Donations Support

Could you tell me where to edit/change the border of the widget, it seems to have the same padding as Pages/WYSIWYG widget (seen above the app).

I'm trying to change both so they line up with Downloads/Gallery Feed.

The widget template can be found in ACP > Customization > select skin > Edit HTML and CSS > donate > front > widgets > donateGoals.

You'll probably have the most luck removing the "ipsPad" text as that will remove the extra padding your seeing.

Are you able to tell me when we might have a fix for the goals still showing after being disabled? Our site is getting a bit cluttered now so I'd like to be able to fix it as soon as possible.

I'm aiming to have the next version out before the end of this week. If it is delayed further, I'm more then happy to put together some file edits or apply the patch for you.

Hmm payment went through (instant), IPN says retrying, donation not added to the widget, no donor sign, no error/succeed log.

User was logged in at time of donation (anonymous donation disabled), but used another email address for signing in on paypal.

Any idea how to check what went wrong? I mean the money got added and all but the application didn't do anything (3.2.3).

Hmm payment went through (instant), IPN says retrying, donation not added to the widget, no donor sign, no error/succeed log.

User was logged in at time of donation (anonymous donation disabled), but used another email address for signing in on paypal.

Any idea how to check what went wrong? I mean the money got added and all but the application didn't do anything (3.2.3).

Did you pay for the payment tracker? If not then all additions have to be maually added.

Edited by mesteele101

Are you able to tell me when we might have a fix for the goals still showing after being disabled? Our site is getting a bit cluttered now so I'd like to be able to fix it as soon as possible.

If you can try the latest update Troy this should fix the issue you reported.

If you can try the latest update Troy this should fix the issue you reported.

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for such fantastic support. Yes that has fixed it. There has been one other effect where the Donation Goals widget isn't showing the latest goals unless I manually select the goal, instead of just using the latest goal which is still open. Not a major issue as I can manually set it though.

Cheers,
Troy

Many thanks for such fantastic support. Yes that has fixed it. There has been one other effect where the Donation Goals widget isn't showing the latest goals unless I manually select the goal, instead of just using the latest goal which is still open. Not a major issue as I can manually set it though.

Sorry I'm not able to reproduce this. If you edit the widget and then save the block again does it then appear? Just thinking it maybe be the widget cache.

In side bar, donation goal, keeps showing latest goal even though option is set to 'featured' goal and there is only one. Currently only way to set it so that the featured goal shows in that box is by manually selecting the goal. However, that box also shows all previous goals including disabled goals to me (not sure if this is intended or a bug).

In side bar, donation goal, keeps showing latest goal even though option is set to 'featured' goal and there is only one. Currently only way to set it so that the featured goal shows in that box is by manually selecting the goal. However, that box also shows all previous goals including disabled goals to me (not sure if this is intended or a bug).

This is a confirmed bug that will be fixed in the next version. Until then, please select the "Latest Goals" option instead for that widget.

Hi Mike

I have now had this installed for just over a month and have come across a problem

We have a donation system where $5 gets members premium status for a month.

A member donated $10 and I would have expected it to mean that the member got premium status for 2 months, but, after a month, it reset to a normal member.

I then thought I would need to set up different member rewards for $5, $10, $15 etc.but am unable to set up a reward for $0-$5

Please can you explain how to set it up that each $5 donation will give a month promotion (30 days)

Provided all the other settings are the same and you just need to reward 30 days for each $5 amount donated. I would delete all but one of the "Member Rewards" and extend it to cover all donation amounts. Then change the "Options" setting to "Per Amount", this would issue a promotion for X amount of days for every dollar donated. So enter 6 days as the promotion time and $5 = 30 days and $10 = 60 days.

rewards.thumb.png.4b66c9899f282808d3eef4

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, just a forewarning that there may be a delay until I can address this.

Hi Mike, 

I just updated the donations app to the the version released on the 31st, the issue with the drop down down not working is still present. It's not a massive issue but when you have the time to look into it, it would be appreciated. 

I just updated the donations app to the the version released on the 31st, the issue with the drop down down not working is still present. It's not a massive issue but when you have the time to look into it, it would be appreciated. 

As in the goal dropdown doesn't work? Are you using the very latest IPB4? I've had some reports this was fixed after upgrading.

I've just released a new version of the Donations app that fixes several more bugs and introduces support for Paypal addresses for each goal. This version in particular should address some of the donation not being saved issues that were reported. Especially guest access which has a temporary bypass hook in place until a full interface file can be added.

This release marks a transition from bug fixes towards adding new features and improvements. If you have anything you would like include or changed, please let me know.