Donations Support

How come paymentwall is grayed out? The instructions are out of date and I cant seem to edit anything to link it to my account.  No such api's or secret keys unless im leaving something out.  Authorize.net would be ncie as someone else request this as wellScreenshot 2016-06-24 00.08.09.png

Edited by Baby Jai
On 6/17/2016 at 0:09 PM, adam kinder_191751 said:

One user of my forum reports an error during Paypal donation:

errorpage.png

They appear to be the only user affected thus far, as other Payapl donations seem to work just fine. Am I correct to assume that this is just some problem on Paypal's end rather than something wrong with the donation application? Additionally, are there any kind of trouble shooting steps that I might recommend to this user (aside from suggesting contacting Paypal support)?

Also, a Bitcoin donation gateway might be nice to see sometime in the future.

This will happen if the user making the donation has 2Factor Authentication turned on.

This old 2FA bug and the issue with IPN due to using an old payment gateway have led us to stop use of this addon.

On 24/06/2016 at 2:14 PM, Baby Jai said:

How come paymentwall is grayed out? The instructions are out of date and I cant seem to edit anything to link it to my account.  No such api's or secret keys unless im leaving something out.  Authorize.net would be ncie as someone else request this as well

The email address is not needed to setup the gateway, so it's greyed out to protect another part of the code that checks this field. But there should be a api, secret key and widget field at the bottom of the form. Could you please PM me an database export of your "donate_gateways" database table so I can check over this?

On 25/06/2016 at 2:57 AM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I tried the RSS feed for donations but it's not working. This is the URL that I get on the donations page: http://forums.killinzedz.net/index.php?/donate/donations.xml

This is a confirmed bug. i may be able to patch this within the acp but I would need to look, otherwise this will need to wait until the next version.

On 6/18/2016 at 10:46 PM, XPSuedoX said:

Hi there, 

Great App and still getting my head around it for how we would like to use it... So my question/suggestion here is. We want to set up a staged donation, where the higher the amount they donate the higher "VIP" level they reach. We have set up different Icons for all the groups and using the "secondary groups icons" plugin.

I would like the "members" Primary group to Remain "Member" and am only adjusting the secondary groups for the VIP levels. when they make incremental donations (all promotions are permanent) the member keeps getting the VIP level tags and if donated incrementally enough would eventually be part of every VIP group as secondary and the secondary group icons would be rather.... cluttered.

Is there a way to remove them from secondary groups as they progress? e.g. Dontate $25, they go to VIP1, donate another $25 they go to VIP2, but it removes them from VIP1?

I can get this to work as desired by using the Primary group for promotions, but as mentioned, would prefer the Primary Group to be Member.

If there isn't a way to do this, may we request a feature in the Member Rewards Settings that allows for removal from a secondary group allowing for a stepping stone approach as opposed to a stairway approach?

Cheers

Hi Mike,

Any word on my query?

Cheers

On 27/06/2016 at 4:34 PM, XPSuedoX said:

Any word on my query?

I'm sorry XPSeudoX, your reply got lost to me.

Is there a way to remove them from secondary groups as they progress? e.g. Dontate $25, they go to VIP1, donate another $25 they go to VIP2, but it removes them from VIP1?

Right now it's merging the existing and new secondary groups. Would it work for you if it replaced all the secondary groups with what ever was issued in the reward? So essentially blanking the secondary groups and adding what's ever set in the reward settings?

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

I'm sorry XPSeudoX, your reply got lost to me.

Hi @Mike John,

Thanks for the reply, and it's all good, I understand.

Right now it's merging the existing and new secondary groups. Would it work for you if it replaced all the secondary groups with what ever was issued in the reward? So essentially blanking the secondary groups and adding what's ever set in the reward settings?

I see where you are going, but it's not really the solution we are looking for, as they could also be members of other manually set secondary groups that aren't based on rewards. 

It needs to be something like taking the current state of the secondary groups, removing any "Reward groups" and then adding back the appropriate reward group.

Another way to look at it is in the Admin CP area when setting up the rewards, add another field where you can select secondary groups to remove them from, where I could select only the reward groups but all other groups membership status' are left untouched. I believe this would be the better solution as it gives more choice than it is for just blanket removing all reward groups...

I hope that makes sense,

Cheers

XPSuedoX

On 29/06/2016 at 0:46 PM, XPSuedoX said:

It needs to be something like taking the current state of the secondary groups, removing any "Reward groups" and then adding back the appropriate reward group.

It would need to have some kind of reference to what the current reward groups were offered. That way it knows to remove the previous reward groups and add what ever the new ones are. Do you use a limited promotion or is it permanent? If it's limited, it should be possible to include the data needed to ensure it removes the current reward groups.

If you've got permanent group promotions setup. In theory it should check the members secondary groups selections against all the rewards and find a best case match, remove those current reward groups and then issue the new ones. My only concern would be manually issued secondary groups getting in the way or you making changes to the reward groups after reward already issued.

47 minutes ago, Mike John said:

My only concern would be manually issued secondary groups getting in the way or you making changes to the reward groups after reward already issued.

I can see where you're coming from and can see it getting messy. 

How about the other method I mentioned? would that be possible?

On 6/29/2016 at 0:46 PM, XPSuedoX said:

Another way to look at it is in the Admin CP area when setting up the rewards, add another field where you can select secondary groups to remove them from,

After update last ips got this error

ALTER TABLE `donate_demote` CHANGE COLUMN `original_group2` `original_group2` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '', CHANGE COLUMN `new_group2` `new_group2` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '', CHANGE COLUMN `demote_group2` `demote_group2` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '';
ALTER TABLE `donate_goals` CHANGE COLUMN `g_emails` `g_emails` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '';
ALTER TABLE `donate_logs` CHANGE COLUMN `post_data` `post_data` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '';
21 minutes ago, duyfr said:

ALTER TABLE `donate_demote` CHANGE COLUMN `original_group2` `original_group2` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '', CHANGE COLUMN `new_group2` `new_group2` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '', CHANGE COLUMN `demote_group2` `demote_group2` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '';

ALTER TABLE `donate_goals` CHANGE COLUMN `g_emails` `g_emails` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '';

ALTER TABLE `donate_logs` CHANGE COLUMN `post_data` `post_data` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '';

Yes I am getting the same errors in IPS System check, donations most likely needs an update to fix these errors with IPS 4.1.13.1

1) When I changed the "PM Sender", it defaulted back to the original user (appears to be the user who's logged into the ACP). The user I'm trying to set it to has PM's enabled.

2) Permanent Promotion: Is the amount based on a one-time promotion or is it accumulative? For example, I set the permanent promotion to $100. A user donates $20, $50, and $30, on 3 different occasions totaling $100. Then the user has been promoted permanently? Or does the user have to make a $100 donation at once?

If it's by per donation, is there a way to make it an option for permanent promotions based on accumulative?

I have an open support ticket but haven't heard anything regarding it, as donations are not being added to the goal even though they're in the backend and neither are goals resetting correctly. This is prior to the recent update. Anyone know where Mike is? He seems to be inactive the past week.

On 01/07/2016 at 0:33 PM, XPSuedoX said:

How about the other method I mentioned? would that be possible?

That will need to be modified in a future version, not something I can patch now. I assume your current rewards are not likely to change for a while? If not, then perhaps a fixed file edit could be utilized until something more permanent is setup?

On 05/07/2016 at 4:45 AM, Baby Jai said:

how come we cant use the payment gateway authorize.net that comes with commerce/nexus?  I have tried to upload the folder to it since thats where all the other folders and gateway settings are but no good

The gateways for commerce are completely different then for the Donations app. The file names may be similar but the code is different.

On 07/07/2016 at 6:21 PM, duyfr said:

On 07/07/2016 at 6:44 PM, Neej said:

Yes I am getting the same errors in IPS System check, donations most likely needs an update to fix these errors with IPS 4.1.13.1

I've gotten a few reports of this and will be upgrading to the latest version to check over. Has anyone been able to use the "fix" option on their forum?

On 10/07/2016 at 8:37 AM, GrooveOnBeat said:

1) When I changed the "PM Sender", it defaulted back to the original user (appears to be the user who's logged into the ACP). The user I'm trying to set it to has PM's enabled.

The logged in user is only displayed if there's an empty value for that setting. Are you noticing any errors when saving the settings? Something to suggest it's not saving the custom user you set and therefore defaulting to the logged in user? Also what version of IPB are you using?

On 10/07/2016 at 8:37 AM, GrooveOnBeat said:

2) Permanent Promotion: Is the amount based on a one-time promotion or is it accumulative? For example, I set the permanent promotion to $100. A user donates $20, $50, and $30, on 3 different occasions totaling $100. Then the user has been promoted permanently? Or does the user have to make a $100 donation at once?

If it's by per donation, is there a way to make it an option for permanent promotions based on accumulative?

There's a setting in the donations area to have it tally the total donations of a user or just individual donations. If you only want to trigger that permanent donation once a users total donations hits $100, enable the "Award based on total donations?" setting.

On 10/07/2016 at 0:19 PM, GrooveOnBeat said:

3) Reset per goal? What is the possibility of each goal having its own reset dates?

Not currently but I am seeking feedback on the whole reset function. Seems to be causing more confusion and problems.

On 10/07/2016 at 10:22 PM, enigmapatrick said:

This is prior to the recent update. Anyone know where Mike is? He seems to be inactive the past week.

Should be back to the normal now. Very minimal internet access last week.

@Mike John is it possible to use authorize.net AS a gateway?  This would be really nice as payza is a VERY long process, been waiting a month back off and on with the company.  PayPal I just dont ilke and paymentwall is just the same.  Authorize.net I think is a huge gateway that others have requested.  Instead of using donations in commerce (yours is more robust) I would like to use yours but I need the same gateway for the both of them.

That will need to be modified in a future version, not something I can patch now. I assume your current rewards are not likely to change for a while? If not, then perhaps a fixed file edit could be utilized until something more permanent is setup?

Thanks @Mike John,

Happy to wait for this feature in a future version. Cheers.

5 hours ago, Mike John said:

I've gotten a few reports of this and will be upgrading to the latest version to check over. Has anyone been able to use the "fix" option on their forum?

The 'Fix' option has not worked for me.

@onlyME's app 'Featured Content' also was displaying errors, and he said it was just a bug with IPS itself, but he released an update to fix it so it would not display the error in System>Support.

20 hours ago, Baby Jai said:

is it possible to use authorize.net AS a gateway?  This would be really nice as payza is a VERY long process, been waiting a month back off and on with the company.  PayPal I just dont ilke and paymentwall is just the same.  Authorize.net I think is a huge gateway that others have requested.  Instead of using donations in commerce (yours is more robust) I would like to use yours but I need the same gateway for the both of them.

Yes authorize.net should be able to be included as a gateway but not until the next version is added. Existing gateways for commerce can't be adapter but I will look into that more next major release as it would be easier to integrate with existing gateways.

16 hours ago, Neej said:

's app 'Featured Content' also was displaying errors, and he said it was just a bug with IPS itself, but he released an update to fix it so it would not display the error in System>Support.

Thanks for the information.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:21 PM, Mike John said:

The logged in user is only displayed if there's an empty value for that setting. Are you noticing any errors when saving the settings? Something to suggest it's not saving the custom user you set and therefore defaulting to the logged in user? Also what version of IPB are you using?

IPB 4.1.12.2.

I've tried it in IE and Firefox and both revert back to the original user. I tried to reinstall, but I'll try again.

There's a setting in the donations area to have it tally the total donations of a user or just individual donations. If you only want to trigger that permanent donation once a users total donations hits $100, enable the "Award based on total donations?" setting.

Thanks! I can't believe I missed that.

Not currently but I am seeking feedback on the whole reset function. Seems to be causing more confusion and problems.

Ok! It would be a nice feature to have if possible. :lol:

On 13/07/2016 at 3:24 PM, GrooveOnBeat said:

I've tried it in IE and Firefox and both revert back to the original user. I tried to reinstall, but I'll try again.

If still, let me know. If board access is possible that would help, otherwise I'll log this and include in the next version. I'm working on a new release anyway to clear up some of the mess that these recent IPB4 versions created.

@Mike John My site went down today! had to file a ticket! this is the response i got

I have run some further debugging and it seems that the issue is related to the donations application.

I would suggest to contact the author for further support.

The error i was getting

Fatal error: Call to a member function language() on null in *****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php on line 75

So i've had to disable app for the time being.

Edited by AndyF
Server path removed as requested.
On 7/14/2016 at 9:56 PM, Mike John said:

If still, let me know. If board access is possible that would help, otherwise I'll log this and include in the next version. I'm working on a new release anyway to clear up some of the mess that these recent IPB4 versions created.

@Mike John the SQL error are pretty bad when you go to fix errors and hit fixing errors doesnt fix them.  The next issue you have is the payza which isnt you but its a bad option.  You try to type any credit card number in it has to begin with 3 or 4 otherwise it clears the form.  So this is bad on their account.  Authorize.net would be ideal at this point, I know you said future update will have that in it ;)