Refreshing IPS Attitude to Feedback

NewRockRabbit

There has obviously been a lot of feedback / criticism / assorted angst directed towards IPS over the development of IPS 4.0 over the last few months - quite a bit of it from me :tongue:

But it seems to me that IPB are now generally postively responding to that feedback with lots of forum interaction, and new resources such as the Feature Plan and Release Notes. That really fills me with confidence for the future. There is nothing more frustrating than a problem with the software being pointed out again and again and the issue being (seemingly) ignored by IPB, but that appears to be less and less of a problem. Although some issues are still a bit murky (development of Pages, documentation etc), I think IPB now has a clearer roadmap than any of its competitors. Please keep up this level of engagement, its a win-win for everyone.

Thanks IPS.

I am glad to see that there is far less negativity directed towards IPS and that everyone seems to be working better together to improve together :) I think the last what...7 months or so, I've seen people who don't know the difference between FEEDBACK AND CRITICISM vs direct bashing or insulting. Being rude/demanding isn't going to get your point across and is likely to get you ignored(which is something I've seen people complain about...hmm wonder why)

I am glad to see a lot more positivity and I agree that IPS is definitely is on a clear path and potentially has the strongest product of their competitor :)

That really fills me with confidence for the future. There is nothing more frustrating than a problem with the software being pointed out again and again and the issue being (seemingly) ignored by IPB, but that appears to be less and less of a problem.

Yes, you get used to it.:lol:

Ah man I really liked the Feature Plan ladder system. And the page looked slick as well, showed of Pages capabilities. ;)

Will the Planning Stage features like Physical Products Marketplace return, with their full descriptions? That was a great page. I'd keep it even if it has duplicate info. Maybe make FP open to the public and RN for members.

But whatever you decide. :)

I, too, liked the Feature Plan section. I referenced it for my community pretty regularly to show progress and why it's such a big deal to us. While I also look at the release notes section, will we see something calling out "landmarks" as features are completed at release points?

Archived