Donations Support

I've just released a new version of the Donations app that ensures compatibility with IPB 4.1.14, as well as several more bug fixes included. This version also includes a new "Donation Transfer" widget to allow transfer of a users donation total between members as well as logging/moderator of those transfers. I've attached some screenshots of how this new feature works.

Donation Transfer Form.png

Donation Transfers Widget.png

Donation Transfers.png

Edit Donor Amount.png

Hey @Mike John - Thanks for the latest release.  Got this error when viewing Donation Changes:

SELECT count(*) FROM `donate_changes` WHERE c_donor=1
IPS\Db\Exception: Table 'LeagueMG.donate_changes' doesn't exist (1146)
#0 /var/www/html/system/Db/Select.php(346): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('SELECT count(*)...', Array)
#1 /var/www/html/system/Db/Select.php(408): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /var/www/html/system/Db/Select.php(329): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /var/www/html/system/Helpers/Table/Db.php(280): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /var/www/html/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(447): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Db->getRows(NULL)
#5 /var/www/html/applications/donate/extensions/core/Profile/DonateChanges.php(126): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#6 /var/www/html/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(281): IPS\donate\extensions\core\Profile\_DonateChanges->render()
#7 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#8 /var/www/html/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(64): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#10 /var/www/html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()

I experienced the same issue on my test site with only two test donations. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. It fixed the problem but of course all of my donations (only 2 test ones) were lost as well as all of my settings. Of course this was on my test site so the loss for me was trivial.

Edited by JTHastings

Question concerning the new "Donation Transfer" widget. I've tested this and it works however how is the receiving person supposed to know that a transfer was made and requires their approval? I didn't see/notice any notification of any kind to the receiving person that a transfer is in their queue awaiting approval.

Also, I guess I just don't get it about how/why this is needed. I just made a transfer, logged in with the receivers account, approved the transfer, but as far as I can tell nothing changes. What am I missing here? What's the point?

Edited by JTHastings
On 23/08/2016 at 0:48 PM, pilotguy said:

- Thanks for the latest release.  Got this error when viewing Donation Changes:

I'll rush out an urgent update to fix this tomorrow.

On 23/08/2016 at 11:46 PM, JTHastings said:

Question concerning the new "Donation Transfer" widget. I've tested this and it works however how is the receiving person supposed to know that a transfer was made and requires their approval? I didn't see/notice any notification of any kind to the receiving person that a transfer is in their queue awaiting approval.

It should leave a "(Sent to {username})" note after the message was sent. But this looks like another bug. I'll check and include this in the next update.

2 minutes ago, Mike John said:

It should leave a "(Sent to {username})" note after the message was sent. But this looks like another bug. I'll check and include this in the next update.

Thank you sir, while you're here would you care to enlighten me as to the point of this feature? I guess I may be still a bit confused as to its purpose...sorry to be such a dummy but apparently I can't see the obvious...thanks!

I've just put together v3.1.13.1 that includes a fix for the above sql error.

19 hours ago, JTHastings said:

Thank you sir, while you're here would you care to enlighten me as to the point of this feature?

This was part of a custom request that I decided to include in the release if others found it useful. I guess some may not find any use for sending donation amounts from member to member but I have included permissions so the new feature can be disabled if not needed.

On 26/08/2016 at 10:34 PM, enigmapatrick said:

I've got a feature request, in the Donations page where you see all the donations; if you search for a member could it maybe display a total row so that it just quickly adds up all the amounts? 

On the view all donations page? Or can you point me to where you can currently search by members like that?

7 hours ago, Nick Boyett said:

I just updated to the most recent version and it's throwing this error when I click on the Donation Changes tab on my profile.

4 hours ago, LozMod said:

Just upgraded it after updating from 3.4 to 4.1 and receive the same error on profile.

I'm very sorry for the hassle, I'm just rushing out another urgent update to fix this. Should be up tomorrow.

4 hours ago, LozMod said:

Also, is it possible to change the $ anywhere?

I assume you mean every where it's displayed in the Donations app or any location in particular?

I've just released a patched version that should clear up all these "donation changes" related sql errors.

15 hours ago, LozMod said:

The $ I need to change to a £. Just the image that sits on the donator part on profiles within posts. I can't seem to locate the image to change.

Open acp > theme editor > donate > front > global > topicView

Find:

<i class="fa fa-dollar"></i>

Replace With:

<i class="fa fa-gbp"></i>

13 hours ago, enigmapatrick said:

Donations > Donations & Search in the top right. 

I'll have to see if that's possible.

On 08/09/2016 at 2:10 AM, Netherlord said:

My admin profile seems to have things that should not exist. To do with the new feature (i have it disabled). I see a donation changes tab! and i see donations and a value now appearing next to content count.

Even after you disable group permissions for that section?

On 09/09/2016 at 4:58 PM, B_U_R_I said:

Is there a way I can try out this app before purchasing?

PM Sent.

On 13/09/2016 at 7:21 AM, Netherlord said:

Yes! I have Can send amounts? disabled for everyone.

I've noted for next version.

On 13/09/2016 at 11:57 AM, The Dark Wizard said:

Is there anyway we can have the profile tab for donations removed? Users really dislike other users being able to see. Perhaps a template we can alter or a setting?

Unfortunately, right now you will need to manually remove the file. But a setting of some sort should be possible in a future version.

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

Unfortunately, right now you will need to manually remove the file. But a setting of some sort should be possible in a future version.

I tried manually commenting out the code from the Theme Template in AdminCP under donate > front > global > profileHook and it still kept the Donations tab in the profile?

Hi @Mike John

if you enable "Send promotion PM" and "Send new donation PM" you only have the option to edit the message for the new donations. You can edit the message for promotions but you have to go and edit the Language pack, which can be a bit time consuming.

%member_name%
Member Name
%amount%
Amount
%board_name%
Board Name
%currency%
Currency

These are the current tags available for writing a message. Another very useful tag would be something like %promoted_group% so you could write: Hi %member_name%, you've been promoted to the group %promoted_group%

I would very much like to see an option to warn users before the promotion ends by sending them a PM a certain amount of days before their promotion expires. Are there any plans for that?