Feeds

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/17/2016 at 7:47 AM, tjk said:

This working with latest 4.1.12.3, and still actively maintained?  The built in RSS importer is horrible and inconsistent.

It should be, and yes. My apologies, been busy.

2 minutes ago, Yurri said:

On the latest 4.1.* version IPS - don't working(

Could you elaborate, please? As of your latest post you indicated it was working fine, I'd like to resolve any issues that arise, but I can't read minds...

7 minutes ago, Yurri said:

Hello Robert. You have my login.

See it please.

http://rustenerife.com

My latest post))) Give me new version, please)))

Please disable cloudflare. Once again, the javascript is so busted on your site I cannot properly investigate what is going on there. Are you sure this isn't a repeat of the issue you initially had that had nothing to do with my application? If it persists with cloudflare disabled, let me know, but I'm not about to go hunting down CF being silly again.

20 minutes ago, tjk said:

Hey @Marcher Technologies, are the rss import to thread/posts features of your app better than the built in RSS importer of IPS 4?  Is it possible to test this for 2 or 3 days to make sure it works before buying it?

Thanks!

I wouldn't say better honestly. Different. I offer the ability to import every item in a feed as a new post, instead of as a new topic, as well as importing RSS to Pages Database records.

I also offer a standalone categorized rss feed listing, as well as an rss widget with a few more options than the default one that comes with Pages. Again, not really better, just a different approach.

I do not however offer a demo, or refunds, so please do ask any specific questions you may have about the application here in this topic before buying.

2 hours ago, Marcher Technologies said:

I wouldn't say better honestly. Different. I offer the ability to import every item in a feed as a new post, instead of as a new topic, as well as importing RSS to Pages Database records.

I also offer a standalone categorized rss feed listing, as well as an rss widget with a few more options than the default one that comes with Pages. Again, not really better, just a different approach.

I do not however offer a demo, or refunds, so please do ask any specific questions you may have about the application here in this topic before buying.

Thanks, can you share a link or PM me a customer's site running your Feeder, so I can check it out?  Or, do you have a demo site running using your functionality?

11 hours ago, Marcher Technologies said:

Also, does your app have the ability to pull in the entire rss article/page or just a snippet like the built in one?

6 hours ago, tjk said:

Also, does your app have the ability to pull in the entire rss article/page or just a snippet like the built in one?

Here is actually a point where I differ from the core implementation highly. The 'feed list' will paginate and truncate(with the ability to 'show' the truncated text available) the feed items based on configuration.

The imports however are not truncated in any way, nor will I ever add such a feature. The feed list can safely truncate on display, but in imports I would have to risk truly truncating before save, which nearly guarantees broken HTML, or stripping HTML, thus is not something that I will add to this app.

53 minutes ago, Chris59 said:

Ok . have waste enough time on this ... no step by step manual how to get this to work .. and how it suppose to work . 

What happened? I was about to buy this, glad I saw your post.

1 hour ago, Chris59 said:

Ok . have waste enough time on this ... no step by step manual how to get this to work .. and how it suppose to work . 

what are you trying to do specifically, and what has you stumped? installation is as normal via upload .tar via install application from the ACP, then visit and configure the desired functionality for imports and/or feed listing under the new Feeds tab on the left.

No issue during the installation . was easy . is confusing . want to use it as a pages page and try to make block.  i try all kind of ways and not show up what so ever ... dont even show up if i try to make a simple widget ... and not sure how it suppose to show up . if i use app feed page i can see the categorys and the icons next to cat names is the link to the rss . omg . have no idea what is going on haha 

1 hour ago, Chris59 said:

No issue during the installation . was easy . is confusing . want to use it as a pages page and try to make block.  i try all kind of ways and not show up what so ever ... dont even show up if i try to make a simple widget ... and not sure how it suppose to show up . if i use app feed page i can see the categorys and the icons next to cat names is the link to the rss . omg . have no idea what is going on haha 

Thank you for the PM granting access. For other's reference, this was an odd one, with an RSS 2.0 feed using ATOM elements causing IPS' parser to choke silently and falsely return no feed items.

The best way to determine if such is my problem's or IPS' is to make a new admin-only forum, and make a new RSS/ATOM Import in the forums application, from the forums application, using the troublesome RSS\ATOM URL. If you still see no results/imports, submit a ticket to IPS referencing the forums application import and the admin-only forum created, and have them look into why the parser won't play nice with the feed. Otherwise, please do post here, as that would be my problem.

If, as the affected site's admin, you don't have/use the forums app to test with, i'll still be happy to debug any issues like this, and either fix it if it is my problem, or pass on my findings to help expedite support if it is indeed a core issue.

Didnt work make a new forum and new RSS/ATOM to import to that forum
so i have post a ticket to ips support and i will return here when i get some
answers from the support ...

In meantime when i dont know hows it looks on site i look old pics from 
3.x.x version . Had been cool to have the option have a dedicated page with
feeds . Each widget is one imported rss url and the option how many shows
below a photoshopped idea i had in mind ..... 

rss_dedicated.png

Archived