Changing Block Titles - Why can't we do it?

phatmass

When I add "Customizable Topic Feed" or a "Customizable Post Feed" it seems odd that there is no option to change the title of that block. What is the point of being able to customize a topic feed if the title of the block always says "Topics". What if I want two custom post feeds on one page, like say, "Boy Topics" and "Girl Topics". Right now, there is no option to name the blocks, so they will both appear as just "Topics" and "Topics". Because of this, I'm not using any custom post feeds. Can you guys fix this?

When I add "Customizable Topic Feed" or a "Customizable Post Feed" it seems odd that there is no option to change the title of that block. What is the point of being able to customize a topic feed if the title of the block always says "Topics". What if I want two custom post feeds on one page, like say, "Boy Topics" and "Girl Topics". Right now, there is no option to name the blocks, so they will both appear as just "Topics" and "Topics". Because of this, I'm not using any custom post feeds. Can you guys fix this?

I very very very much need this too.

​.

Go to ..

Customization > Languages > Translation tools > Switch on "quick translation" ..

Go to your block .. click and hold on top of your title .. a new input box field will appear .. fill in whatever you wanna have .. done ..

​.

Go to ..

Customization > Languages > Translation tools > Switch on "quick translation" ..

Go to your block .. click and hold on top of your title .. a new input box field will appear .. fill in whatever you wanna have .. done ..

​Yeah but this way if you have multiple custom blocks they will all still have the same name.

Another solution, if you have Pages, is to create a custom block. That's what I did.

• 4 weeks later...

​Go to ..

Go to your block .. click and hold on top of your title .. a new input box field will appear .. fill in whatever you wanna have .. done ...

​This does not work.

1. quick translation only affects my account. It would not show up for my users.
2. making a change to the custom block title in the languages will affect all the custom block titles--so it defeats the whole point of having a "custom" block

Again, I see little point in having the ability to create a "custom" block if the title of that custom block can't have a custom title. It seems to be a flaw or oversight?

1. quick translation only affects my account. It would not show up for my users.

​That's a common misunderstanding. When the description informs you that it will only affect your account, it doesn't mean that you'll be the only one to see this text string (and where would these one-off text string be in the database anyway?) but that you'll be the only user who can edit by holding down over a string. It's the ability to change a translation that is limited to the person switiching on the Quick Translating tool, not seeing the result.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a common misunderstanding. When the description informs you that it will only affect your account, it doesn't mean that you'll be the only one to see this text string (and where would these one-off text string be in the database anyway?) but that you'll be the only user who can edit by holding down over a string. It's the ability to change a translation that is limited to the person switiching on the Quick Translating tool, not seeing the result.

OK, but the fact remains that it will change the title of every custom topic block. If I want two custom topic blocks with different titles, I cannot do it.

Archived