Forms Support

On 9/11/2016 at 10:15 PM, Mike John said:

I can do this as a custom request but will need at least a month before can start on anything. I'm working on bug fixing updates now and I will see if I can include this in the next version easily or not.

Please send me a PM what this would cost if you don't mind.

7 hours ago, PedroNL said:

Be sure you get a quote on what it will cost you to keep this updated if IPB releases an update that makes this not work properly. I do not mean to be negative, but be sure to get that.

This is with all developers and not directed at Mike John. It is thought and should be considered as smart business. 

So we have gone to update our form wait times to one week however in doing so we encounter the following problem.

Our wait times are inherited from group permissions (we have tried the alternative way as well) and have set it too 172800 seconds before another form can be submitted however the message that people receive when trying to submit a new application shows no more than 60 minutes.

The image below shows a member who tried submitting an application 45 minutes atfer submitting a previous one. It tells him he can resubmit one in 15 minutes but should in fact say a lot longer (based on our one week wait)

Could you please help with this.

wxckhPw.png

Thanks

Rob

On 13/09/2016 at 7:00 PM, Apfelstrudel said:

2 months later .... Still can't use the plugin. :(

I'm sorry for the delay but I'm more then happy to manually patch this. The next version should be out within the next few weeks but even so, it would be beneficial to confirm my fix works for you given the wait. Please PM login details if you want me to test the patch.

On 14/09/2016 at 5:06 AM, PedroNL said:

I'll need a few weeks before I can even send out any quote.

On 14/09/2016 at 0:23 PM, CP said:

Be sure you get a quote on what it will cost you to keep this updated if IPB releases an update that makes this not work properly. I do not mean to be negative, but be sure to get that.

If a new custom feature is built into the app itself. I generally will update it for that IPB version it was made for. So for example, a new feature will be supported for as long as IPB4 is around.

15 hours ago, Rob Pearson said:

Our wait times are inherited from group permissions (we have tried the alternative way as well) and have set it too 172800 seconds before another form can be submitted however the message that people receive when trying to submit a new application shows no more than 60 minutes.

Do you get the same issue when only setting the submit wait in the form itself? i.e. leaving the group permissions empty. It sounds like there might be a number limitation in the group permissions but I'll need you to confirm that by checking the form submit wait time.

Hello @Mike John

I have checked as requested that issue and removed the group permission and just set the time in the form however when i press save it goes back to 1 seconds.

Firstly i set it to 172800 seconds and press save

f2a656589c634c981d3edad43a488514.gif

I then go back on the permission and it resets the value to 1 seconds.

850eee8f48ed3d7d92e55a51b070b05e.gif

All permission groups have been set to empty (which it then auto disables it in group perms)

18 hours ago, Mike John said:

If a new custom feature is built into the app itself. I generally will update it for that IPB version it was made for. So for example, a new feature will be supported for as long as IPB4 is around.

This is my problem when I post, what I meant to say is if someone gets a custom made plugin or application. For example, If you add a feature to "Forms" then yes, it should be supported. However, if someone hires you, or another developer for that matter for a unique plugin or application then that is when what I posted comes in to play. ^_^

I am seriously bad at posting as people seem to read what I say wrong. I am working on it. ^_^ 

On 17/09/2016 at 1:02 AM, Rob Pearson said:

All permission groups have been set to empty (which it then auto disables it in group perms)

I've noted this as a bug and will patch in the upcoming release. If your available for testing, I can see about putting some patches. (PM me.)

On 17/09/2016 at 4:42 AM, PedroNL said:

Great, should I contact you in towards the end of September about this?

Probably towards end of 1st week of October.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/10/2016 at 4:50 AM, Trevor Brandt said:

Is it possible to create a form and then link someone to it and have fields pre-filled out? Like /page/?subject=Test and the subject line would be "Test" then?

PM me and I might have some test code for you to try. Not 100% sure on it but it might work.

On 17/10/2016 at 4:33 AM, Eterna Gaming said:

Hey there, been trying to make an application based on the integration you guys have with Collab? It's not working not sure what to do from here. Let me know, @Mike John

I know Kevin helped add "Rules" support but I don't believe there was any work done for the Collab app. I might be missing something but if so, please refresh my memory.

Hi! This plugin makes every form have its own page, which is cool most of the time :D but is there a way for me to put the forms created in the plugin onto an existing custom page? (Other than just copy-pasting the code, which creates the problem that whenever the form is updated, it needs to be copy-pasted again on all pages it's placed on).

On 18/10/2016 at 11:09 AM, Rok Zupan said:

Hi! This plugin makes every form have its own page, which is cool most of the time :D but is there a way for me to put the forms created in the plugin onto an existing custom page? (Other than just copy-pasting the code, which creates the problem that whenever the form is updated, it needs to be copy-pasted again on all pages it's placed on).

No not currently. But I will note this and see what's possible next release. I've had this suggested a few times now and thinking about it more, it should be possible to include the form in a widget.

• 2 weeks later...