Topic Thumbnail for IPS4.x

It's strange because I initially upload and installed Topic Thumbnail plugin and hook on 11/28, and it was working fine.  Then a couple of days later the homepage broke (which is where I added the Topic Thumbnail block.  

It works now.  

Another suggestion:

• Default topic thumbnail per category / forum in addition to a global thumbnail.  The reason why is that I have some boards dedicated to news and discussion, another for announcements and new hire introductions, etc. and I'd like to create more distinction between those boards in the Recent Posts block.    
7 hours ago, Jesse Rapczak said:

So my thumbnails are using the original large versions, can't you use small file size thumbnail to display? It's clogging up my load times using the original images.

Hi,

You should upload thumbnails manually. There is no way to resize external images in topic content.

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Perhaps a stupid question, but when I upgrade:

1. I overwrite the existing files with new files
  2. Delete old hook and add new hook??

1. Upload overwrite existing file.

2. Go to Admin CP > System > Plugins and find the plugin that you want to upgrade, click the "Upload new version" button (next to the edit button), browse for the supplied xml file. Simply click "Install" and wait for the upgrader to complete.

6 minutes ago, onlyME said:

1. Upload overwrite existing file.

2. Go to Admin CP > System > Plugins and find the plugin that you want to upgrade, click the "Upload new version" button (next to the edit button), browse for the supplied xml file. Simply click "Install" and wait for the upgrader to complete.

Ok thanks

Just now, onlyME said:

There is no way, because checking image size will make the site slow down. You should change thumbnails manually. 

Easy said than done. I have thousands of threads! Couldn't you add a blacklist for thumbnails from specific directories?

Just now, onlyME said:

I also think about the feature to blacklist urls, maybe it will be released in some next versions.

Thanks for your fast response. This is a great well-rounded plugin that I will use oh so much. How are thumbnail urls stored? Maybe I can query results with thumbnails and modify all of them with the default thumbnail instead.