Auto Welcome Support

On 2016-09-12 at 8:00 AM, Buschiq said:

Any news about this? It's been almost three weeks now and I really miss this feature, Auto Welcome is great when it's working.

5 hours ago, Mike John said:

Not for a few more weeks unfortunately. Still flat out with bug fixes for all my apps.

Thanks for letting me know! :thumbsup: Good to have an estimate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2016 at 8:22 PM, Mike John said:

Not for a few more weeks unfortunately. Still flat out with bug fixes for all my apps.

No issue for me as long as people understand it's not currently a core feature.

Technically yes but IPB4 doesn't make things easy for me. If you open applications/autowelcome/hooks/validatehook.php. I'll have to confirm with the code but if you remove the "validationComplete" function and the second if statement in the "postRegistration" function.

/* Welcome member straight awway */
	    if( \IPS\Settings::i()->reg_auth_type == 'none' OR \IPS\Request::i()->do == 'complete' )
        {

That should in theory welcome the member after email validation but before admin validation. But it would need to be tested and I may be missing some improvements that IPB 4.1.14 or later may have introduced.

I will check this and see if it works.

Edited by DrMath
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2016 at 8:22 PM, Mike John said:

Technically yes but IPB4 doesn't make things easy for me. If you open applications/autowelcome/hooks/validatehook.php. I'll have to confirm with the code but if you remove the "validationComplete" function and the second if statement in the "postRegistration" function.

/* Welcome member straight awway */
	    if( \IPS\Settings::i()->reg_auth_type == 'none' OR \IPS\Request::i()->do == 'complete' )
        {

That should in theory welcome the member after email validation but before admin validation. But it would need to be tested and I may be missing some improvements that IPB 4.1.14 or later may have introduced.

I have validated that this is working.

34 minutes ago, Volstate said:

I don't have it set to make posts upon welcoming people in. I'd much rather it be added so it can just go straight to the Chatbox like it did in the previous version

I haven't tried it this way but possibly you can make the welcoming forum only visible to admin / mods.  

Edited by InsideEdge
On 19/10/2016 at 1:53 AM, matthias23 said:

I have a hosted IPB, how can I install this great plugin? I can only upload xml files.

I assume the above reply helped but if not, make sure you follow this install guide - http://www.devfuse.com/forums/tutorials/article/162-install-application-guide/

On 19/10/2016 at 0:10 PM, Volstate said:

That's a yes @Mike John! You can include it :)

I'll note it for the next version and I should be able to get it included in the next few weeks.

15 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

How to send PM as "system" or how to auto leave PM after sending ?

Assuming you haven't made any changes, I just checked the code and it should already be setting the "system" flag as true.

14 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

Yes, I've 20/30 new pm at day... In the previous version there are a flag "leave conversation".

I'll note this for the next version. It should be ready next week.

12 hours ago, EricT said:

The app should work with  Facebook/Twitter signups ?

There have been some issues reported, so it's not 100% yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...