News Support

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Mike,

I am not able to uninstall your app. The error is:

Ne peut effacer (DROP) 'g_ns_add_news'. Vérifiez s'il existe.

It does not help to create the column. It is deleted during uninstall and then comes the error. Seems that IPS4 tries to delete the column twice and fails at the second time. IPS version 4.2.3.1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

When I click save on the Settings page I get this:

EX4096 Something went wrong. Please try again.

TECHNICAL DETAILS

ErrorException: Object of class IPS\Member could not be converted to string (4096)
#0 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(291): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(4096, 'Object of class...', '/home/chronill/...', 291, Array)
#1 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(836): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('UPDATE `core_sy...', Array)
#2 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Helpers/Form/Form.php(669): IPS\_Db->update('core_sys_conf_s...', Array, Array)
#3 /home/chronill/public_html/applications/news/modules/admin/news/settings.php(72): IPS\Helpers\_Form->saveAsSettings()
#4 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(94): IPS\news\modules\admin\news\_settings->manage()
#5 /home/chronill/public_html/applications/news/modules/admin/news/settings.php(30): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\news\modules\admin\news\_settings->execute()
#7 /home/chronill/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

12 hours ago, Simon Woods said:

... and I got an answer. Shall I use a ticket to get help with this?

I've sent you a PM with the modified file to make things easier. That file just needs to be uploaded in that location I mentioned by IPS.

I'm not sure where their support guidelines fall on this, with this being a third party app. But worse case scenario, I'll put together a new version that just includes this fix.

On 30/03/2016 at 1:51 AM, Mike John said:

I've sent you a PM with the modified file to make things easier. That file just needs to be uploaded in that location I mentioned by IPS.

I'm not sure where their support guidelines fall on this, with this being a third party app. But worse case scenario, I'll put together a new version that just includes this fix.

Thanks! They gave me access and everything went through fine.

Unfortunately, the 'truncate' setting isn't working, or at least doesn't appear to be. When it says 'front page' I assume it means this: http://revolutions.chroniclesofthedas.com/index.php?/news/ 

... and as you can see the entries aren't truncated. Is this possibly related to the theme?