Additional Links in Navigation Bar

Adriano Faria

About This File

This application will allow you to add up to five new links to your navigation bar.

Notes:

• It works exacly like new links created by Pages or even like Commerce (Support and Store links): they can only be moved together. You can't separate the links. This is due to how the navigation bar works (links grouped by app).
  • You can't set links to open on a new tab/window. This is also due to how the navigation bar works.

I am installing it now, and when I choose the tar file in application install in admin cp and click install

it takes me to a empty blank white page then I go back to admin cp application and it's nto installed

Tried it on Google chrome and Firefox

I am installing it now, and when I choose the tar file in application install in admin cp and click install

it takes me to a empty blank white page then I go back to admin cp application and it's nto installed

Tried it on Google chrome and Firefox

Which board version ?

Take a look if that's the issue: http://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/rc-7-4c1336-when-installing-app-r4762/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to know though where I can set group permissions to view the links or not...

​IPS4 doesn't has this feature for its nav links (at least till 4.0.2: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/404701-howwhere-do-i-hide-an-app-tab-from-specific-groups/) , so I can't set permission on something that can't be checked. What you can do is disable for everybody, which doesn't make sense, or leave it enabled for everybody.

EDIT: just checked on 4.0.5 install of client, still not an option on 4.0.5. You can only set the visibility to ON or OFF, but you can't choose groups like you could on IPB 3.4:

SOS-1432647131-U1.png

Bummer, I guess we have to wait until IPS comes with a solution for this then? The links plugin like I would like to use it would only contain information for registered members only, not for guests...

Thanks for the reply anyway Adriano, good job on this though... ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It SHOULD display the order that it's there: lunk1, link2, link3, etc.

I have no idea why it does not appears right on menu. Certainly it's something on menu generation, 'cause all I can do is done: a file extension per menu, like Commerce.

I'll try to get sone reply from IPS.

Sadly it doesn't. It seems to display them is a random order.

Thanks for checking it out.

About This File

This application will allow you to add up to five new links to your navigation bar.

Notes:

• It works exacly like new links created by Pages or even like Commerce (Support and Store links): they can only be moved together. You can't separate the links. This is due to how the navigation bar works (links grouped by app).
  • You can't set links to open on a new tab/window. This is also due to how the navigation bar works.

Awesome!

But is there anyway we can use our own icon? you know the icon in front of the tab name?

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived