Messages Support

19 hours ago, The Dark Wizard said:

Awww, I purchased it just for that since users were complaining that they couldn't collapse regular announcements in IPS. Any ideas when you think you can patch it?

It could be a few months more. I can refund/exchange your purchase? Or seeing as the screenshot showed the collapse settings incorrectly already in place, I can extend your subscription time to cover the wait until it's added?

2 minutes ago, Mike John said:

It could be a few months more. I can refund/exchange your purchase? Or seeing as the screenshot showed the collapse settings incorrectly already in place, I can extend your subscription time to cover the wait until it's added?

I'll take a refund and I'll pick up Collections later when my site has calmed down and settled after the migration to IPS, since it hasn't even been a week yet.

Just now, The Dark Wizard said:

I'll take a refund and I'll pick up Collections later when my site has calmed down and settled after the migration to IPS, since it hasn't even been a week yet.

I've included you in a PM conversation requesting a refund. I've also updated the screenshot that incorrectly showed collapse support. (It was removed the last minute before release due to my limited experience when first working with IPB4.)

On 13/08/2016 at 0:58 AM, BIgnat said:

Hello! I've just bought this app and there's an issue. I set to show a message in a particular forum, but I also can see this message on the main page. Is it a bug? Is it possible to short messages only on selected forums?

If you select forums, it should be only displaying in that forum. Are you using the default hook or have you added a widget?

On 17 августа 2016 г. at 5:04 AM, Mike John said:

I've noted this as a bug to include in the next version. You can view a manual patch here if you want to manually fix sooner.

Hello! I've done this, but now a message appears in all topics, not only in the selected forum.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Whilst trouble shooting recently, I disabled Messages and my forum  threw an error

[[Template core/front/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It goes away when I re-enable the app.

How can I uninstall Messages without losing my current theme?

On 8/11/2017 at 3:09 AM, Bill Edwards said:

Whilst trouble shooting recently, I disabled Messages and my forum  threw an error

[[Template core/front/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It goes away when I re-enable the app.

How can I uninstall Messages without losing my current theme?

I've now sorted this myself :)

• 2 months later...

I would like to see messages growing some. I would like to see I can use it everywhere in IPSSuite . not only in the forum part . and its not work proper either . shows on main page and everywhere . I see above this has been up before . but still not working . am running ipsuite 4.2.5 and latest messages .....

Ex: I would like to see I can use a message box in the collection part without showing everywhere . hope to see some improvement to this great app . 

will disable the app to new version is coming .....

On 10/28/2017 at 8:05 AM, Chris59 said:

I would like to see messages growing some. I would like to see I can use it everywhere in IPSSuite . not only in the forum part . and its not work proper either . shows on main page and everywhere . I see above this has been up before . but still not working . am running ipsuite 4.2.5 and latest messages .....

Are you using the main global hook or widgets? The later is a lot better suited for placing the messages in different locations other then the forum.

I would like to help install this if needed. If you can PM me your admin details and an example of a few locations you would like to see messages placed in, I can setup a few examples.

• 4 weeks later...

HI Mike,

Just bought the application - looks good!  I was wondering if there was a fix for the toggle messages ability?

One other thing: I set up a Message to appear to members who have joined within the last day.  It seems to work so far, but there's a small glitch - it also appears after regular members (including the Admin) have fully logged out of the site.  In fact, it appears to every guest who arrives at the site, when it should really only appear to new Members who have logged in, and only for X amount of days.

Edited by liquidfractal