Forms Support

1 minute ago, Apfelstrudel said:

@Mike John: When are you going to implement the patches you mentioned above? We are on 4.1.12.1 now and want to use the product again.

Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking he'll probably have forms done tomorrow. (Well today. . Tuesday) He's upgraded a few of his other apps already and pushed those so I don't think this one is far behind. ^_^ Kind of in the same boat as you, but it's only just one form that's not working so I guess we're lucky.  haha

have something going bad with function "Menu manager" when your application active , i cant use this function "menu manager" in acp and got error

ErrorException: Declaration of IPS\form\extensions\core\FrontNavigation\_Form::children() should be compatible with IPS\core\FrontNavigation\_FrontNavigationAbstract::children($noStore = false) (2)
#0 /home/admin/web/public_html/init.php(276): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'Declaration of ...', '/home/admin/web...', 0, Array)
#1 /home/admin/web/public_html/init.php(276): require_once()
#2 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::autoloader('IPS\\form\\extens...')
#3 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call('IPS\\form\\extens...')
#4 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Application/Application.php(720): method_exists('IPS\\form\\extens...', 'generate')
#5 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Application/Application.php(306): IPS\_Application->extensions('core', 'FrontNavigation', false, false)
#6 /home/admin/web/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/menu.php(149): IPS\_Application::allExtensions('core', 'FrontNavigation', false, 'core', NULL, false)
#7 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_menu->form()
#8 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#9 /home/admin/web/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/menu.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_menu->execute()
#11 /home/admin/web/public_html/evopanel/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

Edited by duyfr
14 hours ago, ADKGamers said:

I'm thinking he'll probably have forms done tomorrow. (Well today. . Tuesday) He's upgraded a few of his other apps already and pushed those so I don't think this one is far behind. ^_^ Kind of in the same boat as you, but it's only just one form that's not working so I guess we're lucky.  haha

Yep, spot on. Very much likely today.

14 hours ago, Apfelstrudel said:

But I'm still hoping in getting the confirmation pm feature I requested a couple of months ago. ^_^ I want to keep the user onpage.

Wasn't planned but I'll bump it up and try my best to include it this update.

6 minutes ago, duyfr said:

have something going bad with function "Menu manager" when your application active , i cant use this function "menu manager" in acp and got error

Check back within a few hours and the new version should have this fixed.

Hi Mike. 

Wanting to use this to allow my members to submit a "feature car" for my website. 

Ideally I want to present users with a forum with different categories that contain fields for the user to fill in. 

What is important is for users to submit a number of photos in different categories;

exterior / interior / engine bay etc..

what is then needed is for the submission(s) to be reviewed by moderator for approval to display as a forum post within my website which contstructs the content / photos into a topic.

before I considered purchasing this I wanted to make sure it is the right product for me.

Can you please clarify on the above points?

cheers

pete

On 02/06/2016 at 7:02 AM, VR6Pete said:

Wanting to use this to allow my members to submit a "feature car" for my website. 

I'm not seeing any issues with the fields you'll need or submitting that data to a topic. But 1 issue would be the approval process for the topic. Typically the "topic alert" is used in staff/admin forums and approved straight away for view. There's no "approval" option along the way.

Depending on who and how you want to manage approvals. The easier way would probably be to add a topic state option in the topic settings. That way you could set topics to "hidden" and mods/admins could come along and approve a topic if needed. Would something like that work for how you want to approve submissions?

If you want I can setup a demo board and that way you can add the fields needed and make sure they passed onto the topic like you want.

On 11/4/2016 at 9:10 AM, duyfr said:

Hello 

Can you add a small function "dont allowed multiple value" in option "checkbox set" please

Thanks

On 11/4/2016 at 10:56 PM, Mike John said:

Have you considered using the "Radio" field option instead? Has natural support for 1 selection only.

On 12/4/2016 at 9:24 AM, duyfr said:

hello

yes i were thinking to use this field , but i have 4 fields using "checkbox set" but only one i need only a value , i can use 1 radio field + 3 checkbox set just it not same style in my forms ,

but just a idea , not important ^_^

On 14/4/2016 at 6:34 AM, Mike John said:

Yeah I understand that. I'll note this for the next version and see what I can do.

Still dont have this option in new update ? And if you want i can use radio field then you can add option require field ? Because when i use checkbox set field they can check all value but i need only 1 reponse , and when i use radio field as you said i have nothing in reponse because it not require 

Thanks,

On 06/06/2016 at 5:27 PM, duyfr said:

Still dont have this option in new update ? And if you want i can use radio field then you can add option require field ? Because when i use checkbox set field they can check all value but i need only 1 reponse , and when i use radio field as you said i have nothing in reponse because it not require 

No sorry I wasn't able to include it due to some parts being more complicated then I first thought. I've still got this logged and it should be placed in the next version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/06/2016 at 5:54 PM, Neej said:

Is there a way to force a user (the submitter) to be auto subscribed to the topic it creates when a form is submitted, or is that more the backend of IPS in the notifications permissions per user?

It's tied into the new topic/post form itself, so not something I can extend into easily but will note it for a future version.

Good afternoon!
Extend, please possible forms:
  - Add the possibility of placing dynamic fields: currently one form is applicable to a recording! Modify, if possible, accommodation in the form of more than one record!

For example:

Number on the item                 name                          Number                            Price
1                                              ABC                                   2                                      100
2                                              DEF                                   3                                        200
3                                              GHI                                   4                                         300
N                                            XYZ                               100                                       1000

SEND

Thank you!

On 23/06/2016 at 5:10 AM, sovushik said:

- Add the possibility of placing dynamic fields: currently one form is applicable to a recording! Modify, if possible, accommodation in the form of more than one record!

Dynamic fields is a very likely addition when I start adding new features again. No ETA on that yet.

1 minute ago, sovushik said:

i'm so sorry, but what means "ETA"? ))

really looking forward to this functionality! can even make a separate app! first customer you already have!

It means Estimated Time of Arrival

So Mike John is saying he does not know when he will be releasing these features.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/07/2016 at 5:34 PM, Apfelstrudel said:

: I just installed your app and added a new form with the new "confirm pm" feature enabled. Then I submitted a form but the submitting user didn't get any pm. Why that?

Silly question but can you confirm they were a member? I just checked through the code and not seeing anything obvious that could go wrong. I may need board access to troubleshoot this further.

Which message will be shown within this pm?

The PM message can be changed in the language manager. Search for the "form_confirm_pm_message" string.

How can I disable the captcha for normal logged in users?

You can "bypass" captcha through the group permissions for groups that you want to skip the captcha.

Hello John,

yes, indeed it was a member. In my boards guests do not have any permissions but the pm hasn't been delivered.

And captcha is already disabled for all members. So I don't know why it came up.

I tested this on two different localized ipb installations with the same effect.

19 hours ago, Apfelstrudel said:

yes, indeed it was a member. In my boards guests do not have any permissions but the pm hasn't been delivered.

16 hours ago, Neej said:

I can confirm this bug with not receiving a PM after submitting a form.

I've logged a bug report then for this to be fixed next version. I'll need board access if you want this patched manually.

On 13/07/2016 at 11:41 AM, Mike John said:

I've logged a bug report then for this to be fixed next version. I'll need board access if you want this patched manually.

Mike I can see what the issue is.

19fdabe36622bd323586ef06a9e0e337.png

This setting needs a configuration as to who the PM confirmation sender is. Currently it is either defaulting to using the User themself, or it is grabbing the setting from the Forum Topic section where it asks if you want to 'Create own Topic'.

I checked my PM inbox today and indeed it sent me a PM, however because it is using myself as the PM sender this prevents IPS from sending a notification on the usernav, or making the notification bar pop up to say that I have a new PM.

So if you could add a box which allows us to choose who the PM sender is for 'Confirm PM', that would be great.

• 2 weeks later...