IPS4 database size during update (ibf_core_cache)

during the update of my board from the last 3.x.x version to IPS4 I observed a huge increase of mysql database . looking to see what causing this I found a new  ibf_core_cache table that is ~270mb.

does anyone know what is about this table and if this will be cleaned at the end of the update process ?

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Did you do the UTF conversion immediately prior to the upgrade? The tables conversion to UTF saves the old non-UTF tables with the prefix ORG_ so basically your database's size will double until you delete those old (original) tables from 3.4

It could be that, it could be something else.

I got this message from the support and it worked well.

[...]
As a starting point, please visit your AdminCP, then click "Support" under "System" then select "Something is not working correctly" and go through the wizard. It is quite possible this will resolve your concerns.
[...]

The ibf_core_cache table holds page caches primarily, e.g. cached guest-viewed pages. You can both disable this feature (not recommended) in the AdminCP as well as control how long caches are valid for.

If you enable Redis or a similar caching engine, these cached pages are stored there instead of in the database.

In short, yes this is normal. In this case, the configuration out of the box results in more database space being used, with the benefit being that this speeds up normal usage of the site for guests.

2 hours ago, Mr. Grizzly said:

I got this message from the support and it worked well.

[...]
As a starting point, please visit your AdminCP, then click "Support" under "System" then select "Something is not working correctly" and go through the wizard. It is quite possible this will resolve your concerns.
[...]

Oh, as a quick follow up, running the support tool clears caches, which is why this "worked well" to address your concerns.

Archived