Simple page with articles on a single row (single column)

Marius

To show the author line always below the image, add this to custom.css:

.ipsList_inline {
clear: both;
}

Be aware that it may affect other areas of the site, so you might want to add a "custom" class to <ul class="ipsList_inline"> in the template.

Like so <ul class="ipsList_inline jump">, then in custom.css you would add .jump instead of .ipsList_inline.

I was working on it as you have replied and what I have found was a different syntax of your suggestion.

Instead of playing with the CSS I directly wrote that to template as ;

<ul class='ipsList_inline' style="clear: both;">

and the outcome was as below..

By the way, thanks for your suggestion @-FP , your help is much appreciated.

The only thing I could not do is the time format. Still searching ;)

IPS4snip3.JPG

Yeah that works, but lol... now I realized... that isn't what you were asking about to begin with?

To move the actual author line, category and date, just grab the <p class="ipsType_light ipsType_reset">code</p> in the template, and paste it after the <ul class="ipsList_inline"> is closed.

(Well give it a try, I just tested it and it may break the image position a bit).

@ABGenc I found something to format the date, but probably, this isn't the best way to do it, there should be some method defined by IPS to format it instead of using "raw php" in the template. Anyway...

In your template, add this wherever you want your date:

{{$myDate = gmdate('l j, M Y - G:i', $record->record_publish_date);}}
{$myDate}

That will give you the date in this format: Friday 1, May 2015 - 21:33

To modify it, edit 'l j, M Y - G:i' with this as reference: http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

Thanks @-FP as you said it can be formatted according to your needs. Seems it will solve the problem. The only thing I have realised when you use j or M month name is diplayed in English. in record_publish_date it is displayed in language selected. To overcome that issue I had to use m ( month as number )

• 2 weeks later...

I would be interested if it is possible to remove the information about who posted it under the title of the article, or at least I would be happy if I could even remove the avatar who posted article.

how_to_remove_this.thumb.png.cba92185dfb

I noticed that when you access the first page (home page) from mobile,  author avatar which is displayed under the title of the article disappears.

autor-avatar.thumb.PNG.47871977088827dc7

What css code should I add in the file custom.css so that the author avatar to disappear from the front page, where the articles are displayed including desktop.

how_to_remove_this.thumb.png.cba92185dfb

I do not want to make changes in the template, because these changes will be lost after each update.

I would prefer to make changes only with the file custom.css. I think it's the best option for me, because I'm not very good at coding.

@Ralf H.

Maybe I was not clear enough. I want to use the default theme IPS 4.0.x  and @Marcher Technologies said:

​That is default functionality..... generally speaking you should try to avoid modifying the html with anything but a hook, however if you must, your templates in your custom themes that have been customized will not be updated by the software.

@Ralf H.

It is not more efficient to make minor changes in the default theme, using custom.css file? What do you recommend?

Archived