Forms Support

I thought it was quite common in web software, most of the major forum software and bigger 3rd party applications have them.

I am not going to argue with you on how you run your business. I appreciate the efforts you and all developers put into building these plugins. I think yours is the first IPB plugin that I came across that had this.  I remember the copyright thing being a big "feature" 10 years ago.  I would consider raising your price $5 and remove the copyright thing totally.  Maybe you will sell more.  I could only image how nastly people's forums will start to look if everyone tries to make a few extra bucks to remove the credit from every widget that gets put out there.  I don't think it's a practice I would like to see embraced again, that is for sure.  You put the price on it, which should be what you want for that plugin.  Like I suggested raise the price a few bucks and remove it for everyone.

12 hours ago, JEFF MACK said:

I am not going to argue with you on how you run your business. I appreciate the efforts you and all developers put into building these plugins. I think yours is the first IPB plugin that I came across that had this.  I remember the copyright thing being a big "feature" 10 years ago.  I would consider raising your price $5 and remove the copyright thing totally.  Maybe you will sell more.  I could only image how nastly people's forums will start to look if everyone tries to make a few extra bucks to remove the credit from every widget that gets put out there.  I don't think it's a practice I would like to see embraced again, that is for sure.  You put the price on it, which should be what you want for that plugin.  Like I suggested raise the price a few bucks and remove it for everyone.

I am not arguing either... I do not have a problem with the Devfuse copyright removal fee - nor with the other 4 apps (including IPS) that I have purchased copyright removal.
The other side is like this (at least for me) is: I have 4 IPS licenses for 4 sites - only one of those sites feels copyright removal is important. I understand the need for brand identity and that site pays for it.
But why should the other 3 sites pay an additional fee for something they do not need. Just my 2 cents - no need to respond.

23 hours ago, JEFF MACK said:

I didn't think you were, just never had this raised before (10 years modding is a long time but don't remember any instance) so never really thought about it much. I'm open to any feedback about copyright from other users of my apps, whether here or via PM. I try to make the copyrights as tasteful and minimalist as possible but if anyone has feedback on them, let me know.

18 hours ago, Apfelstrudel said:

Yes, that's true but the list is still available via the breadcrumb link. ;)

I've noted this as well. If you want these patched before the next version, I don't mind putting together instructions for you. ;)

8 hours ago, Mike John said:

I didn't think you were, just never had this raised before (10 years modding is a long time but don't remember any instance) so never really thought about it much. I'm open to any feedback about copyright from other users of my apps, whether here or via PM. I try to make the copyrights as tasteful and minimalist as possible but if anyone has feedback on them, let me know.

Its the first thing that I was disappointed in seeing after I installed it. I understand the whole copyright thing but it should be clear before purchase and really just add a few dollars and I think everyone would be ok and pay it.

P.S. is captcha working now for guest forms because until it is I have the app disabled.

Hi!

I can`t understand why but I got 

EX1054 Something went wrong. Please try again.

everytime I try to create new form that creates new topic. Though it works pretty well on demo. And BTW I don`t know why, but I have no some settings on my board (like General and Topic as on your site).

Please help!

1 minute ago, elnomio said:

Hi!

I can`t understand why but I got 

EX1054 Something went wrong. Please try again.

everytime I try to create new form that creates new topic. Though it works pretty well on demo. And BTW I don`t know why, but I have no some settings on my board (like General and Topic as on your site).

Please help!

Look back a page, i had the same issue and there is a link that will tell you how to fix this.  It works.

On 4/12/2015, 6:52:03, Apfelstrudel said:

When do you plan the release of the next version?

Next version is due out this week.

On 4/12/2015, 6:52:03, Apfelstrudel said:

And yes, we really would need a PM confirmation because we want to keep the user online. ;)

Could you please implement this?

Yes in the future but not this next version.

On 4/12/2015, 10:57:45, Ausy said:

Its the first thing that I was disappointed in seeing after I installed it. I understand the whole copyright thing but it should be clear before purchase and really just add a few dollars and I think everyone would be ok and pay it.

P.S. is captcha working now for guest forms because until it is I have the app disabled.

This next version will include a fix for the captcha issue.

On 8/12/2015 at 7:06 AM, Marianito Camu said:

Any updates on when this next version will be released? Need this fix bad.

Still a few days away but will be this week. I assume your talking about the form save bug?

17 hours ago, Apfelstrudel said:

Another problem. We can not use members standard account email for the confirmation. The dropdown menu is deactivated and there is no other option.

After you add your email field, you can then go back and edit the form to select your email confirmation field.

Edited by Mike John
On 11/12/2015 at 7:10 PM, Apfelstrudel said:

Does it mean we can only send a confirmation email to registred members when they enter their email again?? If yes, this is not a good solution.

If no email address field exists, it defaults to using the logged in email address of the member.

Hello Mike.

Have you had a chance to look in to my issue of guests being unable to post forms?

Every time there is an update to the IPboards software, I need to go in to phpMyAdmin and go to the ' IPS_core_message_topic_user_map ' indexes,  and then go I have to allow ' map_user_id ' to accept a null value.

Would love a fix for this or any sort of explanation if it's an issue with my database etc, as it's very frustrating having to go in and set this up every time an update happens. Especially lately when there was 3 updates to the IP board software in the space of a week.

Thanks mate.

I've just uploaded the latest version which should cover all the recent bugs after IPB 4.1 and a few minor feature additions as well.

1. Menu tab fix and support for default navigation function
  2. Problem with guest pm submissions and database error.
  3. Problem with guest submissions that require captcha.
  4. Form save error that arose after IPB 4.1.
  5. New "require form url" setting that disables the splash page and "show forms" button and requires the full form url.
  6. Preview form link added within acp for fast access to the public form view.
  7. Integration with the Rules application. View more information on the Rules app here.

I want to personally thank @Kevin Carwile for working on the Rules integration.

Hello @Mike John,

thanks for the update but could you please also remove the breadcrumb link to the main form page, when this page is disabled?

Otherwise we'll get errors in GWT and the users will be confused.

I think this makes sense. Thanks in advance.

And it's also important to me to know how to purchase the copyright removal? We don't want to have any copyright in the footer except ours.

Edited by Apfelstrudel

thanks for the update but could you please also remove the breadcrumb link to the main form page, when this page is disabled?

I'm sorry @Apfelstrudel I did make note of that but must of missed it last minute. Here is a patch if you wanted to fix this straight away.

Open applications/form/modules/front/forms/index.php

Find:

\IPS\Output::i()->title = $container->_title;

Add ABOVE:

if( isset( \IPS\Output::i()->breadcrumb['module'] ) )
        {
            unset( \IPS\Output::i()->breadcrumb['module'] );    
        }

And it's also important to me to know how to purchase the copyright removal? We don't want to have any copyright in the footer except ours.

Read the first sentence of this listing very carefully on the difference between copyright modules. Although you should be aware I'm still reviewing copyright in general.

Hello @Mike John,

just read the first sentence and clicked the required link but the content can't be read without being registred at your site.

I don't want to register there only to see a price and to be informed if it's possible in general. Seems to be a big secret. I'm sure here we have some more people who would be interested in this information.

If you have a copyright removal (just of this footer line; of course you keep the copyright ;) ) then please tell us the price. If not, it's ok too but then we don't want to use the product and you should add a line to the product specifications.

I would really appreciate to get some infos.

Thanks in advance

BTW: Thanks for the patch.

Edited by Apfelstrudel

@Mike John: Any infos for me? I would really appreciate.

BTW: I can't register at your site because you don't accept my standard freemail account (I can't use my companys account for that). It's really hard to get this information. I can't understand this complicated behaviour. Could you please send me the required informations (price, how to pay) to get rid of this footer line?

Thanks in advance.

On 18/12/2015 at 8:03 PM, Apfelstrudel said:

BTW: I can't register at your site because you don't accept my standard freemail account (I can't use my companys account for that). It's really hard to get this information. I can't understand this complicated behaviour. Could you please send me the required informations (price, how to pay) to get rid of this footer line?

I've got two different copyright, one for my free plugins and applications (e.g. Guest Message, Donate Sidebar) that is 15 USD lifetime and covers only the free plugins/apps. I've got another copyright that is 45 USD lifetime and covers all my paid and free apps and plugins. (e.g. Donations, Forms, Videos, Guest Message, Donate Sidebar).

It's not a secret, I just don't sell it through the marketplace as it doesn't include the ability to track urls with copyright removal. I can manually setup an account if you can PM me the details you would like to use.