IP.Content Blocks lost 95% of it's filtering options in 4.x?

Josh Bond

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any updates on this guys? It's been nearly a year since it was brought up and as far as I can tell, as a heavy user of pages I cant build anything remotely custom as I cannot tweak the blocks to show unique content. I dont want to show the same info everywhere.

And as Matt asked what we need specifically. I need to:

Filter by category. Self explanatory.

Filter by field. For example a DB can have a select box field, each record can be tied to one value. Id like to show based on that.

7 hours ago, Lindy said:

We have many of these in the pipeline - I know it's been too long and I apologize. They are coming soon, I promise. :)

Great, are you able to say if these types are included? If not ill get a 3rd party to code on but dont want to waste my time etc.

Filter by category. Self explanatory.

Filter by field. For example a DB can have a select box field, each record can be tied to one value. Id like to show based on that.

• 4 months later...
  • Management
Just now, CheersnGears said:

Thank you.  My previous list in this thread was "all of them", so that should just about cover it. ;)

I'm kidding, I think it was a different thread or PM where I listed out the ones I was looking for and the reasons I needed them.

Ha. You did first say "all of them" - you listed some in the client lounge topic though that I passed along. I'll find out what made the cut and preempt that by saying we can certainly look at more later as well. ^_^

5 minutes ago, Lindy said:

Ha. You did first say "all of them" - you listed some in the client lounge topic though that I passed along. I'll find out what made the cut and preempt that by saying we can certainly look at more later as well. ^_^

Cool.  As of the last time I had a working 4.1 test install, Offset was the only filter I was really still missing just to get back to where I am on 3.4.   I can see a need in the near future for custom filters based on custom fields being needed too though. 

• Management
9 minutes ago, CheersnGears said:

Thank you.  My previous list in this thread was "all of them", so that should just about cover it. ;)

I'm kidding, I think it was a different thread or PM where I listed out the ones I was looking for and the reasons I needed them.

I'll run it by Matt. 

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really hate it when there's something introduced that provides you with a function and flexibility, then the next release it's filtered down (possibly because it loses focus or priority due to bigger features). It's understandable, though it happens virtually with every release.

4.0 surprised my expectations but it was very buggy, 4.1 fixed that.

I'm hoping that IPS returns the filters and makes improvements, as there are ways filters could be tweaked to offer greater control. At the top of my site I have features showing, however I have to have the category and I can't seem to mix between settings so that it pulls articles from others - from certain specifications. I don't want this to be taken the wrong way, I love how IPS is evolving and giving us some great features and 4.2 will be awesome but we pay for custom work and the loss of certain functions are really a major fallback.

3 hours ago, ADKGamers said:

Or this has just gotten lost in the backlog of all the other stuff that they have going on?  

Yes maybe, but I asked before and nothing

Will it be so difficult to do?
I would settle for something like "we will not do anything about it" :wub:

43 minutes ago, Heosforo said:

Yes maybe, but I asked before and nothing

Will it be so difficult to do?
I would settle for something like "we will not do anything about it" :wub:

Sometimes things are more complex than you can easily assume on forums such as these. This site is not necessarily the hub of major IPS clients as this line of questioning implies.

Also, comments like this:

2 hours ago, Heosforo said:

Maybe it's no longer one of their interest$

Aren't exactly endearing. When you resort to that, as a customer (and not even close to representing the majority), the professional thing to do is not reply. I am comforted by the fact that IPS do not feel the need to respond just because you said something like that.

@Simon Woods 

Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that.
I have been trying to receive an answer and I have been waiting for a long time for these options.

I do not use forums, only IP.Pages, I loved it and that's why I decided to use IP.Content, for those options.
But now they're gone, why? Is it so difficult to get a response?

You probably use forums, everything is fine there.

Archived