Messages Support

6 hours ago, Mike John said:

No not yet, have been preoccupied with critical IPB 4.1 updates. I'll be going through another round of bug fixes again but won't be for a few more weeks.

Hi - the issue here is that it is not useable and I have paid for a product plus support yet it has already been 4 weeks since reported to you and you are saying a few weeks more. 

On 10/11/2015, 10:57:20, Police Community said:

Hi - the issue here is that it is not useable and I have paid for a product plus support yet it has already been 4 weeks since reported to you and you are saying a few weeks more. 

If the temporary workaround is not working I would be happy to provide another solution until this is fixed (PM me). I'm sorry but I have to prioritize the bugs I get in and to me the bugs that IPB 4.1 produced were more critical at the time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2015 at 2:44 PM, Joey_M said:

@Mike John - I have set up two messages and click the 'random' setting within the block, yet I have two messages displaying - one on top of the other. Is there any way of making it so they rotate upon refresh?

Do you mean you only want to show 1 message randomly? If so, if your using the hook you'll need to adjust the message limit to 1 instead of 5 or what ever the default setting is. So then it will show 1 message randomly instead of a bunch of messages in random order.

9 hours ago, Mike John said:

Do you mean you only want to show 1 message randomly? If so, if your using the hook you'll need to adjust the message limit to 1 instead of 5 or what ever the default setting is. So then it will show 1 message randomly instead of a bunch of messages in random order.

I'm using the widget, as I only want the message to show within the community.

On 11/12/2015 at 11:09 PM, Joey_M said:

I'm using the widget, as I only want the message to show within the community.

Could you perhaps clarify your original question as I'm not sure I understand what your trying to do now. If the random option is selected in a widget, it should then just rotate between available messages.

Just now, Mike John said:

Could you perhaps clarify your original question as I'm not sure I understand what your trying to do now. If the random option is selected in a widget, it should then just rotate between available messages.

For me it displays the messages beneath each other, I'm not sure why but I have been experiencing some issues with missing CSS since the latest upgrade.

• 1 month later...

Hello! I just buy your application. I was thinking that global messages will displayed in topic view and forum view, but they was not displayed in topic view...  :cry:   :cry:   :cry:  It's not suitable for me... You can modify the application?
P.S. Sorry for my english.

5 hours ago, rumitru said:

Hello! I just buy your application. I was thinking that global messages will displayed in topic view and forum view, but they was not displayed in topic view...  :cry:   :cry:   :cry:  It's not suitable for me... You can modify the application?
P.S. Sorry for my english.

4 hours ago, rumitru said:

And widgets in index, forum and topic view is not working (not showing after adding).

IPS v4.1.7

4 hours ago, Cloud 9 said:

Is this good for 4.1.7 ?

I've just added this app on my list to check with IPB 4.1.7. If your able to provide ftp/acp login details to help in troubleshooting please PM me. Otherwise the next version will be released in the next several days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Joey_M said:

where is the CSS controlled?

There's not a dedicated css file but you can modify the template bits in theme editor > gms > front > global > messageList and messageRow.

What message style are you using and is it a widget or the default hook position? The widget area actually will add it's own padding to all widgets, so that's a little different to change then the actual global message itself.

On 01/04/2016 at 8:41 PM, Joey_M said:

It's the widget I'm using Mike, I did manage to resolve the padding on my old theme but I had to edit a template to re-add spacing. I've slept since then and I don't recall exactly how I achieved it.

Just logged in using my previous details and it looks like you may have gotten this fixed? The top widget block seems to be lining up properly in both themes.

• 4 months later...