Sidebar Poll Support

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work! :) Only thing i would like to see is a permission option to exclude groups to see the poll block. i hope you can add this.

bug report: When you add a url in the poll, the permission settings you give in the admin panel will not work anymore.

Edited by PANL

If it was not the copyright line, I'd probably even bought.

​You can purchase copyright removal for my free mods here. Both the IPB 3.4 and 4.0 versions are included.

Nice work! :) Only thing i would like to see is a permission option to exclude groups to see the poll block. i hope you can add this.

bug report: When you add a url in the poll, the permission settings you give in the admin panel will not work anymore.

​When trying to change the setting or in the public side? The permission check should be the first thing done so don't see a cause here. Anyone else having this problem?

​​When trying to change the setting or in the public side? The permission check should be the first thing done so don't see a cause here. Anyone else having this problem?

​Yes i change them and disallow guest to see the poll. i select a forum to scan for new poll's. on this point everything is okey.

but when i edit the block and change url to a topic in a different forum. the permissions are broken and the poll is visible for guests.

The plugin disables Polls in Blogs.  IPS 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 to.

​Please post in the support topic before posting a review and at least give me the chance to fix bugs. I can't fix a bug posted on a Friday afternoon that fast.

​Yes i change them and disallow guest to see the poll. i select a forum to scan for new poll's. on this point everything is okey.

but when i edit the block and change url to a topic in a different forum. the permissions are broken and the poll is visible for guests.

​I'll take another look and see what I can find while working on the blog bug. The block perms should be used in both specific and forum loaded polls. And the poll itself should check for permissions for viewing that topic.

​Hmm, I never tried it in Blogs, only forums.  I trust you are correct.

​Yep confirmed issue. The hook excludes voting anywhere other then the topic and stop voting issues from the widget. I'll adjust it to be more exact. Will try to get it fixed today given this would affect Blog users as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmm, would it be possible to make some changes to the aesthetics of the widget?

There's probably too many changes involved, though it's worth asking (I brought it up on IPSFocus since the the widget isn't inheriting the theme's layout).

• Widget header to be the same size and font as all the other widgets.
  • Removal of vote/amount of vote in widget header
  • Question the same size font as other widgets

• side.thumb.png.5f955c1073f883ee151466a35

Hmm, would it be possible to make some changes to the aesthetics of the widget?

There's probably too many changes involved, though it's worth asking (I brought it up on IPSFocus since the the widget isn't inheriting the theme's layout).

• Widget header to be the same size and font as all the other widgets.
  • Removal of vote/amount of vote in widget header
  • Question the same size font as other widgets

This is not something I can easily change. I'm using the Polls existing template to serve the poll straight into a widget. The best option I can suggest would be to modify the poll template to show a different header when displaying in a widget. Can put together those edits if needed but would need to be applied per skin and manually

I am aware of this bug and will be looking at ways to solve this in the future. It may be necessary in the end to just reproduce the existing poll template bit into a widget.

Can be added 2-3 blocks polls from 2-3 different topics? Or can only block one?

And there is a possibility of different pages have different poll - as the forum for cars is a poll for cars, forum for food is a poll for healthy eating?

Yes multiple widget blocks can be added but only 1 topic can be set per widget block. If not topic is set, it falls back to any forum you've got setup in the admin cp plugin settings.

Yes multiple widget blocks can be added but only 1 topic can be set per widget block. If not topic is set, it falls back to any forum you've got setup in the admin cp plugin settings.

Yes, what I want - three different blocks in each of them to poll three different topics.