Sidebar Poll Support

Total vote count.

Per choice shows number of people who voted for that choice and percentage. That works fine.

You'll need to check with IPS as to why it no longer shows the total vote count as I'm using their template bit to display the Poll in the widget.

I am considering creating a new template that doesn't rely on theirs due to some other issues, if I do go ahead with that I'll see if the total vote count data is still stored and if so I can add that.

haha I might need a pair as well, completely missed that.

The problem is any change you make needs to be applied to the topic poll and sidebar poll widget. Try this, open acp > customization > edit theme > core > global > global > poll.

Find:

<span class='ipsType_normal ipsType_light'>

Replace With:

<span class='ipsType_normal'>

• 4 weeks later...

Can modification be made so a forum topic feed is added and rotation of the feed?  I would like to be able to select which forum polls are added, so when the widget is placed in the sidebar it rotates between the selected polls, or perhaps create a new widget that works this way.

I would be willing to pay for the changes, make donation or purchase new, whatever works for you.

P.S. In the copy write area, I would like to use this area to add a message ,which allows for a link to a url.

Thanks   

Edited by Ricw

Can modification be made so a forum topic feed is added and rotation of the feed?  I would like to be able to select which forum polls are added, so when the widget is placed in the sidebar it rotates between the selected polls, or perhaps create a new widget that works this way.

As in a forum option for each new widget? Or do you need to be able to specify the exact polls that will be placed in rotation?

As in a forum option for each new widget? Or do you need to be able to specify the exact polls that will be placed in rotation?

Yes- specify exact polls that will be places in rotation, probably 5.  But it would also be nice, say on my index page, a poll widget is placed, which displays 5 rotation polls.  In other areas on my site, another poll widgets could be place, which displays 1-5 different rotation polls.

My site has specific reasons to rely heavily on polls, so it would be nice to use this poll widget to entice non-members to join up.  In that sense, I would want to use/specify the juiciest polls.    

Yes widget.

That worked for actually automatic uploading new monthly poll but if I click on "Edit" button same loading circle.

Have you had any issues with other plugin widgets? As far as I can tell there hasn't been any requirement changes for plugin widgets, so I might be leaning towards an IPB4 bug at this point.

I've tested application widgets without issue but seems once you've added a plugin widget, you can't edit it afterwards.

I upgraded my board to 4.0.13 and all of sudden I can't edit poll.

Hmm... this raises a good question, since IPS is still having quite a few upgrades, fixing bugs and/or issues with 4.0, If I pay to have widgets or work done, then upgrade to a new version, say every two weeks, each time, I will risk the work I paid for does not work.

I would remind everyone, I am a fan, supporter of IPS 4.0, and I know, introducing totally news systems takes a while to work out, what I am going to call a stable environment.

Any thoughts on this? 

That's the only one giving me problems.

Tomorrow I'll try to uninstall/reinstall.

I've confirmed this as a bug. Next version should be out soon and will include this fix.

Hmm... this raises a good question, since IPS is still having quite a few upgrades, fixing bugs and/or issues with 4.0, If I pay to have widgets or work done, then upgrade to a new version, say every two weeks, each time, I will risk the work I paid for does not work.

I would remind everyone, I am a fan, supporter of IPS 4.0, and I know, introducing totally news systems takes a while to work out, what I am going to call a stable environment.

Any thoughts on this? 

Generally custom work comes with an included fixed amount of support for bug fixes.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2015 9:09:30, broni said:

I just noticed that overall number of votes is not displayed.

Yes I've switched it out to display the topic title as the widget title now. But you can easily re-add the number of votes back into that template bit. Something like this placed in the sidebarPoll template bit.

{number="$poll->votes"}

Edited by Mike John
  • 1 month later...