I must be missing the obvious with this Mod, what exactly does it give you? Is it a type of CMS system?

Is there a demo where we can see it working?

​See here. It's just a simple Portal page for your forums. If your after a more feature packed cms, then IP.Content would be a much better option.

No demo for now but when I update my own forums, I'll add the Portal for preview.

I think I've got it. Had to move the whole suite to the root of the server, and mark Portal as the main application. Then I had to edit some of the FURL's to reflect the rest of the suite.
Might have found a small bug, though. Se my signature link, and when I hoover the title of the posts, the a href title=" " tag only reads *View the topic %s*..  Not sure if it's only on my install..

Any way to edit the files to let pictures through the portal? Should be downscaled though.

Edited by LordFnix
The bug is in english language

Might have found a small bug, though. Se my signature link, and when I hoover the title of the posts, the a href title=" " tag only reads *View the topic %s*..

​Confirmed bug, will be fixed next release.

Any way to edit the files to let pictures through the portal? Should be downscaled though.

Attachments or external images? The included truncate doesn't really have an exclusions list, just truncates the entire post.

• 1 month later...

@Mike John I firstly want to thank you for being so generous & providing this product for free, just like in 3.4. Until I get my pages sorted I will be using this.

One problem I am having is the colour scheme is differen't from the rest of my website. Is there an area where I can change the bar colour etc easily?

ef5442e916.png

Also is there a way to change the menu name from Portal, to something else?

Edited by xert77

@Mike John I firstly want to thank you for being so generous & providing this product for free, just like in 3.4. Until I get my pages sorted I will be using this.

One problem I am having is the colour scheme is differen't from the rest of my website. Is there an area where I can change the bar colour etc easily?

Also is there a way to change the menu name from Portal, to something else?

You can edit the template from open ACP > Customizations > edit theme > portal > front > browse > index. It's a bit hard to give you the exact edit as the skin might use something different then the default skin but try this.

Find:

<div class='ipsEmbedded_headerArea'>

Replace With:

<div class='ipsType_sectionTitle'>

Ideally the skin author would include support for ipsEmbedded styling as that's used elsewhere in the forums as well.

Yes to change the Portals tab name, open the language manager and change the "frontnavigation_portal" value.

• 2 weeks later...

You can edit the template from open ACP > Customizations > edit theme > portal > front > browse > index. It's a bit hard to give you the exact edit as the skin might use something different then the default skin but try this.

Find:

<div class='ipsEmbedded_headerArea'>

Replace With:

<div class='ipsType_sectionTitle'>

Ideally the skin author would include support for ipsEmbedded styling as that's used elsewhere in the forums as well.

Yes to change the Portals tab name, open the language manager and change the "frontnavigation_portal" value.

Thanks Mike as always for all the work you do for us, I changed the code on the index but no joy, the background should be transparent but showing as white. Any other ideas where to change the news background so I can make my theme transparent?

mainsite.PNG

Thanks Mike as always for all the work you do for us, I changed the code on the index but no joy, the background should be transparent but showing as white. Any other ideas where to change the news background so I can make my theme transparent?

I'll need admin cp login details to troubleshoot this further. Without knowing what the skin is doing I have no definite instructions for a better style to use.

• 4 weeks later...

Default app can be set within the acp manage applications page. Portal would then load on domain.com/forum/. Or are you talking about having your Portal load on domain.com ?

I take it that cannot be used that way ... portal in site root (sitename.com) and forums etc in sub domain (subdomain.sitename.com)

How do I make this only display pinned topics, like in the previous versions used for 3.4.x?

As in the setting that allowed you to skip pinned topics or do you want only display pinned?

I take it that cannot be used that way ... portal in site root (sitename.com) and forums etc in sub domain (subdomain.sitename.com)

No but I've logged a bug report and will have instructions included next version if this is still possible in IPB4.