IPS Rules Application

• 4 weeks later...

@Kevin Carwile 

Thank you, the drop down works ^_^

my other question has to do with the pips system.  We've installed it and it works so thank you!

My question is, how should I go about allowing demotions based on warns, suspensions and content removal? I'm finding that some of our more irritating posters have all the pips because they have enough posts and likes but, they still annoy people and i'd like their pips to reflect that

6 minutes ago, mcwil said:

My question is, how should I go about allowing demotions based on warns, suspensions and content removal?

However you want?

My initial thought would be to create a custom data field for members that you can use to manually set a maximum number of pips a member can earn. Then wherever you award pips, writ another condition to make sure they arent going over the limit.

Maybe something like that would work.

• 2 weeks later...

@Kevin Carwile I've set it up that if a person joins a specific Collabs, they will receive certain secondary groups. How can I set it that if they leave those specific collab, they will lose their secondary group attached to the collab?

So let's use... for example: Game A

Person Joins Game A

Person that just joined Game A immediately gets Game A secondary Tag

Person decides to leave Game A collab, and loses Game A secondary Tag. 

1 hour ago, Eterna Gaming said:

Ok, but what about the Condition. That part doesn't make any sense to me ;-;

Conditions are like filters. You place conditions on rules so that your actions only get invoked when the conditions are met.

I thought you said you had it set up already for when they join a certain collab they would get a secondary group added. That implies you set up a condition there...

Just do the same thing for the reverse rule.

I am wondering if I am approaching this correctly and hoping to get your feedback.

I have a rule set up when a member uploads a file to Downloads, the Downloads content item #1 is created. This triggers the creation of another Downloads content item #2. However, unlike when Downloads content item #1 is created, the creation of content item #2 doesn't upload a file or result in an entry in the downloads_files_records table. There is an entry in the downloads_files table for both file #1 and file #2.

For the file #2 content item in the File  Content area I am trying to use Custom PHP Code to get the file record_location of file #1. This data is stored in the downloads_files_records table.

Question:

Within rules using PHP can I query the table downloads_files_records and pull the record_location for file #1 (e.g. monthly_2016_06/fileone.txt )? Or is there a variable I should be using?

Basically I am trying to get the file path of file #1 and display it as a URL in Downloads content item #2. To take it a step further I want to change the URL a little so that the extension is changed from fileone.txt to fileone.doc. So the whole thing will look like http://domain.com/ monthly_2016_06/fileone.doc

How can I do this in rules?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi Kevin,

Recently I made a request for a feature in IPS and was directed to this application by one of the IPS developers.

I have tried to mess around with it but it just seems so complicated and I cannot figure out how to do 1 thing.

Here is what I would like;

1. UserA with X user group has been a member for '240 days'
2. Promote UserA to user group Y (Part 1 and part 2 are already done by IPS)
3. Recognise a promotion of user group has occured
4. Automatically Post a thread to Subforum Z to congratulate the user on promotion
OR
4. Notify within AdminCP / Activity Streams / notifications list / PM to Administrator that a promotion has occured with UserA

Edited by Neej

@Kevin Carwile, now that someone brought up the Re-Engagement email, can you explain this…?

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/85216-tsts-new-ips-forum-post-your-bugs-etc/?page=19#comment-1236399

https://thesandtrap.com/uploads/monthly_2016_06/Capture.JPG.3aeac7e6db093d0ad3bba87a6749a8aa.JPG (it's a JPEG but I didn't want to display it as an embedded image).

Essentially, members who log in all the time kept getting the re-engagement emails. They got them so often I had to disable the rule. I'd tried disabling them, re-importing them, etc. in the past. This past time (a few weeks ago) I disabled the rule and deleted all of the pending actions.

I'd like to use the re-engagement rule, but not if it's going to annoy my actual members who log in several times per day…

You need to make sure that the follow up action is scheduled using a keyphrase so that it can be rescheduled properly everytime that the member logs in. If you do not have a keyphrase set on the action, they will all simply stack up on each other and you will have the problem you are having.

On July 29, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Kevin Carwile said:

You need to make sure that the follow up action is scheduled using a keyphrase so that it can be rescheduled properly everytime that the member logs in. If you do not have a keyphrase set on the action, they will all simply stack up on each other and you will have the problem you are having.

Does this work?

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-01%20at%2011.36.

That will work, however, it would be smart to include some static text into that keyphrase as well to make it unique to that specific scheduled action. Such as "Inactivity follow up email for member [member:id]".

Otherwise, if you try to schedule other unrelated actions for a member just using the [member:id] as a keyphrase, then it will potentially overwrite an existing scheduled action with that member id that it has no business overwriting.

21 minutes ago, Kevin Carwile said:

That will work, however, it would be smart to include some static text into that keyphrase as well to make it unique to that specific scheduled action. Such as "Inactivity follow up email for member [member:id]".

Otherwise, if you try to schedule other unrelated actions for a member just using the [member:id] as a keyphrase, then it will potentially overwrite an existing scheduled action with that member id that it has no business overwriting.

Thanks. I'll see if that works. Sounds likely.

Quick question,

I have the Apps by (RULES) and (PATHS). 

How would I make the Rules App create a new Path Alias every time a Member signed up?

For example, change the path of their profile pages to (website.com/username) instead of the (website.com/profile/123-username)

Thanks in advance ^_^