Videos Support

2 things. Can i disable the extra videos feature somehow. Also for those that are using it i think they may agree that maybe a tab square for the original video should appear under the video too (like it does when you add a video). So you can toggle back to the original video when clicking to one of the others. As right now i see no way to click back to the 1st original video.

Edited by Netherlord
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have installed the Videos application, and it is running on the latest version of IPB.  Members have started to upload videos, but the videos are not viewable.  I have tried to view them on a PC and on a Mac using Chrome and Firefox, but there only is a big black box where the video should be, and I receive the following error:

55f8dad2526f1_ScreenShot2015-09-15at10.5

I am able to right-click on the black box, download the .flv file in this case, and I can play the video locally on the PC or the Mac.

My board is hosted on a Hostgator shared server.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Is there a fix?

Thank you.

Edited by Kenneth Newman_56802

I have tested the board by uploading an .flv file to the gallery.  The file plays in the gallery, but the same file will not play when uploaded to the Videos application.  That leaves only the Videos application to be the problem-- not hosting, not the basic IP Board-- only Videos is the problem.

I have uninstalled Videos, and then I reinstalled it.   I even cleared the cache, but the problem remains.

Here are the results of sample files that I have uploaded to Videos; some play; some play partially; some do not play at all:

.m4v - Video OK; Audio OK

.mov - Video MISSING; Audio OK:  

.flv - Video MISSING; Audio MISSING

.mp4 - Video MISSING; Audio MISSING

Embedded Youtube media - Video OK; Audio OK

Please assist.

Thank you.

Edited by Kenneth Newman_56802
11 hours ago, Netherlord said:

Possible bug.

Tested the meta tags. They load the data properly. But the video play option if clicked causes the player to load but it goes to a white screen. - Not sure if its meant to do that, i assumed it would just redirect to the page :D

Please advise what social media account your using and will test further.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm having an issue with upgrading from Videos 2.3.2 to 3.1.6. Also, attempting the upgrade makes it so that the app becomes impossible to uninstall (so I'm unable to do a new install, due to a duplicate application).

I reported this to IPS but they weren't interested in fixing the problem generally: https://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/active-reports/41-beta-1-if-upgrading-an-application-fails-then-it-makes-it-impossible-to-remove-that-application-r8236/

Would you be able to look into it for me? Thanks so much.

Edited by DChiuch

2 more bugs i noticed.

First one: If you select the tickbox on comments on videos no popup to delete the selected posts appears.

Second one: If you click View all comments on the Latest comments widget it takes you to the video comments in full, BUT they are pink and faded out as if hidden!

On 3/10/2015 5:45:50, DChiuch said:

Unfortunately I'm having an issue with upgrading from Videos 2.3.2 to 3.1.6. Also, attempting the upgrade makes it so that the app becomes impossible to uninstall (so I'm unable to do a new install, due to a duplicate application).

I reported this to IPS but they weren't interested in fixing the problem generally: https://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/active-reports/41-beta-1-if-upgrading-an-application-fails-then-it-makes-it-impossible-to-remove-that-application-r8236/

Would you be able to look into it for me? Thanks so much.

I'll need both admin cp and ftp login details to troubleshoot this further.

2 hours ago, Netherlord said:

2 more bugs i noticed.

Thanks, noted.

On 11/10/2015 7:54:32, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I upgraded my forum yesterday. Still have an issue with this. No thumbnails after upgrade. I saw that you mentioned that you had it in the Buglist - is there any update or fix? 

Will be easier to troubleshoot this on your forums as I've got no confirmed issues like this currently.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, i cannot get Dailymotion videos to work.

I've set up daily motion in the Media Sites as follows:

Site Name: Daily Motion

Host URL: dailymotion.com

Example URL: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp14wz_hjernevask-brainwashing-english-part-7-nature-vs-nurture_news

oEmbed URL: http://www.dailymotion.com/services/oembed

But i still get the error " Problem generating embed code. "

I've looked at the Daily motion Oembed Specifications here:

https://developer.dailymotion.com/player#player-oembed

What's wrong?