Videos Support

I still have the same issues as metioned above. Do I need to do anything else than updating the the app?

v3.1.3 didn't include a fix for that yet. See a list of the fixed bugs here.

I see we can only show the last videos on the video homepage

would be great to be able to show categories too

like the five last videos of category 1

the five last videos of category 2

Do you mean through the "New Videos" block or through the videos widget? The videos widget does allow you to restrict to selected categories.

But if you've got further suggestions for the new videos block, I'm open to ideas.

v3.1.3 didn't include a fix for that yet. See a list of the fixed bugs here.

Do you mean through the "New Videos" block or through the videos widget? The videos widget does allow you to restrict to selected categories.

But if you've got further suggestions for the new videos block, I'm open to ideas.

Hi Mike

Actually i am trying to build on the Videos homepage :

Last videos :

10 last videos

Last videos from category 1

4 videos

Last videos from category 2

4 videos

For the last videos block, no problem, its perfect, nice thumbnails

But for the last videos from categories with the widget videos, it doesnt show well, with some very small thumbnails 40px*40px whereas the thumnbails in the last videos block are 200px*140px

It should look the same

Actually your "videos feed" widget is perfect when inserting the widget in the sidebar, but not in the main area

So the solution would be to create a new widget for people wanting to insert videos feeds in the main area with the same look as the last videos block

So that they can build a nice homepage

and also insert this at the end of the pages of their forum, showing large thumbnails

Last point : when inserting this widget in the main area, we should be able to customize the title of the block

As now if inserting "videos feed" widgets in the main area : they will all have the same title "Last videos" instead of :

Last videos of category xxx etc

Tx a lot for your help, your app is awesome ;)

In the setup of a media site i would leave the Oembed field ?  and no luck with facebook url?

It looks like IPB uses this regex for Facebook videos, urls posted will have to follow the same pattern.

https:\/\/www\.facebook\.com\/(.+?\/permalink\/|photo|video\.php|(.+?)\/posts\/)/i

How can I remove the black bars above and below the video?

In addition, some translate keys is not working. For example num_comments. Not save.

If it's part of the video than I can't do much about that. If it's a thumbnail image, then you try resizing the thumbnail dimensions to block out the black bars.

The num_comments issues was fixed a few versions ago, are you using the latest version of the Videos app?

Actually i am trying to build on the Videos homepage

What about if the thumbnail image dimensions for the horizontal widget display where bigger? Or do you need the look of the "new videos" block?

Edited by Mike John

The num_comments issues was fixed a few versions ago, are you using the latest version of the Videos app?

I use version 3.1.3 but this bug not fixed.

If it's part of the video than I can't do much about that. If it's a thumbnail image, then you try resizing the thumbnail dimensions to block out the black bars.

Please write in detail step by step instructions. >_<

Hi Mike

We have a problem today

we have the following error when trying to submit a new video :

"EX1048 Something went wrong. Please try again."

i went to admincp / system / errors logs and saw a line about a sql error : 2015_07_06_sql.php

i sent you the detail by MP

We didnt touch to anything and we could add plenty of videos the last three days...

the app is the last version 313

Tx for your help ;) 

Ok found the error

If you disable in settings :

Enable thumbnail uploads

and

Enable thumbnail urls

then you got the error when posting a video

i just reactivating both and it works even if dont need thumbnail uploads

so i added in the css those lines to keep only the necessary when adding a video :

li#video_type{
  display:none;
}

li#media_upload_url{
}

li#thumbnail_type{
}

li#thumbnail_upload{
}

li#thumbnail_upload_url{
}

Edited by Charlie_IPB

What about if the thumbnail image dimensions for the horizontal widget display where bigger? Or do you need the look of the "new videos" block?

Hi again, 

Actually it should look the same than the new videos block, would look much better

the "videos feed" widget is perfect when inserting the widget in the sidebar vertically, but horizontally, the "new videos" block has a much better look

so the best would be to create a new widget with this look, and the ability to select a category and define a title

that would be awesome ;)

I use version 3.1.3 but this bug not fixed.

Please write in detail step by step instructions. >_<

I've just checked and this was definitely fixed in the latest version. I don't know why the upgrade wouldn't have removed it. I will need acp access to check.

ACP > Community > Videos > Settings > Thumbnails & Uploads. Adjust the dimensions of the "Standard thumbnail dimensions" setting and see if that removes the black bars.

we have the following error when trying to submit a new video

Ok found the error

i deleted one category, and then the list of the categories on the homepage disappeared !

Both are confirmed bugs, will have them fixed next version. Thanks for reporting!

Actually it should look the same than the new videos block, would look much better

I'll add the dimensions adjustment next version. But if I can add a more detailed block will include that instead.

having the ability to define the titles of the blocks is also very important to avoid having many blocks with the same titles "Last videos"

Good point, noted.

I'm moving to 4.0 and was wondering how I can keep all the videos I have created int he older version. Is there a way to import a list of videos? Ideally, I would like to have a csv file with the link, description, title, tag, etc.

The upgrade from IPB 3.4 to 4.0 keeps all the data. You don't need to import/export anything. Just make sure your using the latest version of the IPB 3.4 videos app before you upgrade as that's been the most tested and most likely to go more smoothly.

The upgrade from IPB 3.4 to 4.0 keeps all the data. You don't need to import/export anything. Just make sure your using the latest version of the IPB 3.4 videos app before you upgrade as that's been the most tested and most likely to go more smoothly.

I am running a live 3.x site and a 4.x development site. How do I go about getting the videos in the old site moved to the new site?

Edited by Michael R

I am running a live 3.x site and a 4.x development site. How do I go about getting the videos in the old site moved to the new site?

Provided all the Videos are still in the database, it's just a matter of uploading the new IPB4 version from the admin cp. You'll see the Videos app listed in the "out of date" section, here is where you can upgrade an IPB 3.4 app. Make sure a full backup is done before upgrading.

....Just make sure your using the latest version of the IPB 3.4 videos app before you upgrade as that's been the most tested...

Hello Mike,

What is the latest version of IPB 3.4.6? I'll see if I'm with her and has updated if necessary. Then we'll do an update to IPB 4.

If your still in IPB 3.4, see ACP > System Tab > Manage Applications & Modules. Next to the Videos System entry will be the version.

Hello Mike,

version of the Video system is 3.0.3. Problem it will then update to the video system for IPB 4? I expect every time to do an update of IPB 4. Should I upgrade from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4?