FAQ System (IPS v4)

The FAQ System allows Administrators to create custom questions and answers and display them anywhere on their site.

• Uses the full IPB Editor
  • Group Questions into FAQ Collections to show different questions on different pages
  • Display Collections easily on any page, in any IPS component
  • Answers are displayed in a popup window so users are not taken to another screen

Note: This mod is the 4.0-compatible version. For the 3.x version, see http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/5761-faq-system/

• 2 weeks later...

Love the application - thank you!  I am noticing that even if I turn off the "show in navigation" option, the FAQ menu item remains.  Any chance there is a fix for this?  Again, many thanks! (I'm using the latest version of IPS Community)

paul

• 1 month later...

Does this mean we can have a separate pages for Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, FAQs, etc., all which are independent from one another?

If you create separate collections for each of these, they would all show up in the global FAQ section. But each collection also has its own page, so yes, you can have independent pages for each.

If you create separate collections for each of these, they would all show up in the global FAQ section. But each collection also has its own page, so yes, you can have independent pages for each.

That's pretty cool. :smile:

Like the other member said, while I can create this in Pages, I like the way you arranged things, including a popup for answers. I can use this for a help/FAQ section, since IPB 4 doesn't have it anymore. You can count on me as another customers. :)

Love the application - thank you!  I am noticing that even if I turn off the "show in navigation" option, the FAQ menu item remains.  Any chance there is a fix for this?  Again, many thanks! (I'm using the latest version of IPS Community)

paul

I've uploaded a new version to the Marketplace. It contains a fix for this issue.

Are FAQ Collections required to display FAQ's? When I created Q&A without a FAQ Collection it didn't display. When I created a FAQ Collection and added a FAQ Q&A to it, then the FAQ displayed. :unsure:

Suggestion:
Is it possible to add a setting to toggle on/off the FAQ link in Navbar? if not then I'll just continue doing..

.elNavigation_app_faq_FAQ {
  display:none;
}

I prefer it in the Footer that's why. :lol:

Are FAQ Collections required to display FAQ's? When I created Q&A without a FAQ Collection it didn't display. When I created a FAQ Collection and added a FAQ Q&A to it, then the FAQ displayed. :unsure:

Suggestion:
Is it possible to add a setting to toggle on/off the FAQ link in Navbar? if not then I'll just continue doing..

.elNavigation_app_faq_FAQ {
}

I prefer it in the Footer that's why. :lol:

Yes, collections are required.

You can hide any tab from the menu in the ACP under System -> Site Features -> Applications. Click the "lock" icon to the right of the app and set "Show in Navigation" to false.

Thanks for a great mod!

Q1: I would like to hide the headline "FAQ" by adding the following code in the custom CSS but did not succeed. Is the "pageapp" and "pagemodule" not "faq"?

body[data-pageapp=faq][data-pagelocation=front][data-pagemodule=faq][data-pagecontroller=browse] .ipsPageHeader 
{
}

Q2: Is it possible to change the string "FAQ" in the box that groups/lists the different faq-collections?

Skärmavbild 2015-08-13 kl. 17.16.35.png

Edited by Stefan Johansson_72643

I think I have noticed a bug - when I add URLs in the FAQ-answers, they do not seem to work.

Please visit this page http://99nicu.org/forum/faq/ and view the first FAQ "What is the 99nicu community". Try the "Register here"-link, is does only re-direct back to the FAQ-page.

Most other links seem to behave the same way.

UPDATE: I switched to "source" mode and it seems that URLs are not saved properly - the "Register here"-link just looks like

<a href="">Register here</a>

I tried to enter the URL in Source-mode, saved, but it seems that it is not saving ok even in source-mode. IPB4-bug?

Edited by Stefan Johansson_72643
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just installed, a big fan of the v3 version...looking forward to configuring this.

A few issues (working on 4.1.8.1)...

How do you nest the FAQ Sytem menu item, it doesn't seem to work as normal?

Also, how do you change the wording 'FAQ System' so it appears in the menu as just 'FAQs' for example?

Many thanks

On 2/6/2016 at 1:03 PM, Gravi5tar said:

Just installed, a big fan of the v3 version...looking forward to configuring this.

A few issues (working on 4.1.8.1)...

How do you nest the FAQ Sytem menu item, it doesn't seem to work as normal?

Also, how do you change the wording 'FAQ System' so it appears in the menu as just 'FAQs' for example?

Many thanks

I don't know why I don't get notifications from this thread. :( So frustrating.

Can you clarify what you mean when you say "it doesn't seem to work as normal"? There really is no difference between the FAQ menu item and any other menu item.