Error Code List

ghinton

We don't have a list - the error codes are just so we can do a search of the code and find it easily. We try to make the error messages themselves provide as much information as necessary. If you post the code here though, I can look it up for you.

We don't have a list - the error codes are just so we can do a search of the code and find it easily. We try to make the error messages themselves provide as much information as necessary. If you post the code here though, I can look it up for you.

It was said a while back (3 to 5 months) from a topic I open and ask about that it may be coming out. Now as of IPB 3.x.x, there was a code list for what every error code meant. @Mark From a clients point of view if you even if the message still it not clear. I would have to go make a post wait for an answer and than address the problem with the error code itself. Which could take a few days are less to get a reply even via ticket as well. With the publish list I can just look it up and if it is a fix I can address myself I correct it. Now knowing what the error code is saying to me. As it was done before and yield better customer issues why not put it back up for IPB 4.0?

​Here we go, I found the posting now. @Mark There is a database tho. :D

​You could post this in documentation or elsewhere: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/410819-any-documents-on-error-code/?do=findComment&comment=2544610

• 9 months later...

Sorry, there is a problem

FILE_DOES_NOT_EXIST

Error code: 1S111/1

@Mark  getting this error msg while upload the images in 4.1.8.1 version. tried alot. 1st time i stucked on images uploading then i refresh and tried to re upload and now i cant upload any image could u please tell me what this msg means. or how to fix this .. 

Edited by WAQAS DAR

That isn't an error that should happen - it occurs from an exception being caught in the multi-redirect code, in this case somewhere along the line it's trying to access the contents of a file which doesn't exist - which may indicate there is an error in uploading the image. I would recommend contacting support to help you resolve that issue - a log is written with more information if that error occurs, so the support team will be able to look at your logs to get a better idea of what happened there.

• 11 months later...
On 3/2/2017 at 11:58 AM, Adriano Faria said:

It happened to me this week in a resource I was working and was caused by a "bad" link.

Where it happens with you? Which app/plugin?

Hello Adriano, how is it going? it happens on the "Classified" app we installed the other day. When someone leave a reply to an advert, the system gives an error, the one i posted here above (Error code: 2S136/B) but the message appear in the thread. I have tried just now but it seems working without error. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2015 at 8:36 AM, Adriano Faria said:

This link does not work unless you have the rights to it.

On 3/23/2016 at 6:56 AM, Mark said:

That isn't an error that should happen - it occurs from an exception being caught in the multi-redirect code, in this case somewhere along the line it's trying to access the contents of a file which doesn't exist - which may indicate there is an error in uploading the image. I would recommend contacting support to help you resolve that issue - a log is written with more information if that error occurs, so the support team will be able to look at your logs to get a better idea of what happened there.

@Mark Any word on this?

Here we go, this is the reference to what I was talking about.

Found the rest of the post and old URL

Old Location - Dead Now

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/ips_error_codes.html/_/invision-power-board-3xx

But having this resource did help myself a lot in IPB 3 Series and allow me to fix issues that didn't have to put in a ticket to IPB to fix something that could be fix in 2 minutes. The biggiest thing is the turn around time for me and tickets when something is simple. But all I needed was codes to be define so I know I need to go address it myself, go to the author of application that is causing the issue and not IPB. During this time I learn more about IPB with the assist of the code list and the befits of saving me time as well for the IPB to get back to me. In some case I had to go to them because the issue was something that I couldn't fix myself and was with in the code of the site. But now when I see XYZ code in IPB I knew what it was off the bad as a Admin Tech than oh well got me open ticket. More pros than cons.

Edited by ZakRhyno

• 2 months later...

I launched my membership site today and have downloaded the SSO plugin to get the two to communicate and connect. I've followed the instructions, installed the file in the root of the WP URL...and entered the correct site URL with the code.  Everything looked great!! 

I've set member preferences in the Group/role tab.  None of my members are being added to the access allowed segment of the new forum.  I've provided screenshots with the error code. Any suggestions? 

Screenshot 2017-06-11 11.02.51.png

Screenshot 2017-06-11 11.05.26.png

• 6 months later...

That error code occurs while importing a theme when the file that was uploaded no longer exists, or the md5 checksum of the upload does not match the checksum of the file during the import. This shouldn't cause a 404 error on the front end of your site.

If you are experiencing trouble I recommend submitting a ticket so we can take a look.

It would be nice to be able to understand the error codes and what is causing them more in depth. It might reduce the amount of support tickets you guys (IPS staff) have to handle if the trouble shooting side of the software was laid out better. Some of the codes are pretty easy but other take a bit of digging to figure out because the description doesn't tell enough sometimes.

6 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

It would be nice to be able to understand the error codes and what is causing them more in depth. It might reduce the amount of support tickets you guys (IPS staff) have to handle if the trouble shooting side of the software was laid out better. Some of the codes are pretty easy but other take a bit of digging to figure out because the description doesn't tell enough sometimes.

See Error Formatting section

16 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

In *most* cases, if you get a generic error message that relates to a specific issue, we need to improve that error at the software level rather than have some sort of public list of every error code ever.

• 11 months later...

That error happens if you reach the page to crop your profile photo, but don't have any profile photo stored. We'd recommend submitting a ticket if you require assistance.

And this highlights the problem with having a generic database of error codes and messages. It can't really (typically at least) tell you the problem or how to solve it. Often it requires a human to intervene and determine the issue, and in cases where the error handling is just flat out insufficient, we try to improve the error messages to make them clearer and more actionable.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...