On 02/04/2017 at 7:27 AM, *MarkH* said:

I cant seem to find the home.php, my forums are in a /forum/ subfolder, anyone know where to find it or have a copy?

I ran into issues with this file and a recent version of IPB4, so had to remove the old home.php. I don't currently have a fix or work around for this.

On 02/04/2017 at 7:41 AM, Jaymez said:

The drag and drop side menu option is there on a Pages page, but isn't there when on the portal page

There shouldn't really be anything unique to the Portal app, what about when viewing a forum or any other non Pages app. Is it showing the Pages blocks for you there?

On 13/04/2017 at 4:40 AM, Jaymez said:

Ok, I PM'd you. I'm probably just missing something obvious

If I haven't replied yet, I'll have one up soon.

On 14/04/2017 at 9:10 PM, NeoIII said:

is it possible to have the Blocks on both sides on the portal page ?

Only the right side will be supported for the time being. When new widget areas become easier to add in IPB4, I'll add a second left column as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I would like to put the portal as the home page on my website. We can read on this page https://www.devfuse.com/forums/tutorials/article/122-set-portal-as-forum-home/ that it's necessary to modify the initdata.php file but I don't see it with index.php and conf_global.php, and I don't find the text 

define( 'IPS_DEFAULT_PUBLIC_APP', 'forums' );[/CODE] in init.php

Could you give me more informations about how to proceed please?

3 hours ago, Yungsun said:

Those instructions are currently out of date and this is a known bug. I should have updated instructions in an upcoming version if this is possible with IPB 4.2 still.

3 hours ago, Yungsun said:

Hello,

I would like to put the portal as the home page on my website. We can read on this page https://www.devfuse.com/forums/tutorials/article/122-set-portal-as-forum-home/ that it's necessary to modify the initdata.php file but I don't see it with index.php and conf_global.php, and I don't find the text 

define( 'IPS_DEFAULT_PUBLIC_APP', 'forums' );[/CODE] in init.php

I have my forums in a sub directory - ie, www/forums/

To get my users to the portal, I do the following in www/index.php (not in www/forums/index.php);

header('Location: /forums/portal', true, 302);
exit;

It's ugly, but it works.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

to set Portal as index on IPB 4.2 you just need to click the star next to the Application on App List in ACP, it makes Portal to the default Application and loads it on index.

no need to edit any files anymore...

btw. @Mike John any news on Boxes at both sides of Portal? (since 4.2 update maybe)

0QgqXK.png

• 3 weeks later...

In 4.2 I have problems with the date in Upcoming Events. Wrong month is shown (2017-08-15) when it should be 2017-09-15.
Theres nothing wrong within the Calendar as far as I can see and the correct date is  shown in the left side of the text. When updating the correct date is shown (as a blink) for a very short time but afterwards gets back to the wrong date again.  

upcom.PNG.5be397243719c1675267029a5b7e35eb.PNG
http://www.euphonia-audioforum.se/forums/
//Richard

Edited by riand1
  • 2 weeks later...

First off thank you for this great addon.

Since I updated it to version 1.7.0 I get an error when I try to add a new block to the portal.

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /Unityhq/forums/y*************/ could not be found on this server.  (blocked out path for obvious reasons ;) )

Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

On 9/13/2017 at 4:16 AM, riand1 said:

I'll contact IPS support.

I'm hoping you were able to solve this. Make sure you can reproduce this in non Portal locations, as that would indicate a problem with the widget itself.

On 9/23/2017 at 7:13 AM, eliteone said:

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

A few guesses but to be sure, could you either reply or PM me the contents of the block your trying to add so can test with it as well?