4.0.6 upgrade broke images

W4L

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yah i have no emotions or icons on the index atm  everything inside topics seems to be fine havnt tried to download any attachments yet.

​Got both if these in the Bug Tracker and started a ticket the 25th or 26th, was moved to tier 2 for diagnosis and fixing we hope. Tier 2 is a bit behind I think, it could be a bit for some help because some of these cases are not all because of the same issue why something is happening from what was said earlier. Hopefully addressed in 4.0.7..

I've not got that far yet. Invision did my upgrade for me.

So how is the upgrade process supposed to work in the new version? I was wondering on that this morning when I could not find a way taking the forum offline like there was in v3.

you can take it offline still .

system/general config theres a button to do it .

i dont even bother taking it down to upgrade lol

i take a backup. download the upgrade package from the acp and upload it to my server.

theres images and instructions on how to do it now in the acp after its uploaded just click the upgrade button :)

i love ips 4 but i realy hate all the bug's , i should have waited to switch my site .

Hells bells that tick-box was so un-obvious that I missed it completely!

Right so is there a special area on ha ot FTP the update file into for it to work? Invision seem to give very few instructions on this sort of thing. The upgrade system sounds good / scary depending from which angle I look at it.

Yeah if the end of support message had not been so worrying I'd have delayed longer an when Invision told me the upgrade (including IP.Content) would be pain free........ Well we all know how the latter went. Too many bugs, and I've got to completely redesign my portal and as I'm no theme designer or coder that is proving to be a nightmare!

yah you just upload everything inside the upgrade zip to your public_html folder and overwrite.

it will tell you in the instructions your exact path .

im just hoping i get an answer somtime today lol kinda sucks not having emotions and icons :(

i bought a wicked theme and add on pack but it looks like crap atm

Sounds painless, I'll do a full backup first though :)

Yeah I did a quick fix for the after-migration emoticons (you did see my posts on that), but legacy pre-migration ones I'm in hte same boat as you.

Go on throw me a link so I can check it out.

For me I can manage with a mostly stock site all I need are CMS blocks and it seems few folks are willing to assist in developing the blocks I need. Heck I can even pay a small fee for them if needed.

Yeah painful isn't it? I guess you need to get it solid for testing your Themes on too! Any IPS4 ones in the pipeline?

​All my themes are for 4.0, non for 3.4 tekguru. I also do not use a normal site to work on my themes with. I try and use a new version every single time to make sure all files paths are correct and no surprises happen. Using older versions tends to not be the wisest of decisions for right now or upgraded versions. A little more work re-making everything clean but for now that's the way it needs to be for me to insure what I put out there is proper with IPB's latest version. And so far... Knock on wood, no ones had any install issues.

Kind Regards

Besides this I should mention I've grown quite fond of the 4.0 software, so the pain has some edge cut from it :) Someone else may not however be ready for the side-order of extreme patience

Shhhhh. Here, check it out. @Matt
IPB should love reading this thread. When users like what's happening this much it says a lot imo.
https://www.officialdrummer.com/forum/topic/16720-thanks-augie/#comment-166425

Sounds good, I may well be interested, do you have a gallery online (I can't see one on your site)?

Also do you do content block work as well?

Yeah Invision need to take steps to fix issues, the ones in this thread should have been resolved way before we got pushed towards uplifting.

I apologize also tekguru, right now I'm concentrating on making what I have out there absolutely perfect before I start taking custom requests, this next release has some changes and I believe puts me real close however... I have light themes to release also before I can consider that. 

Kind Regards

Archived