Forms Support

This is a great little app by the way. Going to be super useful. 

I was getting this error message on the Submit - EX1048 - then it stopped.

But I have a much stupider question.

Where does the information go? Is it supposed to be in the Log file? Emailed? PM?

The Log File doesn't have anything in it.  

I get the Thank you emails ect..  but no where, and I am sure I have been over every square inch, is the info from the fields.

Thanks

9 hours ago, Mike John said:

I believe you mostly got this solved on your own but if your still having issues setting up, let me know and can provide a few pointers.

I did.  Panicked a little, had a bomb dropped on me in the morning. They really don't like giving me any warning.  Sold over 1400 tickets!  Worked out great.

Great little app Mike.  I can't wait to see what IPS and all the indy developers do with 4 over the next year.  It's going to be pretty amazing.

15 hours ago, Ausy said:

Go to your form and click on view logs.

But this was empty.

I had to add the individual Quick Tags from the fields into the Log output in the Admin area, also added them to the email.

If it was stated somewhere to do that, I didn't see it. I was in a mad rush.

Not sure if those are supposed to be there by default.

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2015 11:59:12, Ausy said:

Yes trying it as a guest.

I couldn't find an immediate solution to this but have logged a bug report and will need to troubleshoot this further to find the solution. Could you please enable the "bypass captcha" permission for your groups until this is fixed?

5 hours ago, Mike John said:

I couldn't find an immediate solution to this but have logged a bug report and will need to troubleshoot this further to find the solution. Could you please enable the "bypass captcha" permission for your groups until this is fixed?

Will do, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Apfelstrudel said:

Hi,

I get an EX1054 when trying to save a form. I have the latest version with 4.1.4.1.

BTW, sorry for the stupid question, but where can I find the forms? How can I embed them into a page? I don't have any widget nor other menu items in acp.

I just purchased yesterday and I am trying it for the first time.  I just got this error as well.

13 hours ago, Apfelstrudel said:

I get an EX1054 when trying to save a form. I have the latest version with 4.1.4.1.

9 hours ago, JEFF MACK said:

I just purchased yesterday and I am trying it for the first time.  I just got this error as well.

I've had some reports of this and so far the latest patch can be found here. Once I confirm it works, I'll be releasing it into the next version.

13 hours ago, Apfelstrudel said:

BTW, sorry for the stupid question, but where can I find the forms? How can I embed them into a page? I don't have any widget nor other menu items in acp.

Forms can be accessed through the forms url. You'll notice the Forms menu appear and then link to each individual form from a splash page.

I've had a suggestion about including forms in widgets but it's not included just yet.

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

I've had some reports of this and so far the latest patch can be found here. Once I confirm it works, I'll be releasing it into the next version.

Forms can be accessed through the forms url. You'll notice the Forms menu appear and then link to each individual form from a splash page.

I've had a suggestion about including forms in widgets but it's not included just yet.

The code patch worked. I do not get the error any longer.

I noticed you included branding of your app "IP.Board Forms by DevFuse", is there a way to remove that?

It would be great if there was a simple Preview link from the admin area so that you can look at your form to see how it's coming out.

2 hours ago, JEFF MACK said:

The code patch worked. I do not get the error any longer.

I noticed you included branding of your app "IP.Board Forms by DevFuse", is there a way to remove that?

It would be great if there was a simple Preview link from the admin area so that you can look at your form to see how it's coming out.

You can purchase copyright removal here

Ok thanks, Mike. The patch did it.

One more question: From my point of view it makes no sense to offer the people a list of forms. Normally I need forms to ask for something special. So it's good to have forms on pages. I got the answer on this question. But I don't want to show the people any list of forms. Sometimes the different forms have nothing common.

How can I block the form list page and the "form list" button for the people?

So I just want to add form links in my forum on an individual base.

Question 2: Why can I only send confirmation emails to the people and not confirmation PMs?

Edited by Apfelstrudel
21 hours ago, JEFF MACK said:

I offer copyright removal through my site.

As in a link to the forms page on the front end? Should be simple enough, so will log this as a bug to ensure it's fixed next version.

19 hours ago, Loren said:

You can purchase copyright removal here

Thanks Loren but that's actually for free apps/plugins I release. There's been confusion about that before so temporarily disable it until I can update the description properly.

15 hours ago, Apfelstrudel said:

One more question: From my point of view it makes no sense to offer the people a list of forms. Normally I need forms to ask for something special. So it's good to have forms on pages. I got the answer on this question. But I don't want to show the people any list of forms. Sometimes the different forms have nothing common.

How can I block the form list page and the "form list" button for the people?

So I just want to add form links in my forum on an individual base.

Question 2: Why can I only send confirmation emails to the people and not confirmation PMs?

1) Assuming your in IPB 4.1, have you considered using the menu manager to disable the "Forms" menu tab and just link people directly to your forms page?

2) Never had it suggested before but if there's demand, I will add a confirmation PM as well.

12 hours ago, JEFF MACK said:

Wow, sorry, but I think that is pretty weak.

I thought it was quite common in web software, most of the major forum software and bigger 3rd party applications have them.

1 hour ago, JEFF MACK said:

How do you get rid of this Show Forms button?  Like others have stated, I just want to link to a page that has the form. I don't need people to be able to go see every form that is made.

Open theme editor > form > front > logs > create

Find and Remove:

<li class='ipsToolList_primaryAction'>
        <a class="ipsButton ipsButton_medium ipsButton_important ipsButton_fullWidth" href="{url="app=form&do=formlist" seoTemplate="form_list"}">
        	{lang="show_forms"}
        </a>
    </li> 

I've logged this one as a bug to as the IPB 3.4 option did allow an option to disable all forms from showing and required the form url when viewing a form.