Pls bring back custom RSS feeds

NoGi

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why can't you all get together, agree on a price and hire a coder to write a plugin for you.  I can recommend Jose, or onlyME as doing excellent work. 

​That would absolutely be an option - I think the issue is that it used to be part of the core and has now gone - it would be nice if it came back as part of the core.

Why can't you all get together, agree on a price and hire a coder to write a plugin for you.  I can recommend Jose, or onlyME as doing excellent work. 

I would have HAD it not been part of the core product prior to the upgrade. IPS are going to consider putting it back on but they requested that I post it here as an enhancement request. There needs to be sufficient demand for it to be prioritised accordingly.

Core functionality that was removed in the move from 3.4.X to 4.X shouldn't REALLY have to be re-justified by customer demand, in my opinion.

The explanation provided was that it was being temporarily removed to streamline the upgrade and allow IPS staff to focus on the core.

Okay... that's cool... I understand that. But now that 4.X is in production, to turn around and require removed functionality to be "re-upped" in terms of user demand is inconsistent with the rationale provided for "temporarily" removing it in the first place.

Count me in for wanting this feature reinstated.

Actually going back through my ticket (916627) I see 2 conflicting comments from IPS:

This feature is not available in 4.0 at this time but it is on our roadmap for a release soon.

And when asked for timeframe for soon, from a different support staff

This is not available at present as I believe this is being updated. Please feel free to add this as a suggestion within the relevant section on the community forum however as we appreciate any suggestions which you feel may improve the software.

I don't see it in the feature plan so it would be good to get an official answer as to where exactly this is at from IPS.

I'm in the same boat, I import feeds from a few sites and members are noticing that they are not done automatically. 

Please bring back the old functionality!

​The topic is about more control for RSS exports – you still can import RSS feed (with less options than before). 

Archived