Nick.

Edited by Nick Boyett