Birthday Greeter Support

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @Mike John We have recently set this up for posting a topic each day which is great & working well.

Yes, I had the problem of what time it posts, but have overcome that by manually running the task at the right time once, then, every day, it does it at the same time.

However, the problem I have is that our site is about 95% USA members and the title of the topic which is posted is in a format of yyyy-mm-dd and we would like it to be in the standard USA format of mm-dd-yyyy

Where can I change this?

Edited by Greg W
On 15/11/2015, 2:23:42, Greg W said:

However, the problem I have is that our site is about 95% USA members and the title of the topic which is posted is in a format of yyyy-mm-dd and we would like it to be in the standard USA format of mm-dd-yyyy

Where can I change this?

I haven't tested it but I believe this should do the trick. Open applications/birthdaygreeter/sources/Alerts/Alerts.php

Find:

\IPS\DateTime::create()->format( 'Y-m-d' );

Replace With:

\IPS\DateTime::create()->localeDate();

I believe the local date should use the local date setting, if not change the format variables around to m-d-Y and I'll be sure to include this as a setting next version.

8 minutes ago, Mike John said:

the local date setting, if not change the format variables around to m-d-Y and I'll be sure to include this as a setting next version.

You may have some issues with DateTime using hyphens vs slash (British vs American) and localeDate() - I know this is a huge problem when using date()/strtotime() as they will interpret based on the usage of hyphens or slash.

Just to keep in mind :p 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Michael R said:

Hmmm. I noticed that it stopped working this morning (no updates). So I went into settings to check is something was messed up. Now when I try to save, I get this error:

Next version due out within several days. Should patch the settings issue and will take a look at any possible reason why the alert wasn't sent out.

I'm having trouble reproducing the setting saving error locally. If someone who can reproduce can PM me forum login details to confirm my patch works?

I'm having trouble reproducing the setting saving error locally. If someone who can reproduce can PM me forum login details to confirm my patch works?

12 hours ago, Lord Balandar said:

Hello! I have yet to test the functionality of sending birthday greetings, but I noticed when selecting groups to exclude and saving, those groups are not re-selected after going back into the settings.

Thanks for reporting, I've included a patch with the bug report if you wanted to patch this straight away. It should be saving the settings properly but just not displaying them in the settings page.