Double-clicking "Submit" button allows double posting

Kirill N

Today our forus started to do this, lots of double and triple posts. So far we haven't notice any pattern with this issue, we do not know is it only with some browsers or what.

Together with this (because of this?) forum also come very slow sometimes.

Ticket sent.

21 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Today our forus started to do this, lots of double and triple posts. So far we haven't notice any pattern with this issue, we do not know is it only with some browsers or what.

Together with this (because of this?) forum also come very slow sometimes.

Ticket sent.

My members say remote locations/ slow connections, not browser specific. Kinda' going to kill my business... 

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2016 at 8:19 AM, Lindy said:

We have our engineering team working on the double posting issue. I'm unsure if it will be squeezed into 4.1.9, but we are aware and will incorporate a fix. 

Hi,

This issue still exist for me, with 4.1.10.
Are there any news about this?

thanks

On 4/24/2016 at 7:14 AM, ZeroHour said:

Changes are coming in 4.1.11, heres hoping: 

If you are referring to this:

• More consistent visual feedback when a post submit or edit is processing to reduce duplicates.

Then I wouldn't get my hopes up. This bug has nothing to do with "visual feedback when a post submit is processing".
Is it suggesting that the duplicated content is happening because the user get "inconsistent visual feedback" and is clicking the submit button twice or whatever - which is completely not the case with this bug.

Archived